[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

esrakes24

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
wow so i just flashed my first Theme and it is bleeping awesome so many thanks to jaekar99 for all your hard work. Just one question..How do i get that HTC style clock shown in this preview pic?> xda-developers

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that is a skin from Beautiful Widgets... which is available in tha App Market. It is a paid app, but worth every penny

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

DarkAngel6698

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
There is good news and bad news as far as sound for boot animations;
Bad news - current kernels do not support the playing of sound during boot animations. (Shutdown sounds are playable)

Good news
- Samsung released the source code for new kernel development yesterday.. (for Mezmerize - Fascinate twin) the hope is that new kernels will start to roll out in the next week or so... with that in play we should start to see the capability for boot sounds, voodoo sound, and voodoo graphics enhancements...

K I get that, but then could you please tell me if possible what Rom this person is using as he has sound already.

YouTube - Samsung Fascinate Boot & Shutdown mod

This link was posted back in 2010: [MOD] Aperture Science boot & shutdown - xda-developers

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: JaeKar99

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
ultimate honeycomb v 3.1

Currently running eb01/16 sc 2.9.1

Flashed ultimate honeycomb the other day. Absolutley love it. The only issue I have come across thus far is I can't get the keyboard to vibrate on key press. I have gone into keyboard and settings, made sure it was checked off. I even unchecked it, reboted then checked it again. Still nothing. Its really not a huge deal but I'm very used to the vibe on press options.

Any insight?

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

Flashed ultimate honeycomb the other day. Absolutley love it. The only issue I have come across thus far is I can't get the keyboard to vibrate on key press. I have gone into keyboard and settings, made sure it was checked off. I even unchecked it, reboted then checked it again. Still nothing. Its really not a huge deal but I'm very used to the vibe on press options.

Any insight?

Samething for me too

sent from my super clean 2.9.2 voodoo fascinate

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Any insight?

Samething for me too

This is the first I have heard of this happening. I have been looking at the posts in the developer's thread and have not encountered this specific to the theme causing this.

You should make certain that your vibration intensity is set also, Settings, Sound settings - > scroll all the way to the bottom Vibration intensity.. make certain it is set where you want it. There is also a haptic setting in spare parts. It is rare that it will cause issues but make certain that has a check also.

I will continue to look for possible conflicts in the theme's developer thread. Thus far no reports.

Reactions: putney1477

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I flashed a bootanimation for the 1st time a couple days ago and now everytime I reboot, my clock/weather widget is gone ..it only takes about 20secs for me to set it up they I had it but just wantd to see if any one had that problem or know a fix

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I flashed a bootanimation for the 1st time a couple days ago and now everytime I reboot, my clock/weather widget is gone ..it only takes about 20secs for me to set it up they I had it but just wantd to see if any one had that problem or know a fix

That may be a launcher issue. Are you using Launcher Pro?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Any insight?

Samething for me too

I was also having a few issues with 3.1. Nitroglycerine33 released v3.1.1 that fixes some bugs. I flashed that and it's been smooth ever since.

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
This is the first I have heard of this happening. I have been looking at the posts in the developer's thread and have not encountered this specific to the theme causing this.

You should make certain that your vibration intensity is set also, Settings, Sound settings - > scroll all the way to the bottom Vibration intensity.. make certain it is set where you want it. There is also a haptic setting in spare parts. It is rare that it will cause issues but make certain that has a check also.

I will continue to look for possible conflicts in the theme's developer thread. Thus far no reports.

Thanks.. I flashed sc 2.9.2 and honeycomb 3.1.1 today as well. Still nothing. my phone will vibrate on keypress for the softkeys and all other navigation. It only doesn't work for the keyboard. hmmm....

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
does anyone know if there is a flashable version for boot animation of the droid peeing on apple out there? pls let me know and with instructions. Thanks guys

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if there is a flashable version for boot animation of the droid peeing on apple out there? pls let me know and with instructions. Thanks guys

Try this link. I am not certain it will work with the Fascinate.

To install: Use method A on post #7 of this thread... If you cannot get it to install you will need to download the bootanimation.zip and install using method B on the same post.

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Try this link. I am not certain it will work with the Fascinate.

To install: Use method A on post #7 of this thread... If you cannot get it to install you will need to download the bootanimation.zip and install using method B on the same post.

Thanks ill give it a go No go on it and dont want to mess around with other method. thanks for trying. still get the purple honeycomb esc type things. but it pushed something so i dont know what I did lol

Last edited: