[How To] First time ╰╮╰╮ROOTING╰╮╰╮ walk-through 4/28/11

SirValtam

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
FYI I am a noob at this (as if you couldn't tell lol) I am still researching and gathering needed info and programs. I have a very slow internet connection at home. I work 7days a week right now so doing little research here and there and trying to keep track of all the info is hard for me. I need a day to study and let it all sink in. But love all the info on this site. Mad Thanks to you and others here for you time and knowledge. I need to get ready for work as I am typing this lol but will try and get on after work tonight. Maybe if your on then we can have you root my phone for me. Thanks for you Time and Support.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
FYI I am a noob at this (as if you couldn't tell lol) I am still researching and gathering needed info and programs. I have a very slow internet connection at home. I work 7days a week right now so doing little research here and there and trying to keep track of all the info is hard for me. I need a day to study and let it all sink in. But love all the info on this site. Mad Thanks to you and others here for you time and knowledge. I need to get ready for work as I am typing this lol but will try and get on after work tonight. Maybe if your on then we can have you root my phone for me. Thanks for you Time and Support.

Very Welcome, please feel free to ask any questions we are very noob friendly. I should be around in the evening since i work at night, im usually available(Just dont tell my boss :) ).

dablitzkrieg

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the abs all set, but now when i click on start root, the files do not all push and the cmd screen closes very quickly. All I can make out is "Find is not recognized......." and then I cant see what else it says. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I finally got the abs all set, but now when i click on start root, the files do not all push and the cmd screen closes very quickly. All I can make out is "Find is not recognized......." and then I cant see what else it says. Has anyone encountered this issue before?

If one click doesn't work click through to the master thread that I linked, and go ahead and try option 2, or option 3.

sharvis14

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Ok I just needed to reboot the phone root is working as well as bluetooth. I have not flashed anything yet. Are these the only steps i would need to follow to get Froyo 2.2.

To install Odin packages on your device
1. First you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip, download here Update.zip

Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need a Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of odin.

Download your flavor of Froyo Below

Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod
EB01_DXC.tar

Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod
EB01DB_DXC.tar

3.) You will need to download Odin application tool found here ODIN or ODIN mirror
4.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
5.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
6.) Remove battery from phone.
7.) Launch ODIN on PC.
8.) Plug USB cable into phone.
9.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
10.) Press and hold the volume-down key until you see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode.(Please see 2nd picture in post #3)You can now release the volume key. At this point you will see a yellow com port in the upper left hand corner of the Odin applicate. .(Please see 3rd picture in post #3)

11.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.

12.) Choose the .tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button.(this should take approx 3 to 6mins)
13.) Phone will power down when finished.
14.) Remove USB cable.
15.) Reinsert battery.
16.) Power phone and wait to boot approx 4mins

Also would I need to backup data and then wipe before this initial process.
THANKS

Bittrblue

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello and thank you for this excellent guide. Now everytime I try to down load the first file facinate root, my computer tells me the file has a virus and prompts me to stop the down load