HELP! Downloaded Battery Icon Mod app and now cant boot!!

bridog555

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Need help!....I have a Samsung Fascinate rooted 2.2 EB01 running ADW...I download an app called Battery Icon Mod by beansoft. After installing it rebooted and i get the Samung, and Verizon bootscreens, but the screen goes black after...The buttons are lit up and the phone vibrates when the power button is pushed....is it a brick now? Someone please HEEELLLLPP!!!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Need help!....I have a Samsung Fascinate rooted 2.2 EB01 running ADW...I download an app called Battery Icon Mod by beansoft. After installing it rebooted and i get the Samung, and Verizon bootscreens, but the screen goes black after...The buttons are lit up and the phone vibrates when the power button is pushed....is it a brick now? Someone please HEEELLLLPP!!!

You needed to read the full description of the app. I just found it in the market, and there are warnings all over the description that the app is ONLY for *Rooted* Samsung International Galaxy S (GT-i9000), our Fascinate is the SCH-I500, not the GT-i9000. There is also a warning that the app is not for variants like Vibrant, Captivate, Epic, etc. The Fascinate would fall into that etc. category. You are in the force close loop of hell (FCLOH) because you downloaded something meant for another phone onto your phone. You will need to ODIN back to a stock state to wipe clean, then come back to whatever ROM you were running before. Flash this file Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites! through ODIN, then follow the instructions here http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-24-a.html to use one of DroidXcon's all-in-one ODIN packages to get back to a rooted EB01 ROM.

Reactions: bridog555

bridog555

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
can u walk me through it...it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! start with ODIN back to stock...i have ODIN open now and am awaiting further instruction...

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
can u walk me through it...it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Go to the instructions in the first post of this thread http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-24-a.html. If you already have ODIN on your computer, start at #4, if you don't have ODIN, start at #3. When you get to step #12, use the file I linked you to earlier. Just follow the instructions. There are even screenshot visual aids in post #3. Ignore what is in post #2 as you will not need them for this file.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
can u walk me through it...it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! start with ODIN back to stock...i have ODIN open now and am awaiting further instruction...

My directions in the thread are pretty straight forward, there is even a set of directions with pictures in the there... what part of the directions are you stuck on ?

Reactions: bridog555

Sebzki

May 11, 2011
Visit site
this happened to me too! i have an lg optimus v from virgin running android software 2.2.1 stock rom rooted

how can i fix this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay