[ODIN] Official Froyo ED01 packaged custom ROMs w/Root - Updated 06/12/11

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yo shark! Did you figure out anything with the data wipe package? Did you get the Com ROm pack's squared away?

Need to send the no-wipe Comm ROM packs out for testing. They worked for me, but I want other testers to make sure. I should get my second Fascinate in the mail tomorrow so I will test the wipe packages Thursday. When I post the Comm ROM packs I will probably pull down the other packs while I test them.

Reactions: henryhr

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Need to send the no-wipe Comm ROM packs out for testing. They worked for me, but I want other testers to make sure. I should get my second Fascinate in the mail tomorrow so I will test the wipe packages Thursday. When I post the Comm ROM packs I will probably pull down the other packs while I test them.

Cool man! Send one my way tonight and I'll put it through the rigors tommorow after I get out of my test in the morning!

floater#AC

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
hey shark i did what you told me the other day and i still have the same problem i havent tried anything since then but my apps still force close

whitefalcon48

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I've gotten so much help from these forums over the past couple of days so I just wanna say thanks!

So I restored my phone back to stock DI01 yesterday and let it update OTA to ED01 today during work, hoping that when I get home I can flash this update, but I can't access the files. I click on the links, for either the one that wipes data or not, and it says file cannot be found. Did I miss something?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I've gotten so much help from these forums over the past couple of days so I just wanna say thanks!

So I restored my phone back to stock DI01 yesterday and let it update OTA to ED01 today during work, hoping that when I get home I can flash this update, but I can't access the files. I click on the links, for either the one that wipes data or not, and it says file cannot be found. Did I miss something?

Both just worked for me.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
nevermind, i got it, for some reason the files weren't opening on my computer so i had to use another one, thanks!

Good to hear. If you want to hold off for about 2 days I should be posting the community ROM ODIN packages then. Or you can just flash them over the debloated/deodexed ROM.

jeff_k

May 3, 2011
Visit site
USB connect trouble with this ROM?

I went from the stock ED01 to this ROM. I no longer have the 'USB connect' indication in the pulldown menu any more - how do I connect via USB to the PC? I've tried both USB debugging checked and unchecked. I have the drivers installed in the PC.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I went from the stock ED01 to this ROM. I no longer have the 'USB connect' indication in the pulldown menu any more - how do I connect via USB to the PC? I've tried both USB debugging checked and unchecked. I have the drivers installed in the PC.
Thanks in advance.
Jeff

Welcome to Android Central. With usb debugging checked, go menu=>settings=>usb settings and change that from mass storage to on demand. Put a check mark back on usb debugging then try plugging your phone into the usb cord.

Reactions: swenpro

jeff_k

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Landshark
That worked great.
Thanks also for the ROM. I've decided to give the community ROM a try - do I understand correctly that I can go from here (and the stock kernel - no voodoo) to the community ROM by using CWM with the ROM zip files transferred to the sd card? The voodoo kernel will be installed along with? Or do I have the procedure wrong?
Jeff

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, Landshark
That worked great.
Thanks also for the ROM. I've decided to give the community ROM a try - do I understand correctly that I can go from here (and the stock kernel - no voodoo) to the community ROM by using CWM with the ROM zip files transferred to the sd card? The voodoo kernel will be installed along with? Or do I have the procedure wrong?
Jeff

You can thank Adrynalyne for the ROM. I just used DroidXcon's method and packaged the ROM in an easy to flash ODIN package. You have the procedure correct for going to the Comm ROM. Place the zip file on your sd card and flash through CWM. If you are also going to flash the 1.2 patch, flash the ROM first by itself, reboot the phone and let the ROM install completely. Then boot back to CWM and flash the 1.2 patch. A full data wipe is recommended before flashing Comm ROM, but if you really don't want to others have had success flashing Comm ROM with only a wipe of cache and dalvik cache prior. Make sure you do another wipe of cache and dalvik between flashing the ROM and flashing the patch.

Reactions: jeff_k

jeff_k

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Cool!
Love your instructions, Landshark
You make things very clear.
I won't clutter up your thread with community ROM topics. Gotta play with this for awhile. I'll just say to anyone else thinking about this - it is very simple. Follow Landshark's directions above and you're good to go.

Reactions: Landshark

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
[WARN]
TESTERS NEEDED
for wipe Odin version of Evil Fascinate Rom contact me if you are interested to help out​
[/WARN]

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE - Just letting everyone know the Community ROM ODIN packages are done and working, but I have been assured Comm ROM v 1.3 is going to be released very soon so I'm going to wait until that is released. Then I have everything set up so I will be able to release the ODIN packages within just a few hours of v 1.3 being released.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]
TESTERS NEEDED
for wipe Odin version of Evil Fascinate Rom contact me if you are interested to help out​
[/WARN]

I've got my second fassy now. So all I need to do is follow your directions to switch ESN on my account and I'll test for you.

jlafentres

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
Is the CWM-recovery-all-3-30-fix required. The reason I ask is I can not find it anywhere. All of the links no longer work. Any help is appreciated.