[ODIN] Stock ED01 ROM/Kernel

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
OK so this flash will root me and keep me stock everything including radio ed01. goal one accomplished. All other points aside from CWM are complete.

so as spoken of in Step two, I flash via ODIN that particular CWM the ALL 3-30 Fixed version. and I need CWM for flashing kernals, themes etc but I don't need it particularly for the other root functions I spoke of.... so when I ODIN CWM... its OK to boot strait to the phone after instead of straight to CWM as I've been reading has to be done?

This is a problem people are having. When you flash CWM through ODIN, since you are running stock kernel, when your phone boots up the stock kernel will overwrite over CWM all and you will lose it.

What i did was flashed CWM through ODIN, then put my battery in and boot directly into recovery (do this by pressing vol up+down+power). Keep pressing this down until you see the samsung logo show up the second time. You should now be in red recovery. I then flashed a different kernel so that red CWM stayed.

After you have flashed a different kernel you may need to flash CWM through ODIN one more time so that it will stay for good.

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
OK so this flash will root me and keep me stock everything including radio ed01. goal one accomplished. All other points aside from CWM are complete.

so as spoken of in Step two, I flash via ODIN that particular CWM the ALL 3-30 Fixed version. and I need CWM for flashing kernals, themes etc but I don't need it particularly for the other root functions I spoke of.... so when I ODIN CWM... its OK to boot strait to the phone after instead of straight to CWM as I've been reading has to be done?

As of right now, any time you want to use CWR you will have to flash it in odin and boot straight to it. Booting up normally will wipe CWR as you will not have a custom kernel that co-exists with CWR. The stock kernel will overwrite it. Thus making you have to re-flash it everytime you want to use it, and it has to be booted straight to CWR. I'm pretty certain that in the near future one of the great developers will have a ED01 based package that will not require this method anymore (meaning you will be able to boot into CWR at anytime.) But as I've read, right now the ED01 kernel has not been leaked so the developers cannot tweak it to make it that easy yet.

And I totally vouche for Pikanate's method. Sorry I didn't mention that here, I was just giving you the basics lol.

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
all i wanna know is, will adrynalyn still be building on our present 292 or will he and the others jump ship to the OTA Official Froyo from Verizon/Samsung?????

if the people as Adrynalyn will keep helping us with upgrades etc on the 292 i will stay as i am..

earlier today i used Adrynalyn's method and just flashed nyself back to ED01.
and here it came,, yepppers yer right,,the screen i fear more than any intruders..
a soft brick.. man was i scared and images of me paying full price for another fascinate ran thru my head. but as usuall i referred back to DroidX's post where he stated dont get scared so i climbed back up the ladder and the darned phone jumpped right into SC 292VooDoo. i stress this as it stresses me to no end... so please i know its been explained hundreds of times already but can someone lay out a set of direct directions //as in
number

#1.do this.
#2.do that.
#3.do this and then this
#4.if your phone refuses OTA it is one of the 10,000 fascinates
#5.go to verizon get new refurbished sammy

that would help me more than anything..

at the end before my half brick i had followed Adrynalyns orders to a "T"
and when i tried for a OTA Froyo 2.2 it sat there like a brick with a green line about 1/4 inch like it was DL'ing..

please bear with me on this and over look an disabled Vet who at times just doesnt understand.. thx..

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
all i wanna know is, will adrynalyn still be building on our present 292 or will he and the others jump ship to the OTA Official Froyo from Verizon/Samsung?????

if the people as Adrynalyn will keep helping us with upgrades etc on the 292 i will stay as i am..

and here it came,, yepppers yer right,,the screen i fear more than any intruders..
a soft brick.. man was i scared and images of me paying full price for another fascinate ran thru my head. but as usuall i referred back to DroidX's post where he stated dont get scared so i climbed back up the ladder and the darned phone jumpped right into SC 292VooDoo. i stress this as it stresses me to no end... so please i know its been explained hundreds of times already but can someone lay out a set of direct directions //as in
number

#1.do this.
#2.do that.
#3.do this and then this

and when i tried for a OTA Froyo 2.2 it sat there like a brick with a green line about 1/4 inch like it was DL'ing..

please bear with me on this and over look an disabled Vet who at times just doesnt understand.. thx..

Superclean 2.9.2 is retired

Adrynaline is working now on the "community" rom based off of ED01

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

number

#1.do this.
#2.do that.
#3.do this and then this

From what I hear (from reliable sources) support on 2.9.2 and earlier builds will most likely cease to happen. They are currently working a 'community rom' which is the next big project from adrynalyne and others. I believe all future projects will more than likely be with ED01 and on. So just keep your eye's peeled.

Edit: By golly, I either type to slowly or too much.. Or Pikanate is just blazing fast.. always a step ahead of me man! lol thanks again!

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
From what I hear (from reliable sources) support on 2.9.2 and earlier builds will most likely cease to happen. They are currently working a 'community rom' which is the next big project from adrynalyne and others. I believe all future projects will more than likely be with ED01 and on. So just keep your eye's peeled.

Edit: By golly, I either type to slowly or too much.. Or Pikanate is just blazing fast.. always a step ahead of me man! lol thanks again!

Yeah everytime I refresh to see if the person responded, your there haha

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is a problem people are having. When you flash CWM through ODIN, since you are running stock kernel, when your phone boots up the stock kernel will overwrite over CWM all and you will lose it.

What i did was flashed CWM through ODIN, then put my battery in and boot directly into recovery (do this by pressing vol up+down+power). Keep pressing this down until you see the samsung logo show up the second time. You should now be in red recovery. I then flashed a different kernel so that red CWM stayed.

After you have flashed a different kernel you may need to flash CWM through ODIN one more time so that it will stay for good.

As of right now, any time you want to use CWR you will have to flash it in odin and boot straight to it. Booting up normally will wipe CWR as you will not have a custom kernel that co-exists with CWR. The stock kernel will overwrite it. Thus making you have to re-flash it everytime you want to use it, and it has to be booted straight to CWR. I'm pretty certain that in the near future one of the great developers will have a ED01 based package that will not require this method anymore (meaning you will be able to boot into CWR at anytime.) But as I've read, right now the ED01 kernel has not been leaked so the developers cannot tweak it to make it that easy yet.

And I totally vouche for Pikanate's method. Sorry I didn't mention that here, I was just giving you the basics lol.

Thanks so much guys!! :D :-*

OK and my kernal is stock but rooted .... so it overwrites.. I got that. So if I skip CWM until there is something .zip I want to flash I am good to go as I don't want to flash a different kernal right? I personallyy want stock OTA ED01 rooted. There is nothing at this moment that I would need to use CWM to load to fit my plan correct?

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

OK and my kernal is stock but rooted .... so it overwrites.. I got that. So if I skip CWM until there is something .zip I want to flash I am good to go as I don't want to flash a different kernal right? I personallyy want stock OTA ED01 rooted. There is nothing at this moment that I would need to use CWM to load to fit my plan correct?

If you want to keep using the stock kernel, you will need to flash CWM through ODIN everytime you want to flash a zip.

Reactions: Brennb#AC

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site

That is correct, and just as pikanate said in his last post, once you find something you want to flash, you will odin cwm and boot directly to cwr to install the .zip Sounds like you got down :)

Reactions: Brennb#AC

Brennb#AC

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If you want to keep using the stock kernel, you will need to flash CWM through ODIN everytime you want to flash a zip.

OK that's how I understand it. So I'm good until I want to flash a zip and there are no particular ones I NEED to flash at this moment. I don't mind the above method when it comes to it because it will make me THINK before I decide to flash instead of just jumping on things without thinking it through. :)

thanks again for your help!

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
OK that's how I understand it. So I'm good until I want to flash a zip and there are no particular ones I NEED to flash at this moment. I don't mind the above method when it comes to it because it will make me THINK before I decide to flash instead of just jumping on things without thinking it through. :)

No problem :)

Im glad you understand!

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

read n re-read got the idea ..am DL'ing odin ED01 stock .tar then will attempt things again...THX and i'll get there..

Last edited:

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good, we're here to help if need be :)

ok if i unstood all the ways etc , the simplist is to Odin the ED01.tar and forget everything else cause i will be stock.. then attempt the OTA from Verizon/Samsung to Official Froyo..
is this Correct???

OOPs one more question what do i do with all these files currently listed in red CWM... will they be gone. and how long does it take for the OTA update?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
ok if i unstood all the ways etc , the simplist is to Odin the ED01.tar and forget everything else cause i will be stock.. then attempt the OTA from Verizon/Samsung to Official Froyo..
is this Correct???

OOPs one more question what do i do with all these files currently listed in red CWM... will they be gone. and how long does it take for the OTA update?

If you're flashing to ED01 then you won't get the OTA as you will already be on that build. To get the OTA you would have to flash back to DI01 or DL09 and OTA from there. What files are you referring to in CWM exactly? As for how long the OTA update takes, time will vary based on your 3g reception. Mine took aprox. 15-20 minutes as it's a somewhat larger file.

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

This is wrong. Flash cwm via odin. Then before you let the phone boot, enter clock work.and flash the Super user/ bust box zip found in the How to root post

This will lock in the cwm all. I know cause that is how I did it and I have it right now. Try that and you will not have to flash cwm every time.

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
This is wrong. Flash cwm via odin. Then before you let the phone boot, enter clock work.and flash the Super user/ bust box zip found in the How to root post

This will lock in the cwm all. I know cause that is how I did it and I have it right now. Try that and you will not have to flash cwm every time.

I thought he didn't need to flash busy box zip cause this package comes with root?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante