(In need a dev) Removing emergency mode for me - 911 calls

akabaka4

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to get into details, but I recently almost lost my life. When I came to the decision that I had no more hope of being rescued by the emergency services I was speaking to on my Fascinate, I attempted to contact my mother in Washington, the last person I wished to speak to. I tried, but my phone was locked in emergency mode and I was unable to access my dialer. I thought, with profound hatred of emergency mode, along with my resentment of Verizon/Samsung software, that this would be the last, great, official "F U" to be thrown at my life.
So, this is a request to those who know how to do such things on this phone, to please, if possible, to provide a patch to remove that which I detest to my very core.
(Obviously I did not die, eventually emergency services did reach me.) I don't necessarily want the whole of emergency mode removed, but when I reached 911, it put me in a mode similar to the "car dock," with only the option of 5 buttons, plus the option to return to the 911 call screen. I don't recall what they we're, as I was more panicked than I ever thought possible. But I do heatedly remember my only option for GPS, as I struggled to tell them where I was, was Bing maps. Which I tried in vein to use, but it demanded I update it before being allowed to use it, while my battery was dwindling. Thus I was unable to tell them where I was (it probably wouldn't have worked either way, because I was on stock Eclair). I just want the emergency mode screen to be removed.
I don't know if testing the screen is possible because obviously you can't call 911 and tell them your trying to hack a phone.
Immediately after the experience, I found this community, and it has helped my phone functionality greatly, my three concerns have been removing emergency mode, functional GPS, and improved battery life. Two of which have been addressed, though the battery falls at about 13% an hour despite all efforts to thwart it's usual drain (every setting I can think of). Which is very much so distressing for given my experience, where I believed that the remainder of my phone battery life (my connection to the those who could save me), was equivalent to that of my own. This is not some sick story made up to pressure someone to develop this for me, I see no other reason anyone would want this done aside from what i explained.

Thank you developers, for not accepting things as the way they are.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
All cell phones lock on emergency mode when you call 911. It keeps the line free for them to call you back and allows them to locate your phone via E911 gps in the device.

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is an entirely legal request being that there are regulations in place that require phones to be able to call emergeny services no matter what (i.e. phone locked, etc) If you notice that no matter how you lock your phone you can still place an emergency call. Tampering with that set up may be a problem.

Reactions: akabaka4

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is an entirely legal request being that there are regulations in place that require phones to be able to call emergeny services no matter what (i.e. phone locked, etc) If you notice that no matter how you lock your phone you can still place an emergency call. Tampering with that set up may be a problem.

the regs require that for the maunfactuer and the provider. its your phone, you can do what ever you want to it. you could put it in the pie you stole from me and eat it if you wanted to. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae