[How To][Links] Themes, ROMs, Kernels, Boot Animations: 9-16-11

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
In an effort to spare other noobs like myself a lot of grief, I will recount my experience with installing the Thumb Print Analyzer boot animation from this thread. After spending hours over the course of a few weeks trying to get the animation installed and working properly,and many trials and errors I for some reason long pressed on the bootanimation.zip file I installed at system/media and got a pop-up asking "Extract to sdcard?" I hit O.K. and then deleted the still zipped bootanimation.zip file, navigated to sdcard and copied the un-zipped file to the system/media file where it now appeared in its three separate parts. I then re-booted my phone and watched the bootanimation as it displayed perfectly.

I am glad you got it to work. It appears that the install script was either not putting the boot animation where it was supposed to or it was an old script that was aborting in the newer versions of CWM..

I have repacked the zip file in the new edify script and it should install in any CWM now..

As a cautionary note: Many of these boots are not being hosted by me or my file sharing service. I did not make them, pack them, or write the install scripting for some (many). I provide a link to the files and some are becoming outdated or may be designed to install on other phones..

If you encounter problems please let me know and I can help walk you through them.. Or I can repack and put it up for all to use.

Thanks, J

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
No that's for the charge for now lol. But thanks

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

WOW... My head is so disconnected from reality.. Sorry about that.. I have been on the road for three days and it was an automatic reaction.. I removed the link..

I really have to pay attention.. That is way cool tho. :cool:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey DX that looks like it will be an awesome end product. Thought you couldnt get a voodoo kernel to work through odin though?

i can get it to work if it doesnt wipe anything at all including cache but we onlyhave 1 build to worry about for now on the chage so i can use it without any major problems from people... on the fascinate there are two many variations of places to start from makes it hard to be universal

WOW... My head is so disconnected from reality.. Sorry about that.. I have been on the road for three days and it was an automatic reaction.. I removed the link..

I really have to pay attention.. That is way cool tho. :cool:

All good bro....i dont think LP will let it happen, they are telling me that i can not modify launcher pro if i use it in my rom

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Heads Up (imnuts) updated kernels:
ED01 Kernels - PeanutButta Jelly Time - imnuts - Updated:5/24/11 TWhiz Voodoo listed only- Links are currentlyTWhiz ONLY. - Updates CWM to 3.x - do not flash these kernels unless you understand what this means.
Links pulled due to recovery issues. - Please stand by.

Last edited:

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Heads Up (imnuts) updated kernels:
ED01 Kernels - PeanutButta Jelly Time - imnuts - Updated:5/24/11 TWhiz Voodoo listed only- Links are currentlyTWhiz ONLY. - Updates CWM to 3.x - do not flash these kernels unless you understand what this means.
Links pulled due to recovery issues. - Please stand by.

Wtb ComaVolt update, best kernel for me so far

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I have yet to see times_infinity update his kernels. I have been pleased with ComaVolt as well.. It worked the best before I latched onto OTB 1.3..

I tried 1.3 & 1.4 and I get better performance and battery life of ComaVolt still, I just always keep going back to it so I stick with it, but thays just my phone :)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried 1.3 & 1.4 and I get better performance and battery life of ComaVolt still, I just always keep going back to it so I stick with it, but thays just my phone :)

Not just your phone. I've always gotten some of my best results from ComaVolt

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Do any Com roms style the keyboard? The TSM in the middle is a bit distracting..maybe I'll get used to it.

If not, is there a way to create/style your own keyboard? maybe I could work on something a little more subtle and stylish for the next rom.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I just switched to the new Evil Fascination v3.6.0 ROM and I'm getting force closed email. Does anyone have a fix for this?

If it is Gmail - you can go into settings - applications - find gmail and clear data..

If it is a standalone email - I am uncertain but will check for possible fixes.

Reactions: GalaxyNole

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Flashable modems... Please read the entire post and make sure you understand what you need to do to flash each of the modemdelta files before.. you flash them..

Link

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech