[Howto] Get to ED01 (Official Froyo) Quickly

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
So many of us are rooted...so many...

Getting to ED01 isn't easy without any radio leak. So, to get to ED01, so you can get yer bran' spankin' new modem!, follow these directions.

First, we will downgrade to DL09.
Do this by flashing this DL09 package in Odin (pda button, pda button, pda button)
Index of /files/stuff

Then, download this EA28 update.zip, put it on your sd card, reboot to recovery and flash:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Finally, download this ED01 update.zip put it on your sdcard, and reboot to recovery and flash:
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Then, flash whatever the latest and great cwr 2.5.x is (I've not kept track.) Do not use cwr 3.x for now, imo. You can then flash one of the stock rooted roms, or root yourself via flashing a super user package from cwr.

Good luck!

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed that my wifes ED01 picked up the GPS within seconds and her phone is stock. My EC01 Radio still cannot lock on right away. even with the Fix mod.

therent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Ill be actually upgrading my wifes phone to DL09 to get this process started, her phone is on DH__ and would never take any of the OTA updates, i had the same thing when i purchased which originally lead me here to learn how to use odin and CWM.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I know this is a stupid question, but how can I reboot into recovery to do the flash?

That depends my man on what you got going on...you always got to let us know where your at and where you want to be.. (i.e. I am a stock 2.1 Eclair and would like to get to stock Froyo)

If you are running the stock verizon/samsung software, you won't be able to. Over the air update is the only way you'll be getting Froyo, which may or may not be available in your area yet.

If your rooted then check out this thread.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/70058-how-first-time-rooting-walk-through.html
:)

Reactions: netlagger

netlagger

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
That depends my man on what you got going on...you always got to let us know where your at and where you want to be.. (i.e. I am a stock 2.1 Eclair and would like to get to stock Froyo)

If you are running the stock verizon/samsung software, you won't be able to. Over the air update is the only way you'll be getting Froyo, which may or may not be available in your area yet.

If your rooted then check out this thread.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/70058-how-first-time-rooting-walk-through.html
:)

TY....That definitely did help me. I am in an area where I can't do the OTA because I have no 3G coverage just extended network. So hopefully this way I can get Froyo and ED01. I appreciate your help.

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Could I take the Froyo OTA and then use ODIN to flash DroidXcon's no-wipe SC 2.9.2?

This is just the question I had in my mind.
I don't know how these .tar files work, but could we unzip sc292, replace the ED10 file with ED01, rezip and reflash that?

or follow the directions Adrynalyne posted, then reflash sc292?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I understand your excitement, but my advice fellas would be to follow the great threads in this forum.. getting all Maverick may land you a device that doesn't work...Definitely don't try unzipping and changing things, there is WAY more involved than that..

Flashing 2.9.2 will take you back to a blend of Froyo leaks (mostly EB01), and the FROYO OTA (ED01) will disappear from your phone all together..

I would recommend just ODIN yourself to SC 2.9, then flash 2.9.2 via recovery...and wait for a community ROM (new SC possibly) to be released.. or just wait for an ODIN package of the ED01 (official FROYO)

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My advice fellas would be to follow the great threads in this forum.. getting all Maverick may land you a device that doesn't work...Definitely don't try unzipping and changing things, there is WAY more involved than that..

Flashing 2.9.2 will take you back to a blend of Froyo leaks (mostly EB01), and ED01 will disappear from your phone all together..

I would recommend just ODIN yourself to SC 2.9, then flash 2.9.2 via recovery...and wait for a community ROM (new SC possibly)

Yeah. I don't know how greatly ED01 is going to differ from EC10, but I screwed up by not backing anything up, so when I flashed the DL09 (Eclair), I totally effed my phone. Now I've gone back to sc292 and need to rebuild.

I feel dumb. I really should have known better. I'll just wait until I find a way to set up ED01 without having to drop Froyo.

bxojr

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Flashing 2.9.2 will take you back to a blend of Froyo leaks (mostly EB01), and ED01 will disappear from your phone all together..

I would recommend just ODIN yourself to SC 2.9, then flash 2.9.2 via recovery...and wait for a community ROM (new SC possibly)

Fair enough. I'm running 2.9.2 now, but I want to try the OTA Froyo and see if it improves my battery life.

Here's my concern: I've got app data I don't want to lose. I can back everything up using Titanium Backup, but I can't restore anything until I'm rooted again (since Titanium requires root). So I'm just trying to figure out the easiest way to root after I install the OTA Froyo update.

I've seen various threads discussing this question, but I haven't yet seen a definitive answer: is there a reliable method for rooting stock ED01?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I understand your excitement, but my advice fellas would be to follow the great threads in this forum.. getting all Maverick may land you a device that doesn't work...Definitely don't try unzipping and changing things, there is WAY more involved than that..

Flashing 2.9.2 will take you back to a blend of Froyo leaks (mostly EB01), and the FROYO OTA (ED01) will disappear from your phone all together..

I would recommend just ODIN yourself to SC 2.9, then flash 2.9.2 via recovery...and wait for a community ROM (new SC possibly) to be released.. or just wait for an ODIN package of the ED01 (official FROYO)

Hey bro , thanks for everything i really appreciate it. and you have been stepping up with great answers lately , thanks for supporting everyone

Yeah. I don't know how greatly ED01 is going to differ from EC10, but I screwed up by not backing anything up, so when I flashed the DL09 (Eclair), I totally effed my phone. Now I've gone back to sc292 and need to rebuild.

I feel dumb. I really should have known better. I'll just wait until I find a way to set up ED01 without having to drop Froyo.

Do not feel dumb we all make mistakes especially with the excitment of it all. I suggest in the future making a titanium back up and then you can always restore data later on also a good thing to always do is backup your contacts to google and also your sdcard. ED01 and EC10 should be very close if not the same.

Sorry this happend

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Fair enough. I'm running 2.9.2 now, but I want to try the OTA Froyo and see if it improves my battery life.

Here's my concern: I've got app data I don't want to lose. I can back everything up using Titanium Backup, but I can't restore anything until I'm rooted again (since Titanium requires root). So I'm just trying to figure out the easiest way to root after I install the OTA Froyo update.

I've seen various threads discussing this question, but I haven't yet seen a definitive answer: is there a reliable method for rooting stock ED01?

easiest and fastest way in my opinion would be clockwork + root zip file hold on ill edit this in a second with the link with instructions

Edit:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-remove-system-apps-other-how.html#post700079

Reactions: bxojr

SEAKevin

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

You might consider waiting a few days before you get ED01.. check out the issues thread in the main Fascinate forum. A few people are complaining about battery life. The grass may not be greener and I think it's worth it to wait a week and see what people are saying. This morning I was definitely planning on doing it.. but now I've decided to keep what I've got at least for now.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci