CM7 for Fascinate

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Need to try this out wonder what state its in hopefully its slightly more usable than kaosinate

From what I'm reading over at XDA it is in pretty much the same stage as CM6.2 - BT, MMS, and camcorder don't work, as well as the camera
Other than that, everything else is working just like 6.2

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
We will see it can go without mms and camera for awhile I really don't use them not do it use bt I would rather use the wired jack in my car with voodoo control

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Here is a screenshot of the tweet:
CM7tweet.jpg

No install instructions.... I have opted not to include this in the ROMs thread..

If anyone chooses to install... please report back.. and good luck

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If im not mistaken CM7 includes a kernel so it should flash over your current kernel without any problems. But im not sure of the voodoo or non-voodoo aspects of it, maybe someone more knowledgeable can answer this.

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
is there a special kernal needed for this from stock eb01?

He states in the tweet that a voodoo kernel is included. The only thing you have to make sure of, when flashing back to another rom if you choose to do so, is to disable the lagfix if you're running a nonvoodoo kernel on your previous setup.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
And reflash the nonvoodoo kernel but I must say this runs pretty well yes I miss my camera but man I'm getting better battery life than any ed-ec01 roms I've tried and I love the screen on off animations. Honestly if they could get camera mms this would be my rom of choice but I fear tonight I have to go back to ed01