I'm trying to use ROM Manager to flash a new ROM to my Verizon Fascinate.

The phone is rooted and the RM program appears to be backing up my current ROM but doesn't appear to flash any new ROM's to my phone.

It gets to the checksum ( I think that's the phrase) part and then quickly goes through some text so fast I can't read it and dumps out.

It appears to show the Android error icon, similar to the can't validate drive e: error message that I was previously getting.

Is there a log file within ROM Manager that will help me understand what's going on?

thanks
    03-28-2011 12:05 AM
    I'm trying to use ROM Manager to flash a new ROM to my Verizon Fascinate.

The phone is rooted and the RM program appears to be backing up my current ROM but doesn't appear to flash any new ROM's to my phone.

It gets to the checksum ( I think that's the phrase) part and then quickly goes through some text so fast I can't read it and dumps out.

It appears to show the Android error icon, similar to the can't validate drive e: error message that I was previously getting.

Is there a log file within ROM Manager that will help me understand what's going on?

thanks
    rom manager does not currently work for the Fascinate. You cannot do any flashing of files, or flashing of clockwork mod recovery, or creating a backup, or anything. If you flashed clockworkmod recovery in rom manager, you now have a clockworkmod recovery that you cannot use to flash any ROMs, themes, kernels, patches, or mods onto your fascinate? What were you trying to flash? We can get you the best method for doing that, but completely ignore rom manager for now.
    Badger51 likes this.
    03-28-2011 12:16 AM
    OK, that explains that !

I did flash SuperClean EB01 using ODIN...but I've developed some problems with battery staying power.

I wanted to experiment with a few other ROM's to see if they helped.

Appreciate any help or guidance you can offer.

Thanks
    03-28-2011 12:22 AM
    OK, that explains that !

I did flash SuperClean EB01 using ODIN...but I've developed some problems with battery staying power.

I wanted to experiment with a few other ROM's to see if they helped.

Appreciate any help or guidance you can offer.

Thanks
    Which superclean did you flash in ODIN? What other ROMs were you looking to experiment with?
    03-28-2011 12:26 AM
    file:///C:/Users/Babylon/Downloads/super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv.zip

I didn't have a particular ROM in mind, just wanted to experiment to cure my battery problem. However, I've also seen references to the need to reset the battery stats, so that may be the real problem
    03-28-2011 12:29 AM
    file:///C:/Users/Babylon/Downloads/super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv.zip

I didn't have a particular ROM in mind, just wanted to experiment to cure my battery problem. However, I've also seen references to the need to reset the battery stats, so that may be the real problem
    Well you can do that too, but the wonderful developers just released a new undervolted kernel to us that so far has given me tremendous battery life. After flashing this new kernel, I pulled my phone off charger at 100%, and 2 and 1/2 hours later I was still at 97%
    03-28-2011 12:31 AM
    Definitely interested in that... where can I find it?
    03-28-2011 12:44 AM
    Definitely interested in that... where can I find it?
    The newest one is from our savior Adrynalyne:
    kernel_update.zip

It is a voodoo kernel, but Adrynalyne said nonvoodoo people can use it. Before you flash it, you need to do a couple of things:

1) Flash this CWM-ALL file in ODIN. Do not extract or unzip the file, place it in the PDA section of ODIN as is.

2) Put battery back in, reboot phone. Connect phone to computer with usb cable while usb debugging is enabled. Mount sd card, download a basic file like the EC10 nonvoodoo kernel from this thread:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...0-kernels.html

3) Turn off usb storage by clicking gray bar on phone.

4) Hold down power button for about 2 seconds until menu pops up and click on recovery.

5) Follow the visual aid instructions in DroidXcon's clockworkmod thread to flash the kernel zip file and reboot phone:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/veri...-captures.html

6) Come back here after that and I'll get you the rest of the way.
    Badger51 likes this.
    03-28-2011 01:01 AM
    I'll work on this tonight....thanks for all your help !
    03-28-2011 08:55 AM
    Ran into a glitch somewhere..

I used ODIN to flash the CWM-all file, and then the EC10 kernel you suggested.

Something worked initially, I have an android splash screen that loads after the Samsung screen...

However, when the phone booted it didn't appear to have a launch program.

I went back to square one, reinstalled the CWM file...

However, when I attempt to flash the EC10 kernel I get an error message...

The phone is now stuck on the android screen and won't finish rebooting.

Any suggestions would be welcome...
    03-28-2011 04:31 PM
    Never mind...All is well !!

Third time a charm I guess...I repeated the steps and everything is working fine.

I think somehow the Clockwork files got messed up the second time...

I noticed SC 2.9.2 at the top of the notification window, when pulled down..

Does that refer to a version number of something?

thanks many times...I'll let you know how my battery holds up...
    03-28-2011 06:25 PM

SuperClean version 2.9.2
    Badger51 likes this.
    03-28-2011 06:27 PM
    Never mind...All is well !!

Third time a charm I guess...I repeated the steps and everything is working fine.

I think somehow the Clockwork files got messed up the second time...

Does that refer to a version number of something?

thanks many times...I'll let you know how my battery holds up...
    So you are done with the steps from my previous post? Ready to finish up? I know it seems like a lot of steps, but it was necessary to do things in a certain order to avoid ending up in force close hell.
    03-28-2011 07:07 PM
    Landshark,

Yes, I'm ready for the next step...
    03-28-2011 07:35 PM
    Landshark,

Yes, I'm ready for the next step...
    Ok, so at this point you are running sc 2.9.2, you should now have cwm-all and boot directly to red cwm-all, and you have the EC10 nonvoodoo kernel installed. Go to Adrynalyne's superclean thread
    Superclean Thread Here
    and download the EC10 source build kernel. The link for the download is right below the screenshots after you see this: Changelog:

Download that and put it on your sd card the same way you did the other EC10 kernel. Boot to red cwm, install zip from sd card and install this kernel the same way you did the other one. Hit the menu soft key until you are back at the main red cwm menu where reboot system now will be highlighted, but don't reboot yet. Scroll down to voodoo, hit the power button, then scroll to disable lag fix, hit the power button. When the script on the page changes, hit the menu soft key once, then hit the power button to reboot. Should be good to go and you will hopefully enjoy better battery life.

Sorry I made you go through the extra steps. I did not know until I read one of Gunnermike53's posts you could just do the disable lag fix like that. Adrynalyne's instructions said to create a folder in the voodoo folder called disable_lag fix. I was pretty sure the voodoo folder was not created until you flashed something with cwm, so that's why I had you flash the EC10 nonvoodoo kernel first, to create that folder. But now reading Gunner's post we could have skipped that part and had you download the new kernel right away. Sorry.
    03-28-2011 07:48 PM
    Also a side note to anyone who reads this or any of my other posts giving people guidance. You may be reading them and think to yourself, "why doesn't he just provide a link to the kernel instead of a link to Adrynalyne's thread?" Well this is all supposed to be a learning process, and part of that learning process is teaching everyone how to navigate through and find things in the forums. The more you navigate through the forums and find things on your own, the better and less like a newbie you will feel. And you will get more out of the forums because you will find things you wouldn't have found by being directed to a specific spot. Explore the search button in the top right corner of the forum and try putting in different topics to see what comes up. You may find some really interesting tidbits. It's the whole bible thing, "Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day, teach them how to fish and you feed them for a lifetime." Enjoy everyone.
    03-28-2011 07:56 PM
    How are you doing on this Badger? Any problems?
    03-28-2011 11:09 PM
    Everything worked fine.
    I'll see how the battery holds up.
    thanks for checking in and all your help
    03-28-2011 11:48 PM
    Everything worked fine.
    You're welcome. That's what the forums at AC are for.
    03-28-2011 11:52 PM
    Everything worked fine.
    Also, may want to check out this battery thread HERE. After running the phone normally for a few days, try the steps in there. It will help calibrate your battery so your phone reads the correct battery charge level.
    03-28-2011 11:54 PM