[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, I should have clarified in my post that I meant I had already switched to CWM 3.0, and I flashed MiuiWiz, and that's why I'm stuck at the Samsung boot screen. I'm in the process of flashing back to stock, OTA-ing the updates, flashing root/CWM to try it all over again.

EDIT: I think I know why it failed for me. I went to CWM to make sure lagfix was enabled, as instructed to, so I did that then booted. But, I did so in CWM 2.5.1, then flashed CWM 3.0, then flashed the rom, when I'm pretty sure I should have enabled lagfix AFTER flashing CWM 3.0

I could be wrong, but it's the only logical reason as to why it didn't work for me.

EDIT: Wow, 3rd time the OTA has failed on me. It's downloading again right now, but if it fails again can I just odin CWM 3.0, then MIUIWiz while on EA28?

EDIT: 4th OTA update failed. I odined CWM 2.5.x, flashed CommRom v1.3, in settings it said my baseband was still EA28, so I flashed EC01. Everything seems to be working ok now. Once my phone is charged, I will attempt to flash CWM 3.0, enable lagfix, boot up, then flash MIUIWiz.

Man! :p

Last edited:

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
2.2 Roms
[ED01] MIUIWiz - nitsuj17 - Updated: 5/18/11
This is a themed ROM.. Preview 1 - Preview 2 - Preview 3 | | Download and install directions -> Please seek link in developer name.

Ok...so I registered with XDA sight to comment on this ROM, but as everyone BUT ME probably knows, you cant post on their threads as a newbie!! Anywho...I tried flashing this ROM, but it kept saying flash aborted, (bad). I triple wiped and everything...simply just would not flash thru the zip. Anybody got any suggestions? Coming from CommRom stock, no theme or different kernel. :(

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, I should have clarified in my post that I meant I had already switched to CWM 3.0, and I flashed MiuiWiz, and that's why I'm stuck at the Samsung boot screen. I'm in the process of flashing back to stock, OTA-ing the updates, flashing root/CWM to try it all over again.

EDIT: I think I know why it failed for me. I went to CWM to make sure lagfix was enabled, as instructed to, so I did that then booted. But, I did so in CWM 2.5.1, then flashed CWM 3.0, then flashed the rom, when I'm pretty sure I should have enabled lagfix AFTER flashing CWM 3.0

I could be wrong, but it's the only logical reason as to why it didn't work for me.

EDIT: Wow, 3rd time the OTA has failed on me. It's downloading again right now, but if it fails again can I just odin CWM 3.0, then MIUIWiz while on EA28?

EDIT: 4th OTA update failed. I odined CWM 2.5.x, flashed CommRom v1.3, in settings it said my baseband was still EA28, so I flashed EC01. Everything seems to be working ok now. Once my phone is charged, I will attempt to flash CWM 3.0, enable lagfix, boot up, then flash MIUIWiz.

Man! :p

As Im sure you have already read thru the OP on XDA...there seems to be tons of this same issue. If you are wanting to get back to ED01, this link is BY FAR the easiest and quickest way, then try flashing again. I think Im gonna wait a little longer on trying this ROM. Im still not THAT comfy with how to fix issues or get out of loops or crashes just yet. CommRom is my safety net at this point!!

Hope this helps some!

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok...so I registered with XDA sight to comment on this ROM, but as everyone BUT ME probably knows, you cant post on their threads as a newbie!! Anywho...I tried flashing this ROM, but it kept saying flash aborted, (bad). I triple wiped and everything...simply just would not flash thru the zip. Anybody got any suggestions? Coming from CommRom stock, no theme or different kernel. :(

Read through his OP of his ROM, pretty sure you have to be on 3.x make sure u r on 3.x and than flash again. Or attempt to redownload if you r on 3.x. that should solve your problems

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Read through his OP of his ROM, pretty sure you have to be on 3.x make sure u r on 3.x and than flash again. Or attempt to redownload if you r on 3.x. that should solve your problems

Yeah, I have the edify CWM. I keep getting an error something like 'cant open (bad)', install aborted.

Ive wiped and rewiped...tried flashing several times...nothing. :(

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have the edify CWM. I keep getting an error something like 'cant open (bad)', install aborted.

Ive wiped and rewiped...tried flashing several times...nothing. :(

Ive been running on MIUIwiz for a good week now and liking it a lot.

Try to redownload the zip and see what happens when you try to flash it through CWM again.

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
redownload might just be bad download. Make sure to read the OP.

I am almost confident its a bad download. Its too "quick", if you know what I mean. I click download, and less than 3 secs, its done. Any mirrors out there that you know of? File size says 33KB on my end. That cant be right!?

EDIT: found a mirror and redownloaded. 187MB, so yeah, it was a bad download for sure!! GOING TO FLASH!! WISH ME LUCK!!

EDIT 2: does this come preinstalled with a decent kernel? or at least a compatible kernel period or will I need to flash one? The kernels is still where I am completely lost. Im getting a little more confident on the ROMs.

Last edited:

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I am almost confident its a bad download. Its too "quick", if you know what I mean. I click download, and less than 3 secs, its done. Any mirrors out there that you know of? File size says 33KB on my end. That cant be right!?

Redownload it again....your trying to download MIUIWIZ correct? here is a link to his multiupload there is a bunch of mirrors there http://www.multiupload.com/23O4LTDBH8 ....Read the OP here please...[ROM][5.18.2011][ED01] MIUIWiz (no its not aosp miui) - xda-developers the download is in the second post. Good luck. Let me know...btw its 187MB

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Redownload it again....your trying to download MIUIWIZ correct? here is a link to his multiupload there is a bunch of mirrors there Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! ....Read the OP here please...[ROM][5.18.2011][ED01] MIUIWiz (no its not aosp miui) - xda-developers the download is in the second post. Good luck. Let me know...btw its 187MB

BEFORE I do this...is this lagfix enabled, or do I have to disable first? I read the OP and didnt see anything stating either way?

EDIT: NEVERMIND...I reread the OP, and it PLAINLY states voodoo kernel included!! MY BAD GUYS!!

Last edited:

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
As Im sure you have already read thru the OP on XDA...there seems to be tons of this same issue. If you are wanting to get back to ED01, this link is BY FAR the easiest and quickest way, then try flashing again. I think Im gonna wait a little longer on trying this ROM. Im still not THAT comfy with how to fix issues or get out of loops or crashes just yet. CommRom is my safety net at this point!!

Hope this helps some!

Yes I was over at XDA, but couldn't post because I too am a newbie there lol.

Worked for me the second time around, and I'm glad it did because I'm really loving this rom. Not sure if when flashing to CWM 3.0 you have to manually enable lagfix, because the first time around it wasn't enabled, and I'd like to think that's why I had a faulty flash. Second time around I made sure it was enabled, booted, went back to CWM 3.0, triple wiped everything, then flashed the rom and it worked like a charm.

Anyone know how to delete extra screens? I had 5, now I magically have 6 and don't want that many.

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
So your up and running now? Im glad it worked for you! :)

YES SIR...Im up and going. Everything is loaded and working well. Installed the camera patch too. Now, to get use to this interface. Not too sure about it as of yet. ALOT DIFFERENT!! The 'no app tray' thing is what is going to be hard to get use too. But I guess thats what folders are for, huh!?!! :D

Thanks for the assist tho...it was driving me crazy!!

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
YES SIR...Im up and going. Everything is loaded and working well. Installed the camera patch too. Now, to get use to this interface. Not too sure about it as of yet. ALOT DIFFERENT!! The 'no app tray' thing is what is going to be hard to get use too. But I guess thats what folders are for, huh!?!! :D

Thanks for the assist tho...it was driving me crazy!!

Your Welcome glad to help man...:)

Reactions: shoestring789

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes I was over at XDA, but couldn't post because I too am a newbie there lol.

Worked for me the second time around, and I'm glad it did because I'm really loving this rom. Not sure if when flashing to CWM 3.0 you have to manually enable lagfix, because the first time around it wasn't enabled, and I'd like to think that's why I had a faulty flash. Second time around I made sure it was enabled, booted, went back to CWM 3.0, triple wiped everything, then flashed the rom and it worked like a charm.

Anyone know how to delete extra screens? I had 5, now I magically have 6 and don't want that many.

You have to remove any shortcuts from that screen to another one so it is empty and then tap home twice, which will show all screens. From there you can delete the screen/page.
I made 3 or 4 folders and dropped apps/icons in those to where I am only using 2 screens. Just thru trial and error, it has documented proof that if a shortcut to an app is on your desktop, it is using battery/memory. So, the less screens and icons that are out and about, the more battery you will have!!

Hope this helps!! This user interface is going to take some getting use to, for sure!

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
You have to remove any shortcuts from that screen to another one so it is empty and then tap home twice, which will show all screens. From there you can delete the screen/page.
I made 3 or 4 folders and dropped apps/icons in those to where I am only using 2 screens. Just thru trial and error, it has documented proof that if a shortcut to an app is on your desktop, it is using battery/memory. So, the less screens and icons that are out and about, the more battery you will have!!

Hope this helps!! This user interface is going to take some getting use to, for sure!

Omg it was driving me nuts! Thank you so much! The UI is definitely a lot different, but so far I'm really loving it. :D

The only fallback is I really like using my Launcherpro Plus widgets, and with the Miui launcher I can't use them :(

Last edited:

shoestring789

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I will say one thing about the new MIUI Rom...the battery life is AMAZING!! I have hammered down on my phone today (web, market, email, etc...) and normally by now, Im blinking red and its screaming at me for some juice...but first full day on this ROM and Im at 13.9 hours up time without charging and still have 34% left!!

Daa Da Da Da Daaaa...Im lovin' it!!!

stilltipin87

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I have also noticed improved battery life. The only bugs I encountered were with the Miui gallery when trying to switch wallpapers.

Sent from Samsung Fascinate using TapaTalk.

diver47591

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Bootanimation install trouble

In an effort to spare other noobs like myself a lot of grief, I will recount my experience with installing the Thumb Print Analyzer boot animation from this thread. After spending hours over the course of a few weeks trying to get the animation installed and working properly,and many trials and errors I for some reason long pressed on the bootanimation.zip file I installed at system/media and got a pop-up asking "Extract to sdcard?" I hit O.K. and then deleted the still zipped bootanimation.zip file, navigated to sdcard and copied the un-zipped file to the system/media file where it now appeared in its three separate parts. I then re-booted my phone and watched the bootanimation as it displayed perfectly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad