Fascinate volume boost?

manic020

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I use my fascinate as my media player to listen to music on the buys in the morning and I find the media volume through the headphones to be quite lacking. Are their any apps/tutorials out there to boost the headphone volume? Thanks

P.S. I'm on EC01 and use winamp to listen to my music

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The newer Kernels have a sound boost built in. I know it really increased the volume on mine..

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...s-combined-resource-4-17-11-a.html#post745515

I am using the newest one from JT1134, but you should check them all out to see which fits you best

I shouldnt say sound boost, i guess the correct terminology is that it has voodoo sound built in which boosted the volume considerably, as well as the picture

Last edited:

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
To further explain what piizzadude said, the voodoo sound enabled kernels allow you to utilize voodoo control apps available on the market to apply a volume output boost to the headphones. The overall sound of the phone is not affected.

The only sound boost built into anything would be certain roms having changes made to the hidden menu for certain apps such as navigation, which was considerably too quiet for use with ambient vehicle noise. You really wouldn't want to boost speaker volume for media purposes for the danger of damaging the small on-board speaker on your phone.

Reactions: anon(94115)

manic020

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
So I need a voodoo kernel to do this or is voodoo sound built into the non-voodoo kernel too?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

craigcls

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
You need one of the latest Voodoo kernals along with the app from the market. The increased sound output is considerable.

starbiker99

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have SC 2.9.2 and think the phone is great but when I went to play Sirius, Pandora, or PowerAMP thru my home receiver to my deck speakers yesterday I could barely here it. Guess I should look into this as well. My DX has much louder output to the headphone jack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC