Touch screen driving me crazy!! I had to post!

icanectc

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Okay I never had any problems with the keyboard with stock ROM and stuff. But since I have been using Superclean since about 2.1 ish right now I am on 2.9.1 and none of the updates have fixed my issues.

Quite simply the keyboard either swype android or the samsung keyboard won't work when I touch it. I have to repeatedly hit the keys for the system to register my finger and its driving me crazy. Is this just an issue with me, I haven't seen any other posts about it. I have done the wipe of cache delvik cache before doing the updates. Have never had a force close issue and everything else works great. Oddly the touchscreen works for everywhere else, icons etc. It never misses a beat. It's just the keyboards.

Does anyone have any idea! Its getting to the point that I may need to revert back to stock just so I have a working keyboard.

as for stuff installed I have not added anything new since 2.1 except for lookout app. But I have uninstalled that to no avail. I have no other mods except SuperClean. Its all pretty standard otherwise.

Thanks for the help!

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay I never had any problems with the keyboard with stock ROM and stuff. But since I have been using Superclean since about 2.1 ish right now I am on 2.9.1 and none of the updates have fixed my issues.

Quite simply the keyboard either swype android or the samsung keyboard won't work when I touch it. I have to repeatedly hit the keys for the system to register my finger and its driving me crazy. Is this just an issue with me, I haven't seen any other posts about it. I have done the wipe of cache delvik cache before doing the updates. Have never had a force close issue and everything else works great. Oddly the touchscreen works for everywhere else, icons etc. It never misses a beat. It's just the keyboards.

Does anyone have any idea! Its getting to the point that I may need to revert back to stock just so I have a working keyboard.

as for stuff installed I have not added anything new since 2.1 except for lookout app. But I have uninstalled that to no avail. I have no other mods except SuperClean. Its all pretty standard otherwise.

Thanks for the help!

Try a different keyboard. I use better keyboard 8

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, but sometimes the touch screen itself becomes unresponsive and I have to shut the screen off and unlock the phone again. I read from somewhere that this is a froyo bug on all galaxy s phones.

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Turn off your screen, and very aggresively wipe your whole hand across it, your not going to break it, but it does seem to work. I've had this problem for a while, and it does seem to fix it for a while, just swipe over where it doesnt work repeatedly.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I realized that I can reduce the problem greatly if I turn off auto rotate in launcher pro itself. Not the auto rotate in notification bar.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the help!

give this a try:

settings--applications---Manage Applications---Running---

Scroll down to Messaging and open it.

Clear the data and Force Close.. (This shouldn't delete your threads so agree to all warnings)

back out of everything (don't hit home key)

Re-open messaging and try again..

Last edited:

MolecularGraph

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Alright, fun change of pace, this time I'll be the one with an issue. Issue being that often times I go to turn off my screen, and it takes a screenshot even though I'm not holding the back button, its rather annoying and it seems the only fix is to do what I said earlier and mash the hell out of my capacitive buttons. If anyone has found a fix, it would be greatly appreciated.

icanectc

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
give this a try:

settings--applications---Manage Applications---Running---

Scroll down to Messaging and open it.

Clear the data and Force Close.. (This shouldn't delete your threads so agree to all warnings)

back out of everything (don't hit home key)

Re-open messaging and try again..

I will try and see if that works. P.S. trying an alternate keyboard doesn't help. Typically what i notice is a certain key wont be pressed I will say the L key so then I tap the a key that works I backspace that then the L starts working. But no matter hard or fast or soft or slow I mash the L key it won't go or anything near it. But ironically other touch screen functions work just fine if I want to change the keyboard quickly I still can, if i want to back out of the gtalk or txt msg I can. Its Just the keyboards. So odd...

krunkan

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Often times I go to turn off my screen, and it takes a screenshot even though I'm not holding the back button...
I started having this problem too just a couple of days ago, too. Never had it before, and I am on SC 2.9.2 but haven't flashed anything new since it came out.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I started having this problem too just a couple of days ago, too. Never had it before, and I am on SC 2.9.2 but haven't flashed anything new since it came out.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

my keyboard did the same..started to act a little funky...did the described above and it worked for me..

you might also check your running services in the settings--applications tab and make sure you don't have 10 zillion things going on..

if none of the above work try reflashing the ROM

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois