SMS problems on SC2.9.2

ManBearPig

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
My phone has problems.
I am one of those people who can't fit everything they want to say into one text message. Not many of us can. But when I go over the 160 character limit, the message converts to an MMS, and no one was able to receive it. This is on the stock 2.9.2 SMS application. I figured "Hey, easy fix. Just download Go SMS Pro. They support emojis!!!" So I downloaded it, and bingo, it stopped converting to MMS when it went over 160. So that made me super duper happy. But then my girlfriend texts me and asks me why I keep sending a bunch of "@" symbols when it splits into two messages. At least it sends, but who wants a whole bunch of "@" symbols in their inbox? I know I don't.. I tried switching to handcent, and still, they keep appearing when I write a long message. So I can't be happy with any of the messaging apps. Perhaps there is a fix to this problem? What do you guys have to say about this?

Sent from my SuperClean 2.9.2 Fascinate using Tapatalk.

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
let me see what i can find...i vaguely remember a setting to tell it to not do some of that....

im on 2.9.2 as well, and use handcent.....mine sends just fine, but ill dig around for a few

causey

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ok, looks like it was in handcent....open handcent, menu key, settings, send message settings.

about halfway down it should say split 160. i have mine set to simple split, and it just sends multiple messages, with no @ symbols....afaik that is.

EDIT: Just tested this to be sure, and the receiving end gets just 2 plan ol text messages.

Reactions: dlcullen

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12