[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha. That's what I did after I installed Ultimate Honeycomb. Nice theme, but I didn't care for the keyboard and some of the icons, so I flashed back to Fascinating Sense and it was still there. So, I flashed backed to 2.9.1, then flashed back to 2.9.2 and flashed the theme again. Not a big deal to me, but still wish there was a easier way to go about doing it lol.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Of the all of the Undervolted EC10 Kernels what are you guys experiencing? Anyone stand out more than another after a little time of use? I know it's probably a little early but I am still curious!

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
The kernel floodgates are opening up. Imnuts has new stuff

Sent from my voOdoO/froyo fascinate with Tapatalk ;-)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Whoa... just flashed imnuts 100 uv kernel and boot sounds works!!

Sent from my voOdoO/froyo fascinate with Tapatalk ;-)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok just fyi my phone locked on shutdown screen with the 100 uv kernel...going good on 50 uv. My phone locks with a 100 uv but others on xda have no probs.
YMMV...jus make sure you have a good kernel on ur sd b4 doing the 100 uv.

But I can confirm bootsounds are working with this kernel..FINALLY

Been wanting boot sounds forever...yea its a small thing but can do lots of kool sounds on bootup now :D

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Just put up links for imnuts kernels. I have used his kernels before... very solid.

Be warned there are many issues popping up on XDA use at your own risk.

Last edited:

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok just fyi my phone locked on shutdown screen with the 100 uv kernel...going good on 50 uv. My phone locks with a 100 uv but others on xda have no probs.

Been wanting boot sounds forever...yea its a small thing but can do lots of kool sounds on bootup now :D

davey11 - are you still stable on -50mv?.. I am watching XDA and there are guys with major FC issues, loss of root, and some other issues with the -100mv.

cwd500

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site

I just tried flashing 100 uv and when it started to boot it just went back samsung. I pulled battery booted in cwm and flashed the comavolt and it worked. How much under is the comavolt kernal?

sent from my super clean 2.9.2 voodoo fascinate

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
davey11 - are you still stable on -50mv?.. I am watching XDA and there are guys with major FC issues, loss of root, and some other issues with the -100mv.

Ya...did about 5 reboots and all good...the 10 uv booted up ok was good in the ui but jus plain locked on shutdown screen

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I just tried flashing 100 uv and when it started to boot it just went back samsung. I pulled battery booted in cwm and flashed the comavolt and it worked. How much under is the comavolt kernal?

sent from my super clean 2.9.2 voodoo fascinate

times_infinity did not specify how much he undervolted.. He modeled his after adrynalyne's undervolts - that being said - very agressive -50 to -100mv.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey Jaekar,
I've been spreading the word about the problems people are reporting with the imnuts kernels. Lots of FC and loss of root. Also you said earlier jt's kernels only worked with touchwiz launcher. I think actually what he said was they only work with a touchwiz based ROM, which superclean and darkrevenge are. So basically these kernels would not work with AOSP. I flashed jt's kernels with no problem.

Reactions: JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey Jaekar,
I've been spreading the word about the problems people are reporting with the imnuts kernels. Lots of FC and loss of root. Also you said earlier jt's kernels only worked with touchwiz launcher. I think actually what he said was they only work with a touchwiz based ROM, which superclean and darkrevenge are. So basically these kernels would not work with AOSP. I flashed jt's kernels with no problem.

Thanks for the catch man!.. Some days it does not pay to drink the coffee.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just flashed back to times infinity uv kernel....root is back

Strange that a kernel flash brings back root...I thought kernels have nothing to do with system stuff...I ain't smart enuff to figger that out

No boot sound ):

Hey at least this stuff don't do the bl and fc hell ... at least not for me

sorry jae for trashing up ur thread

Reactions: JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just flashed back to times infinity uv kernel....root is back

Strange that a kernel flash brings back root...I thought kernels have nothing to do with system stuff...I ain't smart enuff to figger that out

No boot sound ):

Hey at least this stuff don't do the bl and fc hell ... at least not for me

sorry jae for trashing up ur thread

Not a chance!!! Do not apologize! This is exactly what we need to see. We would have not known about how screwy things got unless you were communicating directly with all of us..

Please continue to offer feedback!

Edit (Update): imnuts is updating his kernels - has a line on a fix and will put up new kernels in a couple of hours. This is the adventure that we signed on for!

Last edited:
Reactions: davey11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC