My phone thinks it's tomorrow?

Raigne

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I apologize if this topic's been covered, but I did search and can't think of a way to word a more useful search string.

It is currently 11:47 p.m. March 30 on the east coast. My phone, which is set to automatically pull date and time data from Verizon, was telling me it was the 31st. Right time though. Before anyone asks, I do not own a delorean and/or flux capacitor. :p

A reboot fixed it. I just rooted it for the first time and loaded superclean 2.9.2 (got sick of waiting) along with a couple of the patches (call me a masochist, but I actually *like* touchwiz) on Saturday. The only other thing I've done since then is update the camera firmware earlier today. I guess that could have something to do with it, though how, I don't know.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how do I fix/prevent it without switching off the automatic carrier date data thing? As I mentioned, the phone is my alarm clock. It will be bad if it teleports itself to the future and back willy nilly, you know?

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I apologize if this topic's been covered, but I did search and can't think of a way to word a more useful search string.

It is currently 11:47 p.m. March 30 on the east coast. My phone, which is set to automatically pull date and time data from Verizon, was telling me it was the 31st. Right time though. Before anyone asks, I do not own a delorean and/or flux capacitor. :p

A reboot fixed it. I just rooted it for the first time and loaded superclean 2.9.2 (got sick of waiting) along with a couple of the patches (call me a masochist, but I actually *like* touchwiz) on Saturday. The only other thing I've done since then is update the camera firmware earlier today. I guess that could have something to do with it, though how, I don't know.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how do I fix/prevent it without switching off the automatic carrier date data thing? As I mentioned, the phone is my alarm clock. It will be bad if it teleports itself to the future and back willy nilly, you know?

First things first, if the alarm goes off tomorrow but at the right time would it matter if you just set an alarm for every day and set it before bed?

I would say it's just a clock hiccup, and I would have recommended a reboot. Some storage files take a reboot to catch up so I would imagine a patch could also cause it. Let us know if it rears it's ugly head again.

Raigne

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Let us know if it rears it's ugly head again.

Will do.

The alarm being wonky was how I noticed it at first, actually. The stock alarm clock for some reason will not let me set a one time alarm to go off again without defaulting to it occurring on the same day I made the alarm (i.e. I originally set it on a tuesday, so when I go to toggle it on so it goes off the next morning, it will instead be set to go off next tuesday), so I set it up as a weekly repeat on Tuesday and Thursday, and it was setting it for Tuesday next week. Because the phone thought Thursday had already come and was almost gone.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Will do.

The alarm being wonky was how I noticed it at first, actually. The stock alarm clock for some reason will not let me set a one time alarm to go off again without defaulting to it occurring on the same day I made the alarm (i.e. I originally set it on a tuesday, so when I go to toggle it on so it goes off the next morning, it will instead be set to go off next tuesday), so I set it up as a weekly repeat on Tuesday and Thursday, and it was setting it for Tuesday next week. Because the phone thought Thursday had already come and was almost gone.

AH! I've had that one before. I resorted to every day alarms programmed manually when I need them.

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I think the same thing happened to me. I'm near DC. JuicePlotter caught the event by plotting battery status for March 31 at 8:01 PM, which kind of messed it up - it predicted I had over 200 hours of battery life left at the current rate of discharge. I cleared its data and all seems well today.

Raigne

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I think the same thing happened to me. I'm near DC. JuicePlotter caught the event by plotting battery status for March 31 at 8:01 PM, which kind of messed it up - it predicted I had over 200 hours of battery life left at the current rate of discharge. I cleared its data and all seems well today.

What rom do you have installed on your phone? Did you add anything new yesterday? Change anything? Be nice if we could find out what caused it.

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
What rom do you have installed on your phone? Did you add anything new yesterday? Change anything? Be nice if we could find out what caused it.

SC 2.9.1 Voodoo. Haven't installed or changed anything in weeks, it just happened out of the blue. I think the network time from VZW might have burped, briefly.

Raigne

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I think the network time from VZW might have burped, briefly.

I thought of that, so I tried toggling automatic handling off and on again and when that didn't fix it I checked the other phones in the house. They reported the correct date.

You might want to try the old *228 option 1 and 2.

I am afraid I don't know what that means. :x

jack22182

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought of that, so I tried toggling automatic handling off and on again and when that didn't fix it I checked the other phones in the house. They reported the correct date.

For what it's worth, the only effect I noticed was the time warp in JuicePlotter. I never caught the phone in the act with a bad actual displayed time. I didn't even suspect a real time clock issue was the cause of the strange JuicePlotter issue until I saw this thread. If a network time burp is what caused it, the only mark it left was on my JuicePlotter plot.

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

I am afraid I don't know what that means. :x

Dial *228 on your phone to reset the phone with the towers. I read on another forum that fixed a clock issue. Its been reported lately that we should be doing that after flashing roms, kernels themes etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae