(RE-BROKEN?)Phone actually broken?

purpleplatty

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been running SC 2.9.2, and tried JT's old kernel. Today I flashed JT's updated kernel and all was fine. Got home, pulled out my phone after dinner, and it won't wake up. Soft buttons still light up and it still makes noise, but no screen. So, I Odin'd EB01, more of the same...soft buttons light up, though I can't get a haptic feedback off the unlock slide (which I can't actually see) anymore. So, is my phone actually broken? Not just bricked? Kinda planning on flashing back to stock and visiting the VZ store tomorrow...

Thoughts? That is all.

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So, I've been running SC 2.9.2, and tried JT's old kernel. Today I flashed JT's updated kernel and all was fine. Got home, pulled out my phone after dinner, and it won't wake up. Soft buttons still light up and it still makes noise, but no screen. So, I Odin'd EB01, more of the same...soft buttons light up, though I can't get a haptic feedback off the unlock slide (which I can't actually see) anymore. So, is my phone actually broken? Not just bricked? Kinda planning on flashing back to stock and visiting the VZ store tomorrow...

Thoughts? That is all.

want me to try to fix that for you?

Reactions: purpleplatty

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks again for the help! Apparently the answer was a Heimdall flash plus a lucky reboot?

Welcome, but it was actually a combination of both Heimdall and odin. Heimdall usually more solid with repartitioning but it doesnt flash all the files, where as Odin flashes it all.

Glad you are back up

purpleplatty

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So I've re-broken my phone?

After getting back up and running Friday night, Saturday I flashed SC 2.9.2 and then this:

Changelog:

EC10 source built kernel. Uses jt's source, has bln/voodoo color/voodoo sound as expected. Is further undervolted than jt's. Voodoo only. For nonvoodoo add, a disable_lagfix file or folder to a Voodoo directory on your sdcard.
kernel_update.zip

All was well and I went about re-installing stuff. About 10-11 pm I hit the same problem, black screen that won't turn on even though the phone is waking from sleep and responding to input. I get annoyed, put it in my pocket and resign to re-wiping and flashing again. About 15 minutes later, I take it back out and it starts working again! And after 30 seconds of turning the screen on and off, it stops again.

So, I've since flashed EB01 via both Odin and Heimdall...and then DI01 via both as well. Still not working, but I can probably get it with another hour of messing around. However, I'm starting to think hardware problem. Thoughts?

ps...I've gotta head out for the next 2 hours or so, but I wanted to throw this out first =\ I'll be messing around when I'm back

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney