Fascinate not recognized in windows explorer OR odin

Robison22

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys im having a really hard time right now & i think i may have bricked the phone (sch-i500 fascinate). I was flashing the froyo eb01 modem with odin and all of a sudden it said fail and my computer said the usb port has malfunctioned. I can get into download mode but the computer still has the "malfunctioned" message and its still not being recognized. Is there any way i can fix this before taking it back to verizon and possibly having to pay for it? Thanks in advance.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys im having a really hard time right now & i think i may have bricked the phone (sch-i500 fascinate). I was flashing the froyo eb01 modem with odin and all of a sudden it said fail and my computer said the usb port has malfunctioned. I can get into download mode but the computer still has the "malfunctioned" message and its still not being recognized. Is there any way i can fix this before taking it back to verizon and possibly having to pay for it? Thanks in advance.

Quick question. Have you tried a different port?

Also, battery is out, correct?

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
are u using the usb cable that came with the phone?

are you using correct and updated Samsung drivers?

Swyped by my FASN8.EC10_superFRANKENclean2.9.1 voodoo via Tapatalk

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
can you connect pc to phone with adb and thus verify connection?

is there another pc you can try it on?

try re-downloading the modem.

Ytaay

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
@ytaay

how do you connect with adb? & yes I've tried connecting it to another computer but i get the same results

my thinking with adb is to verify your device is properly connected.

if you're not familiar with adb, ***EDIT***: see DroidXcon's (DXC :)) post immediately following this one for a link to his well written and easy to understand post re: adb.

if you're so inclined, and set up adb, then you would use the following command via adb:

adb devices​

If you are connected you will get this response: "List of devices attached I500******* device"

If you dont see this you are NOT connected.

if you're not properly connected then the problem could be the cable, your pc usb port or the device itself.

if you are able to verify connection then based on the fact that you can repeat the error conditions on another pc, the next most likely suspect is the cable. i would then look at ruling out the cable by trying it with a replacement.

:p

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay