Random Safe Mode

comstriker

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
So there are a couple strange issues with my phone no one else seems to be having:

1. Phone will randomly be in safe mode (happens about once every couple of weeks). After reboot, all the widgets on my homescreens are gone and replaced by the message "Problem loading widget." I have to delete those messages and replace my widgets.

2. PDAnet randomly stops working on my phone (pc says something like "failed to open in offline mode" when I try to connect). Requires me to stop and start it on my phone.

3. Wireless tether has been awful and pretty much unusable. My pc will see the adhoc network, but continually drops the connection (I will get a minute or so of connectivity before it drops again)

4. Google voice search unable to search contacts (ie "Call <contact name>")

I'm running SC 2.9.2, and I've had these issues with every version of SC. (I've been using the Odin packages that do not wipe however). Any Ideas?

Thanks!

Suicide Shift

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like phone data corruption to me. I think you may want to start clean and fresh.

You should backup your data you need and either try DroidXcons odin packages that wipe data or wipe everything and go back to stock then flash the SC 2.x.x again.

You are experiencing things everyone has at one time or another however you are getting them all at once. I would start with a freshie and all should work great and be as stable as the rest of us are.

comstriker

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks i'm in the process of doing a fresh install of SC 2.9 now. First time booting into the phone, I get a FC message:

"Application Setup Wizard (in process com.android.settings) is not responding."

Not a good sign so far i'm guessing...

@killahamsammich I haven't tried the CWM solution yet. Noticed in the forum that the "fix_permissions" script isn't working correctly, but i'll still give it a shot next.

EDIT: I was actually able to just select "wait" on the FC message, and the setup continued

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech