Odin Fails, screen stuck, and no cwm

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
try using heimdall again with the DI01 package without the pit

I'm looking around for a DI01 package that isn't an md5 or tar... Right? It's pretty much just a zipped file that I gotta find that would be used in cwm usually to flash a rom.

On further thought, do you think it would be easier if we tried something with voodoo just because of that voodoo cluster4#(k I caused? If the file system is still formatted like that? Just something I was wondering about... Perhaps those pit files have helped us, but it still seems as though the kernel is where Odin gets hung up on and fails.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking around for a DI01 package that isn't an md5 or tar... Right? It's pretty much just a zipped file that I gotta find that would be used in cwm usually to flash a rom.

On further thought, do you think it would be easier if we tried something with voodoo just because of that voodoo cluster4#(k I caused? If the file system is still formatted like that? Just something I was wondering about... Perhaps those pit files have helped us, but it still seems as though the kernel is where Odin gets hung up on and fails.

just extract the .tar.md5 DI01 package with 7zip, thats what i had you download it for.

we got to this point because of voodoo, lets try to stay away from it

actinogen

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread...but I basically have the same problem as him, except that odin worked for me. When I turn on the phone it goes to:

Samsung Recovery Utils

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
(Invalid argument)
# Manual Mode #

From this step what can we do? I can also start my own thread if this is offending somehow. lol

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread...but I basically have the same problem as him, except that odin worked for me. When I turn on the phone it goes to:

Samsung Recovery Utils

(Invalid argument)
# Manual Mode #

From this step what can we do? I can also start my own thread if this is offending somehow. lol

try using the Odin pit file and release for EB01 , could be that it needs to be repartitioned because something was writting to the wrong spot

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
just extract the .tar.md5 DI01 package with 7zip, thats what i had you download it for.

we got to this point because of voodoo, lets try to stay away from it

Flash completed successfully on Heimdall. Started up the phone. SAMSUNG logo on screen, not moving anywhere.

Samsung Recovery Utils

(Invalid argument)
# Manual Mode #

I had that BS before my phone went super fubar.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Flash completed successfully on Heimdall. Started up the phone. SAMSUNG logo on screen, not moving anywhere.

I had that BS before my phone went super fubar.

ok now try again, reinstall drivers, if you have odin open, close it and reopen it,
pull the battery put it in download mode and try again with odin

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
ok now try again, reinstall drivers, if you have odin open, close it and reopen it,
pull the battery put it in download mode and try again with odin

The DI01 package failed us on Odin, man. Heimdall claims success, but I don't really notice anything. Odin claims failure, which is a bit more accurate.

Any other ideas?

actinogen

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to use heimdall, but even though I matched up the files correctly (except for param.lfs, primary bootloader and secondary boot loader, the start won't stop being grayed out.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to use heimdall, but even though I matched up the files correctly (except for param.lfs, primary bootloader and secondary boot loader, the start won't stop being grayed out.

did you install zadig drivers?

i would use odin until you have exhausted all Possibilities

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Odin it is. I tried to look for zadig drivers before I posted, the drivers for the phone I am using are the stock ones. You're talking about the windows driver I assume.

yeah if you are using heimdall, inside that folder there is a folder called drivers

actinogen

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok no matter what I do in odin, the phone goes back to the same screen. :/ Wish there would be an easy way to convert it back to the old file system. Is that the idea of these programs?

Also somehow I got into the Voo doo Lagfix Recovery menu. Is there anything I can do from here that can help me?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ok no matter what I do in odin, the phone goes back to the same screen. :/ Wish there would be an easy way to convert it back to the old file system. Is that the idea of these programs?

Also somehow I got into the Voo doo Lagfix Recovery menu. Is there anything I can do from here that can help me?

how does that happen if you are flashing stock files, it means your phone is not flashing at all,,,, do you have any roms on your card or any kernels?

actinogen

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I had Froyo Deodexed Eb01, not even superclean and the only kernel I ever tried to install was the Voodoo (the newest one and only one listed under froyo in their site)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781