Flashing a theme issues...

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ok so i am having all sorts of problems flashing a theme, and really uncertain as to why... i flashed the wp7 theme from xda a month or so ago, and it installed just fine, however it was in early beta stages so i switched back to SC 2.9.2. now wp7 theme has a version 1 out, and my phone doesnt like it. what happens is , when i flash the theme with wiping data/cache first, it gets stuck in a boot animation... at that point i have to install a fresh rom, and attempt again w/o wiping. when i do that, it will boot up, but i repeatedly get mtm FC's (dev says its a failed attempt to install a wp7 keyboard). so he posted a v2 for me (which is supposed to have the wp7 keyboard removed), same issues... but now i have no wp7 boot animation... so i am wondering if he accidentally removed the boot animation and not the leyboard... and savy themers who might have an idea as to why this is all happening?

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
here's what I would do... flash the rom, boot up, boot to cwm again and then flash the theme. sometimes themes and roms don't work so well together if you flash them both at the same time (or data wipe and then flash the theme without a reboot).

Reactions: bear_lx

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
here's what I would do... flash the rom, boot up, boot to cwm again and then flash the theme. sometimes themes and roms don't work so well together if you flash them both at the same time (or data wipe and then flash the theme without a reboot).

sorry my mistake for not being clear... that is exactly whati am doing, i am using oding to put full stock + froyo + clockwork on , then booting up, everything works perfectly... i then boot into CWM, and flash the theme...

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i have tried data and cache wipe as well... when i wipe data and cache, it gets stuck in boot loop

ok. youve been doing this long enough that you dont need odin to flash super clean. lets put on the big boy pants and do some work ;)

put your choice of rom and theme on your sd (go ahead and redownload both just to make sure). boot to cwm. format data and cache about three times each. do that cor dalvick as well. go to mounts and storage, format everything that is not sd card related. there should be 4 partitions to format, boot, data, dbdata, and system. format all of them three times. flash your rom. boot. reboot to cwm. flash kernel. boot. reboot to cwm. flash theme.

report back.

Reactions: bear_lx

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
i know right? this is the first time i am stuck!?! ok i will try that and see what happens... but read this and see if this gives any insight on this

"your issue is the failed attempt on my part to add the wp7 themed keyboard . that has been removed in v2 ..

check your messages . i sent you something to help

srry youre having issues . lets see if we can work it out . im working on v2 right now .. it should fix most all problems. just to be safe , wipe cache and devlik cache . shouldnt normally be required but youre having issues no one else has reported . different phones act weird though . this is what i have of v2 so far . try and let me know how it works . "

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11620804/Wp7...olutionV_2.zip

youre the only person with that right now so let me know how it goes .

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
ok so i did exactly what you said, after putting on my " big boy pants"...lol. i flashed EC01 rom, booted up... rebooted back to CWM flashed the wp7 theme...it boots up , and it works finally! however, the problem was in fact the mtm wp7 keyboard, if i switch from swype to that keyboard, it starts with the FC's again...

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ok so i did exactly what you said, after putting on my " big boy pants"...lol. i flashed EC01 rom, booted up... rebooted back to CWM flashed the wp7 theme...it boots up , and it works finally! however, the problem was in fact the mtm wp7 keyboard, if i switch from swype to that keyboard, it starts with the FC's again...

See now don't you feel smarter? I use better keyboard 8. Give that a try.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ok so i am having all sorts of problems flashing a theme, and really uncertain as to why... i flashed the wp7 theme from xda a month or so ago, and it installed just fine, however it was in early beta stages so i switched back to SC 2.9.2. now wp7 theme has a version 1 out, and my phone doesnt like it. what happens is , when i flash the theme with wiping data/cache first, it gets stuck in a boot animation... at that point i have to install a fresh rom, and attempt again w/o wiping. when i do that, it will boot up, but i repeatedly get mtm FC's (dev says its a failed attempt to install a wp7 keyboard). so he posted a v2 for me (which is supposed to have the wp7 keyboard removed), same issues... but now i have no wp7 boot animation... so i am wondering if he accidentally removed the boot animation and not the leyboard... and savy themers who might have an idea as to why this is all happening?

sorry my mistake for not being clear... that is exactly whati am doing, i am using oding to put full stock + froyo + clockwork on , then booting up, everything works perfectly... i then boot into CWM, and flash the theme...

I'm completely confused here. In one post you say you are running SC 2.9.2, then in another post you say you used ODIN and are running full stock + froyo + clockwork. Someone correct me, but I thought you had to be running a deodexed ROM to run a theme. If so, you can't have a theme on stock froyo since it is not deodexed.

spencer0279

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
ok. youve been doing this long enough that you dont need odin to flash super clean. lets put on the big boy pants and do some work ;)

put your choice of rom and theme on your sd (go ahead and redownload both just to make sure). boot to cwm. format data and cache about three times each. do that cor dalvick as well. go to mounts and storage, format everything that is not sd card related. there should be 4 partitions to format, boot, data, dbdata, and system. format all of them three times. flash your rom. boot. reboot to cwm. flash kernel. boot. reboot to cwm. flash theme.

report back.

how do you flash a rom from the cwm?:O install from sd?

* i tried it and did all the steps and i got the theme i had been trying to get to work to work xD thanks :D

Last edited: