will set cpu work on fascinate?

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
came from a droid x, and still learning about the sammy... i know typically people voodoo to overclock, undervolt... can we use apps like set cpu? or are they not compatible ?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
came from a droid x, and still learning about the sammy... i know typically people voodoo to overclock, undervolt... can we use apps like set cpu? or are they not compatible ?

You can use set cpu to set certain governors, but overclocking is strongly discouraged for the Fascinate. You will get minimal, almost not noticeable performance gain with a highly disproportionate risk of cooking your processor.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

From personal experience:
If you set profiles and you attempt to underclock - you will get lock ups, and will power off when idle.. you will not know until you attempt to wake it and it will not wake up and you will have to power it back up.

The Fascinate does NOT like to be governed.. Over clocking will hammer the battery and will overheat the phone. No noticeable speed increase was noted. You will get much more performance from voodoo on a debloated ROM.. Spare transition settings in spare parts set to "fast" will give you the impression that things are faster also.

eibbed0001

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I tried the setCPU software with a personal profile and the phone began randomly locking up. I uninstalled setCPU and haven't had a problem like that since. I can't speak to what it did or didn't do to the battery, but that was my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol