Difference between the new EC10 Kernels from Source

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
SO i see we have three new kernals that are out. Can anyone further explain any difference between them. These are new but im trying to learn quickly what each means.

So right now i have the new EC10 source - Voodoo(lagfix+sound)+BLN+UV+Misc tweaks, by jt1134

but what about the other two that were just released:
EC10 OC UV Voodoo EnderstSpecial Froyo TouchWiz based, by nemesis2all
EC10 Source Built ComaVolt TouchWiz, by times_infinity

Im guessing they are touchwiz based, so i cant use on superclean correct?
I know what undervolting is and color. but how do i make full use of voodoo sound? and BLN?

which one is better? IYHO

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
the one by jt is slightly undervolted.

the one by nemisis2all is overclocked and undervolted

the one by times_infinity is even more undervolted but not overclocked

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
SO i see we have three new kernals that are out. Can anyone further explain any difference between them. These are new but im trying to learn quickly what each means.

So right now i have the new EC10 source - Voodoo(lagfix+sound)+BLN+UV+Misc tweaks, by jt1134

but what about the other two that were just released:
EC10 OC UV Voodoo EnderstSpecial Froyo TouchWiz based, by nemesis2all
EC10 Source Built ComaVolt TouchWiz, by times_infinity

Im guessing they are touchwiz based, so i cant use on superclean correct?
I know what undervolting is and color. but how do i make full use of voodoo sound? and BLN?

which one is better? IYHO

They can be used with SC just fine, runs great on mine.

To use the voodoo sound just download the voodoo sound app from the market. Same for BLN, just download the app from the market

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
the one by jt is slightly undervolted.

the one by nemisis2all is overclocked and undervolted

the one by times_infinity is even more undervolted but not overclocked

Witch one of those would say to use im on 2.9.2 voodoo so I could use any of them right.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Witch one of those would say to use im on 2.9.2 voodoo so I could use any of them right.

I would recommend the one Adry has in his post HERE

Scroll down about halfway through the first post. But really any will work, so it's up to you. Adry just does amazing work for us, and I both like and trust his work the most.

Reactions: ccannon917

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
A simple but complex question: What does undervolted mean to me?

Our CPU is set to run at 1.0gHz at a certain factory set voltage. 1200? 1250 milamps I believe although I'm not certain. Undervolting the CPU keeps the clock speed the same but lowers the voltage so it uses less power to achieve the same clock speeds. Basically better battery life, equal or better performance.

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I would recommend the one Adry has in his post HERE

Scroll down about halfway through the first post. But really any will work, so it's up to you. Adry just does amazing work for us, and I both like and trust his work the most.

I cant use it i have tryed all day long to get it to work but it force closes evey time. I have done everything i can think of and its crazy it will start force closing when i plug it in to charge. so i was thinking about using the (OC UV) one think it will work ok??

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I cant use it i have tryed all day long to get it to work but it force closes evey time. I have done everything i can think of and its crazy it will start force closing when i plug it in to charge. so i was thinking about using the (OC UV) one think it will work ok??

if your non-voodoo, did you make sure to create the disable_lagfix folder inside your voodoo folder, before you installed the kernal?

Reactions: Landshark

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site

if your non-voodoo, did you make sure to create the disable_lagfix folder inside your voodoo folder, before you installed the kernal?

Im voodoo so don't know what the reason is.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Wipe Cache, Dalvik

I do each 2-3 times before I flash anything just in case

Then go into the voodoo directory and click enable lagfix

Reboot

Let me know if that works

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Im on 2.9.2 sc I just downloaded jts kernel from xda the 327.2 and its working good so don't know y the other wont work.

Sounds like a corrupted file (bad download)

Try downloading it again and flashing it again and see if it works.

Also, try not to post the same problems in 2 different threads ;)

Heath276

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a corrupted file (bad download)

Try downloading it again and flashing it again and see if it works.

Also, try not to post the same problems in 2 different threads ;)

Yea done that to I downloaded 3 times and all no go so don't know what's up and lol sorry I wasn't to be in to I was asking what other kernel would be the best for me to use and it took off from there.

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Lol no worries, you'll just end up getting different answers and it gets confusing

I tried jt's kernel and it was awesome, and I'm not real sure what's going on with your phone and Adry's because his is amazing. You could always do a backup and start from stock, see if that would work, it's prolly the best bet.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the one by times infinity and all good. Batt seems better in the 2 hrs I been on it. There were some reports of lockups. Seems every phone is different when oc and undervolting.

Sent from my voOdoO/froyo fascinate with Tapatalk ;-)

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Can we flash the tw kernals on superclean

sent from my super clean 2.9.2 voodoo fascinate

You should be able to flash any of the kernels on superclean. jt1134's original source kernels say TW and I flashed them with no problem over sc 2.9.2 voodoo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad