So I've been going through many SC Roms(SC 2.2 all the way to 2.9.2) and I've had one underlying issue that's yet to be resolved.

Every time I reboot the phone or power down the phone and start again, I lose my contacts, phone leaves silent mode, audible touch tones come back with haptic feedback and my pin mumber lockscreen is also lost and replaced with the standard "sweep glass to unlock" screen. Each time, I have to put back everything(contacts, settings, lockscreen) the way it was before reboot and continue. I've been avoiding this issue by making sure I never have to reboot unless I'm putting on a new ROM.

I've also never been able to install a theme because I go into an endless boot loop with mutliple vibrations(FC noises) throughout and have to end up removing the battery and reflashing a ROM. - So I've always wanted a theme but was unable to do so.

I've gone through the posts and made sure I wipe data, clear partition, do the dalvik wipe and make sure my automatic backup is not turned on, got rid of titanium backup etc.

I've beginning to think that the two issues above may be related. Is the ROM not sticking well on my phone? I use ODIN to flash ROMs and CWM to flash themes. I don't have "CWM All" because then I won't be able to use DXC's Odin files then. My phone automatically goes to CWM Red though.

I hope there is someone else out there with a potential solution to these issues. I am willing to try anything so please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    03-26-2011 10:21 AM
    So I've been going through many SC Roms(SC 2.2 all the way to 2.9.2) and I've had one underlying issue that's yet to be resolved.

Every time I reboot the phone or power down the phone and start again, I lose my contacts, phone leaves silent mode, audible touch tones come back with haptic feedback and my pin mumber lockscreen is also lost and replaced with the standard "sweep glass to unlock" screen. Each time, I have to put back everything(contacts, settings, lockscreen) the way it was before reboot and continue. I've been avoiding this issue by making sure I never have to reboot unless I'm putting on a new ROM.

I've also never been able to install a theme because I go into an endless boot loop with mutliple vibrations(FC noises) throughout and have to end up removing the battery and reflashing a ROM. - So I've always wanted a theme but was unable to do so.

I've gone through the posts and made sure I wipe data, clear partition, do the dalvik wipe and make sure my automatic backup is not turned on, got rid of titanium backup etc.

I've beginning to think that the two issues above may be related. Is the ROM not sticking well on my phone? I use ODIN to flash ROMs and CWM to flash themes. I don't have "CWM All" because then I won't be able to use DXC's Odin files then. My phone automatically goes to CWM Red though.

I hope there is someone else out there with a potential solution to these issues. I am willing to try anything so please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
    First off, if you are booting directly to red and you do not see the bitmap error messages in white toward the bottom of the screen, that is CWM-ALL, and there is no issue with having that and using DroidXcon's ODIN packages. You will just need to flash CWM-ALL after using one of DroidXcon's ODIN packages and you will be good to go.

For the other problem, sound like a permissions issue. If you don't already have it, download Android Terminal Emulator from the market, click on the blue texted link in my signature to go to DroidXcon's clockworkmod thread, and follow the instructions in post #7 for fixing permissions.
    jabibister likes this.
    03-26-2011 10:51 AM
    Landshark to the rescue!!

The CWM im using has a white message that says "CWM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x. Maybe I need to flash CWM-all - I was told that if I use CWM all, then I can't use DXC's ODDIN packages anymore.

I'm going to look into that permissions issue.

Thanks a lot Landshark - i'll let you know what happens!
    03-26-2011 11:09 AM
    Landshark to the rescue!!

The CWM im using has a white message that says "CWM Voodoo Lagfix Recovery v2.5.1.x. Maybe I need to flash CWM-all - I was told that if I use CWM all, then I can't use DXC's ODDIN packages anymore.

I'm going to look into that permissions issue.

Thanks a lot Landshark - i'll let you know what happens!
    Great. Hopefully it works and definitely let us know. Especially if it doesn't work so we can find the solution.

Definitely flash cwm-all, it is more stable than the other (cwm-froyo.) DroidXcon is not able to package cwm-all into ODIN, so if you continue to use his packages, you will simply need to flash the cwm-all file through ODIN each time. It only takes 7 seconds, so just a minor inconvenience to have the current, correct, working cwm.

Good luck.
    03-26-2011 11:21 AM
    Great. Hopefully it works and definitely let us know. Especially if it doesn't work so we can find the solution.

Definitely flash cwm-all, it is more stable than the other (cwm-froyo.) DroidXcon is not able to package cwm-all into ODIN, so if you continue to use his packages, you will simply need to flash the cwm-all file through ODIN each time. It only takes 7 seconds, so just a minor inconvenience to have the current, correct, working cwm.

Good luck.
    I got CWM-All and fixed permissions - When I reboot, I still lose the settings mentioned earlier and 20 of my contacts remain - which is really weird. - Before I used to lose all of them - So the permissions may have fixed something, but not fully. I still can't install themes.
    03-26-2011 09:25 PM
    I got CWM-All and fixed permissions - When I reboot, I still lose the settings mentioned earlier and 20 of my contacts remain - which is really weird. - Before I used to lose all of them - So the permissions may have fixed something, but not fully. I still can't install themes.
    Are you currently running sc 2.9? Can you do me a favor? Go menu=>settings=>about phone, and let me know what it says for each of these?

Firmware version
    Baseband version
    Kernel version
    Build number

Thanks
    03-26-2011 09:31 PM
    Firmware: 2.2.1
    Baseband: S:i500.04V.EB01
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9
    Build: SCH-I500.EB01

I looked at your post http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...d-backups.html and I could relate to the nandroid backup as well. It's never worked for me. I've never had a theme, but I would back up with all my apps, contacts etc and when I restore, it would bring me back to the state that I mentioned earlier where I would have no contacts, haptic feedback on, audible tones on, etc.
    03-26-2011 09:37 PM
    I am running SC 2.9.2 non voodoo
    03-26-2011 09:38 PM
    That's about the weirdest thing I've seen so far. It actually sounds like you've got a bad wipe command lingering in your system somewhere? I'm at a total loss so I'll point you at the most thorough way I know of to clear out odd bugs like that.

Adrynalynes EB01 nuclear fix all
    jabibister likes this.
    03-26-2011 09:50 PM
    That's about the weirdest thing I've seen so far. It actually sounds like you've got a bad wipe command lingering in your system somewhere? I'm at a total loss so I'll point you at the most thorough way I know of to clear out odd bugs like that.

Adrynalynes EB01 nuclear fix all
    Thanks Sheep. That was probably going to be my last step in the process, but I could see we were already heading that way.
    03-26-2011 09:55 PM
    Have you ever done a factory reset? When I first flashed from 2.1 to 2.2 my settings wouldn't stick after a reboot. Factory reset and a ref lash fixed the issue for me
    03-27-2011 12:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD