Flashing the correct radio?

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So I recently flashed Super Clean 2.92 non voodoo found here and am not able to send or receive text messages. I did some searching and found that I might have the wrong radio on the phone. First off how do I see which radio I have? With that being said does anyone know which radio I need? I have seen alot about the DL09 radio being necessary for this rom. So once I figure out which radio can I just flash via odin without wiping anything? Or do I have to go back to stock then re-root? Thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I recently flashed Super Clean 2.92 non voodoo found here and am not able to send or receive text messages. I did some searching and found that I might have the wrong radio on the phone. First off how do I see which radio I have? With that being said does anyone know which radio I need? I have seen alot about the DL09 radio being necessary for this rom. So once I figure out which radio can I just flash via odin without wiping anything? Or do I have to go back to stock then re-root? Thanks!

compatible radios include EA28, DL09 , or EB01. which is best is different in each case but yes DL09 is said to work the best

Reactions: dgwood12

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site

Go to settings---about phone---Baseband Version...Should end in EB01 or DL09.

EB01 or DL09 I know work fine, as I've used both.

Where did you flash from? Sc 2.x?

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I flashed from 2.1. So can I flash DL09 now without problems or do I need to wipe first?

Sent from my Droid Incredible

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks so much for everyone's help!

Your not doing this to your Droid Incredible are you?

If not, then you might edit your account here on AC to reflect your handset my man..

Obviously, DroidX is the resource on this, but to my knowledge if coming from 2.1 (Eclair), a complete data wipe is necessary, if not you can have bad force close loops.

You should check out his thread and read up if coming from 2.1..

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...tom-roms-w-root-clockwork-updated-3-25-a.html

Last edited:

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Haha. No. I am doing it to my girlfriends fascinate. I have a dinc. Another quick question. So I wanted to roll back to a previous nandroid backup and the phone seems to be stuck on the Samsung logo. I am not sure how long it typically takes to boot and pass the Samsung logo after nandroid restore. My dinc doesn't take this long after restore to boot. Maybe it's just on the fascinate? I restored from red cwm if that helps...

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
What ROM did you have on her phone before you flashed the 2.9.2nv? Did you have a theme installed?

There has been some problems with Nandroid backups with theme's installed.

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I wanted to flash her back to her backup before SC so she can text while I figure this radio studs out. It was just stock with root access. No themes or anything.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Did you check out Droid X's thread.. I would head over there with these questions..Don't want to steer you wrong here my friend, but to my knowledge, you might have to do a full wipe..but please ask over there, or read around on that thread first...

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Did you check out Droid X's thread.. I would head over there with these questions..Don't want to steer you wrong here my friend, but to my knowledge, you might have to do a full wipe..but please ask over there, or read around on that thread first...

Thanks

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So are you saying I will get force closes not wiping from 2.1 to SC? I did that. Now I just need to flash the DL09 radio. Can I do that without wiping? I am hoping so...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So are you saying I will get force closes not wiping from 2.1 to SC? I did that. Now I just need to flash the DL09 radio. Can I do that without wiping? I am hoping so...

if you are coming from any eclair build and you install any version of froyo you must wipe or you will get force close loop.. ....you can flash a modem at anytime without wiping anything and it will work fine, modems are completely seperate

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
if you are coming from any eclair build and you install any version of froyo you must wipe or you will get force close loop.. ....you can flash a modem at anytime without wiping anything and it will work fine, modems are completely seperate

Awesome. That's what I need to hear. I already did a full wipe before flashing super clean I just needed to flash the radio now to be able to text. So the DL09 radio will solve this then? Thanks for all your help guys. This is why AC forums are the best for all android needs :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. That's what I need to hear. I already did a full wipe before flashing super clean I just needed to flash the radio now to be able to text. So the DL09 radio will solve this then? Thanks for all your help guys. This is why AC forums are the best for all android needs :)

if that is the problem then yes it will fix it, the other possibility is that its the kernel, but if you flashed it through clockwork most likly the radio is the problem

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
if that is the problem then yes it will fix it, the other possibility is that its the kernel, but if you flashed it through clockwork most likly the radio is the problem

Booting up now after flashing. Crossing my fingers :)

dgwood12

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Yup. That fixed it. Thanks so much guys. I'm used to root stuff on my incredible so its great to have such experienced fascinate users that are willing to help. Thanks a million!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power