What radio is best on Froyo?

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed the EC01 radio via Odin onto my SuperClean 2.9.2 Facscinate. I just wanted to report back that things are working fine and though I didn't do alot of testing before hand. I am getting at least 300 or so more kbps that when I was on the EB01 radio.

I did a few tests with EB01 and stayed around 370kbps. With EC01 I am sticking around 650+kbps.

I don't know if it's just me but I thought I would throw this out there to let folks now that EC01 Radio works fine with 2.9.2, so if you have an itch to flash something but don't want to go back to a stock experience give it a try.

Can't wait for the SuperClean EC01 ROM!

Edit: Ok I went back and tested the EB01 Modem a little bit and it is definitely consistently slower than EC01, matching my initial results above. I think i'm gonna try out DL09 as bigjobber suggested and report that back as well.

Last edited:

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I still think dl09 is still the best modem/radio. Just my 2 cents

I have been debating giving it a try. Tried the EC01 when I was non-voodoo and it wasn't very good on my phone. It is running really good with my current setup, SC Voodoo and JT1134 Kernal but the signal strength isn't the greatest.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Alrighty, I gave DL09 a try with my phone and speed test were worse than EB01. My test only consisted of about 7 or 8 tests with SpeedTest.net app with the phone in the same position with each radio. So I am not saying these are end all be all results by any means, but I think I am gonna run with EC01 for right now and keep my fingers crossed.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Alrighty, I gave DL09 a try with my phone and speed test were worse than EB01. My test only consisted of about 7 or 8 tests with SpeedTest.net app with the phone in the same position with each radio. So I am not saying these are end all be all results by any means, but I think I am gonna run with EC01 for right now and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the info. I might try EC01 again now and see if it does any better on my phone since it's running Voodoo now.

sgtmack

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I tried speedtest on EC01, DL09, and EB01. I ran each 3 times, within a few minutes of each other, and couldn't tell a difference. But I do have better reception with EC01 over DL09. I have poor reception at work, if I modem back to DL09 I lose coverage. Flash EC01, and 2 bars. I also don't lose reception on Pandora as often on the drive home.
I hope the community ROM to match comes out soon. I will be a happy Fascinate owner.

Reactions: JeremytheIndian

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Just switched back to EC01 and my speeds are slow... Maybe Verizon or SpeedTest.net got tired of me testing or none of my previous numbers mean anything. Regardless I can at least say that EC01 works with 2.9.2... is it any better? I just don't know.

Edit: Ok I am now back up to the speeds I was seeing earlier on EC01, I will also add that when I tested the three earlier it was pretty much back to back... But as SheepDog says below I guess it's still not very reliable.

Last edited:

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads up for everyone, internet speed tests aren't really reliable unless they're conducted at the same time since throughout the day internet traffic varies on a country wide scale.

Although I love the mention about reception, I love that idea.

Jgonzo1299

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Question. How did you flash the radio. Did you follow the instructions posted on XDA (flash EB01, then ROM, then Radio, etc) and THEN did you go to superclean 2.9.2?
or did you simply start out with 2.9.2 already on your phone and then just flashed the EC01 radio via Odin?

Thanks. I wanna give it a try cause if there is some sort of better downloading speed and reception, im there. Ever since I put 2.9.2 and JT's kernel ive been having issues receiving/sending picture messages and losing calls in some places

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Flashed EC01 radio earlier. The main improvement I see on my phone is the signal seems more steady, instead of constantly jumping from no bars to three.

Browser does seem little faster too. I did flash the modem twice, I read over at XDA some had done this and got better results.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
do you need both the radio and the rom for them to work? or can you just use the radio for example? sorry if its a dumb Q