[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I installed a new theme for my phone now phone process keeps foreclosing and my screen is flickering...what do i do

If you do not have a back up of the clean ROM.. then you will likely have to boot into recovery, clear your Dalvik cache, the cache partition and then re-flash your base ROM.. That will usually resolve the problem.

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you do not have a back up of the clean ROM.. then you will likely have to boot into recovery, clear your Dalvik cache, the cache partition and then re-flash your base ROM.. That will usually resolve the problem.

thats an aweful lot of work for that problem. just flash a new theme. as long as that theme, themes the phone dialer you are good to go.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the Theme Nitro Dark and I really liked the boot animation. Howver, I tried some others out that I thought I would like, but decided I like the one that came with the theme the most.

Is there a way to restore just the boot animation from the theme? Or do I just have to reflash the whole theme itself?

Thanks guys!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I flashed the Theme Nitro Dark and I really liked the boot animation. Howver, I tried some others out that I thought I would like, but decided I like the one that came with the theme the most.

Is there a way to restore just the boot animation from the theme? Or do I just have to reflash the whole theme itself?

Thanks guys!

In Post #9 of this thread there is a process of extracting the "bootanimation.zip" file from a theme..

Chances are also good that the boot animation already present (labeled differently) - on the links page. - I will post the link here when I establish which on it is..

Edit: NitroDark v3 Boot animation is AndroidParticles1 Green - Preview || Download

Download file - it must be renamed: bootanimation.zip and then use Method B to install..
That should get you what you want.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOrtenzi

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
In Post #9 of this thread there is a process of extracting the "bootanimation.zip" file from a theme..

Chances are also good that the boot animation already present (labeled differently) - on the links page. - I will post the link here when I establish which on it is..

Edit: NitroDark v3 Boot animation is AndroidParticles1 Green - Preview || Download

Download file - it must be renamed: bootanimation.zip and then use Method B to install..
That should get you what you want.

Thanks JaeKar... I actually made a mistake. I have the Nitro Dark Eclipse theme (forgot to throw that in there) but I appreciate you extracting that for me. Let me go ahead and see if I can extract the boot animation using the steps in post 9... that the only way im gonna learn this stuff! If I run into problems, I will report back for more help. And I will "thank" you when I can get to a PC!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Fascinate
2.9.1 sc/EC10/Nitro Dark

Reactions: papa54 and JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks JaeKar... I actually made a mistake. I have the Nitro Dark Eclipse theme (forgot to throw that in there) but I appreciate you extracting that for me. Let me go ahead and see if I can extract the boot animation using the steps in post 9... that the only way im gonna learn this stuff! If I run into problems, I will report back for more help. And I will "thank" you when I can get to a PC!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Fascinate
2.9.1 sc/EC10/Nitro Dark

I didn't really extract it.. wink wink.. I looked inside the bootanimation.zip file and recognized the images... Knew where it was and copied the links..

Anything I (we) can do to help people learn and then they can teach others is the main goal. - The "thanks" goes to you for that!

Reactions: papa54 and JOrtenzi

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
On my quest for knowledge im curious if I'm able to download a theme or anything like bootscreens directly from my phone browser then install or flash like normal or if I need to usb to a pc then go threw the normal process and if so what apps or programs would I need on my phone to do so thanks for any info anyone has

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
On my quest for knowledge im curious if I'm able to download a theme or anything like bootscreens directly from my phone browser then install or flash like normal or if I need to usb to a pc then go threw the normal process and if so what apps or programs would I need on my phone to do so thanks for any info anyone has

I have been able to log into different sites on the Internet from the browser on my phone: download files to the sdcard (download folder) then install as required...

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
just for info i just from my fascinate downloaded ultimate honeycomb 3.0 then long held on the dl file and moved it to sd then went to recovery and installed went smooth no glitches yet i just needed someone to say they had done it for me to give it a try thanks

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
+1 mike. Alternatively you can fix permissions which may resolve your issues. Were you on a deodexed rom? (Read super clean, or debloated/deodexed)

na, the problem he is having is that stupid database problem with launcher pro and "frequent flashers". deleting the fede folder is the only cure. well you could format databases and dbdata in cwm, but that acomplishes the same thing.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
na, the problem he is having is that stupid database problem with launcher pro and "frequent flashers". deleting the fede folder is the only cure. well you could format databases and dbdata in cwm, but that acomplishes the same thing.

Dumped LP Pro months ago and still encountered the issue...

Probably unrelated causes but similar in manifestation.. that is why I suggested the (kill the fly with the shotgun) therapy with the clear caches and reflash.

whussain0

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Also, don't know if this will help but I ran into the same issue at one point. I am running voodoo and I wiped cache and dalvic in CWM, then flashed a clean ROM, then wiped cache and dalvic again, then reboot and it worked for me

T3CH9ICIAN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
im curious about the screen shots i see when looking at previews of themes with the 5 dock spots such as app contacts phone browser and messaging at the bottom of the screen it looks alot cleaner is that part of a theme or voodoo (im running 2.9.1nv) or is it launcher pro and if its launcher pro how well does it run ive read good and bad things about the way it interacts with 2.9/2.9.1 any advice would b greatly appreciated thanks