[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
OK...I wanted to flash the FROYO radio, so I took the steps to put my phone BACK to DL09 so I could load the new radio, and NOW I can not get my computer to recognize my phone?? I tried reinstalling drivers but still wont recognize it??? Any suggestions??? As we stand, I am now unrooted, running EA28.

Please help!!

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
OK...I wanted to flash the FROYO radio, so I took the steps to put my phone BACK to DL09 so I could load the new radio, and NOW I can not get my computer to recognize my phone?? I tried reinstalling drivers but still wont recognize it??? Any suggestions??? As we stand, I am now unrooted, running EA28.

Please help!!

do you have usb debugging turned on?

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Please help!!

With EA28 you had to have USB debugging on for the computer to recognize it. After you get ED01 you'll have to disable it again. Which was a pleasant surprise for me.

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
do you have usb debugging turned on?

I do...still nothing...

With EA28 you had to have USB debugging on for the computer to recognize it. After you get ED01 you'll have to disable it again. Which was a pleasant surprise for me.

I had this checked and it still wouldnt recognize it...so I did the PAIN STAKING task of just doing the OTA 2.2 update...and now, at least, its recognizing it at work. Im thinking its something to do with the drivers on my home computer. Not sure...will find out soon.

Thanks for all the input tho....MUCH appreciated!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I do...still nothing...

I had this checked and it still wouldnt recognize it...so I did the PAIN STAKING task of just doing the OTA 2.2 update...and now, at least, its recognizing it at work. Im thinking its something to do with the drivers on my home computer. Not sure...will find out soon.

Thanks for all the input tho....MUCH appreciated!

Glad you got it to connect at at least one location.. that sounds a lot like driver issues, or a usb problem.

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it to connect at at least one location.. that sounds a lot like driver issues, or a usb problem.

The weird part was that is charges with the USB to my laptop but would/will not pop up the box for transfer or anything and even with the USB Debugging checked, its still not showing in my list of drives. So that leads me to believe drivers. Im going to work on it more this evening and see.

So, J...did you get the Community Rom worked out on your device? Is it working (the ROM, that is)? Thats what Im wanting to go to...but when I seen you were down, I immediately haulted my download. Let me know bro!!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So, J...did you get the Community Rom worked out on your device? Is it working (the ROM, that is)? Thats what Im wanting to go to...but when I seen you were down, I immediately haulted my download. Let me know bro!!

I got it worked out. I would be cautious of the Megadownload mirror - at least three posters on XDA suffered the same fate as I did.. FCLOH

I downloaded a corrupted file.. (actually two) the first I caught and deleted. The second was flashed to the phone. Caused some headaches and had to Odin back to EB01 two times to clear the issues. Once that was resolved - Community ROM on and running well. Working out a few bugs but nothing that is a deal killer.. it is the best ROM I have run on this phone..

I say do it..

dfa1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
J - I was told that you're the master with bootanimation and audible sounds, so here I am.

SETUP: Rooted - Voodoo-ed - (old pulled version) EC10SuperClean_292x_DXC.tar.md5.tar + ec01_radio.tar and all has been great up until now.

My problem is I've lost bootanimation and audible sounds while playing in Root Explorer (tried everything to revive, but no luck) and want to re-odin existing (pulled, but don't know why) EC10SuperClean_292x_DXC.tar.md5.tar. Will I lose my ec01 radio or CWM ? Of course I'm backed up for apps and the like and do realize I may be losing something along the way.

I've been advised to just flash over existing ROM w/Superclean 2.9.2 - (Full ROM) EA15/EB01/EB16 (EC10 Kernel) - Adrynalyne ... which looks like super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip. Would that be correct? I'm not sure I have updated EC10 Kernel with this pulled older SC 2.9.2 ROM from March 23.

Would this EC10 Kernel be current? If it is current, and I can flash SC.zip ROM, I now have another problem; CWM won't flash or install. I just tested flashing a bootanimation.zip and it just sits there installing nothing and battery pull is necessary...ugh.

I'm not ready for new community ROM yet, so this is my path for now.

FYI: I believe cwm-Recovery-ALL-3-30-FIX.tar installed

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
J - I was told that you're the master with bootanimation and audible sounds, so here I am.

SETUP: Rooted - Voodoo-ed - (old pulled version) EC10SuperClean_292x_DXC.tar.md5.tar + ec01_radio.tar and all has been great up until now.

My problem is I've lost bootanimation and audible sounds while playing in Root Explorer (tried everything to revive, but no luck) and want to re-odin existing (pulled, but don't know why) EC10SuperClean_292x_DXC.tar.md5.tar. Will I lose my ec01 radio or CWM ? Of course I'm backed up for apps and the like and do realize I may be losing something along the way.

I've been advised to just flash over existing ROM w/Superclean 2.9.2 - (Full ROM) EA15/EB01/EB16 (EC10 Kernel) - Adrynalyne ... which looks like super_frankenclean_2_9_2v.zip. Would that be correct? I'm not sure I have updated EC10 Kernel with this pulled older SC 2.9.2 ROM from March 23.

Would this EC10 Kernel be current? If it is current, and I can flash SC.zip ROM, I now have another problem; CWM won't flash or install. I just tested flashing a bootanimation.zip and it just sits there installing nothing and battery pull is necessary...ugh.

I'm not ready for new community ROM yet, so this is my path for now.

FYI: I believe cwm-Recovery-ALL-3-30-FIX.tar installed

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

It appears you have multiple issues.. The boot animations in the most recent releases do not have sounds (the kernels do not support the boot sound).. I can package a new boot animation that you can flash in CWM that will put the SuperClean boot animation back on your phone. The boot animation that you downloaded, and tried to flash is likely not set up for flashing and will lock up your phone..

You can flash the EC10SuperClean_292x_DXC.tar.md5.tar file and it will not affect the radio.. it will replace the kernel but if you already have the EC10 kernel that is not a problem..

A more simple solution is to download this flashable zip - Electric Purple Honeycomb and put it on your sdcard.. flash it and you will have the SC 2.9.2 boot back.. I just extracted it and put it in a scripted zip to install it.. presto.

As far as boot sound.. not gonna happen with the current set of kernels. Nothing since DL30 has afforded boot sounds.. a few glimpses of sound in the voodoo arena have faded.. and we are waiting.. Sorry.

Hope that works out well for you.

dfa1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
It appears you have multiple issues.. The boot animations in the most recent releases do not have sounds (the kernels do not support the boot sound).. I can package a new boot animation that you can flash in CWM that will put the SuperClean boot animation back on your phone. The boot animation that you downloaded, and tried to flash is likely not set up for flashing and will lock up your phone..

You can flash the EC10SuperClean_292x_DXC.tar.md5.tar file and it will not affect the radio.. it will replace the kernel but if you already have the EC10 kernel that is not a problem..

A more simple solution is to download this flashable zip - Electric Purple Honeycomb and put it on your sdcard.. flash it and you will have the SC 2.9.2 boot back.. I just extracted it and put it in a scripted zip to install it.. presto.

As far as boot sound.. not gonna happen with the current set of kernels. Nothing since DL30 has afforded boot sounds.. a few glimpses of sound in the voodoo arena have faded.. and we are waiting.. Sorry.

Hope that works out well for you.
Your knowledge and help is greatly appreciated as is Lanshark's. BUT, a flashable .zip anything at this stage won't work, as cwm won't accept any flash now. Just sits there and shows installing in stalled state...but no go. Battery pull.

Thank you for Honeycomb, but I have this. I've been successful with Root Explorer and copy and pasting from sdcard method into system/media with permission, but that didn't work this time, so I went the CWM flashing route only to find CWM may now be corupt.

Thanks again for your support...you guys are amazing with the time you put into this!!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Your knowledge and help is greatly appreciated as is Lanshark's. BUT, a flashable .zip anything at this stage won't work, as cwm won't accept any flash now. Just sits there and shows installing in stalled state...but no go. Battery pull.

Thank you for Honeycomb, but I have this. I've been successful with Root Explorer and copy and pasting from sdcard method into system/media with permission, but that didn't work this time, so I went the CWM flashing route only to find CWM may now be corupt.

Thanks again for your support...you guys are amazing with the time you put into this!!

The CWM issue is puzzling to me. How are you booting to CWM? Are you holding the volume up, volume down, and power buttons, or are you going through the menu from long press of the power button?

Reactions: JaeKar99

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

What you are describing is a "bootanimation.zip" file that as been flashed in CWM.. That will lock up CWM because it does not contain the META-INF directory and the install script needed for CWM to install the files properly. It pauses and will not go on.

Lack of that will not corrupt CWM.. My first thought is to reflash the 3-30 CWM fix via Odin and do the 'three finger salute' to boot into recovery and flash the boot you desire.

If I am off my mark I guess I need more information.

Thanks for the help Lanshark! -

Reactions: Landshark

dfa1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
What you are describing is a "bootanimation.zip" file that as been flashed in CWM.. That will lock up CWM because it does not contain the META-INF directory and the install script needed for CWM to install the files properly. It pauses and will not go on.

Lack of that will not corrupt CWM.. My first thought is to reflash the 3-30 CWM fix via Odin and do the 'three finger salute' to boot into recovery and flash the boot you desire.

If I am off my mark I guess I need more information.

Thanks for the help Lanshark! -
J - the bootanimation.zips I've tried do have
META-INF directory and I've been successful with Root Explorer. But since I couldn't get it w/Root, I decided to try w/CWM. Locked up.

The audible sounds I referred to are different issue. Not bootanimation sounds, but Audible Sounds (click feedback) when making selections. Not dial pad or ringtones etc.

I actually resorted to copy and paste a working "ui" folder into system/media other day and that worked. Now silence is back and nothing will fix it.

I've used power down recovery to CWM. I'll try 3 finger, but don't have confidence. Will let you know

Thx agian for follow up.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
J - the bootanimation.zips I've tried do have
META-INF directory and I've been successful with Root Explorer. But since I couldn't get it w/Root, I decided to try w/CWM. Locked up.

The audible sounds I referred to are different issue. Not bootanimation sounds, but Audible Sounds (click feedback) when making selections. Not dial pad or ringtones etc.

I actually resorted to copy and paste a working "ui" folder into system/media other day and that worked. Now silence is back and nothing will fix it.

I've used power down recovery to CWM. I'll try 3 finger, but don't have confidence. Will let you know

Thx agian for follow up.

I am beginning to believe that you may have deleted some files from your ROM that are necessary to produce the audio sounds. You will likely need to reflash your base ROM as you indicated above.. if you do choose to do that, the reflashing CWM should be just as easy as before.

Once you have your base ROM in place you can reflash the kernel of your choice. The worst case scenario is you will loose your user data if you choose to do a full wipe and install,, Make sure you have backed up your contacts (googe) and user apps with Titanium Backup.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
so what themes are you using with the new Comm rom?

Four of the top four on this link are designed for this ROM specifically.. listed in the title.. I helped gunnermike53 on both of his.. Alien and Blue Midnight

There will be many more.. stay tuned.

Last edited: