cwm 3-30 vs cwm 3.0

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
What do you want to load? Most ROM's are made for a specific CWM to work. Most of the old ROM's used 2.5CWM(which is cwm 3-30, like the supercleans) and the newer ROM's are using CWM 3.0 (like Evil fascination and Ultimate KangBang). Even some of the new themes are using 3.0. You will need to see which ROM you want and which CWM it supports. Most, if not all will tell you in the developer post. The trend seems to be going towards CWM 3.0 but like I said, your ROM needs to support your choice.

nycdoc

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
What do you want to load? Most ROM's are made for a specific CWM to work. Most of the old ROM's used 2.5CWM(which is cwm 3-30, like the supercleans) and the newer ROM's are using CWM 3.0 (like Evil fascination and Ultimate KangBang). Even some of the new themes are using 3.0. You will need to see which ROM you want and which CWM it supports. Most, if not all will tell you in the developer post. The trend seems to be going towards CWM 3.0 but like I said, your ROM needs to support your choice.
if i was going to change roms to either of the ones you mentioned do i install the cwm 3.0 first and then flash the rom?

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes - if you are stock then get the odin version of CWM 3.0 from JaeKar's post of themes, ROM's and other stuff ( .

Download the ROM you want and place it on the root of your sd card.

Odin flash the CWM 3.0

Unplug, insert the battery and boot directly into CWM (vol up, vol down, power through 2 samsung screen flashes)

Wipe Dalvik and cache and then flash the Zip you previously downloaded.

You should now be good to go - you will now be on voodoo, so you will hear a female robot voice on restart and it will take 5-15 min for reboot.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
if i was going to change roms to either of the ones you mentioned do i install the cwm 3.0 first and then flash the rom?

Since there are only a few ROMs and themes using Edify script which is what CWM 3.0 works with, but the rest are still Amend script, which is what CWM 2.5 works with, and since CWM 2.5 will also run Edify script, I believe most people are sticking with CWM 2.5 until more things are put out using Edify script.

Reactions: eibbed0001

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Since there are only a few ROMs and themes using Edify script which is what CWM 3.0 works with, but the rest are still Amend script, which is what CWM 2.5 works with, and since CWM 2.5 will also run Edify script, I believe most people are sticking with CWM 2.5 until more things are put out using Edify script.

+1.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Heads Up: To be accommodating to the masses, I have started to put Edify (CWM 3.x) scripted boot installs on the links page... I will not take down the Apend (CWM 2.x) links..

I have started using Clockwork Mod 3.x version and have noticed that the install speeds are very fast.. at least twice as fast as 2.5.1.x. If there is a benefit to the change to this version that is one positive. I cannot find a negative attribute outside of the need to convert many of the flashable zips to the new format... more time consuming than anything.

All other functions are present. So far so good.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Heads Up: To be accommodating to the masses, I have started to put Edify (CWM 3.x) scripted boot installs on the links page... I will not take down the Apend (CWM 2.x) links..

I have started using Clockwork Mod 3.x version and have noticed that the install speeds are very fast.. at least twice as fast as 2.5.1.x. If there is a benefit to the change to this version that is one positive. I cannot find a negative attribute outside of the need to convert many of the flashable zips to the new format... more time consuming than anything.

All other functions are present. So far so good.

Sweet. Thanks for the info Jae. I will switch to CWM 3.0 as soon as soon as I posssibly can once it makes sense for me to do so.

Bad Bimr

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
With MOST of the Comm themes now Edify can you have both CWM versions on your phone. At present I have the CWM ALL 3-30 installed. I want to try the new TW4 theme but it says Edify so I am hesitant to do so with my version of CWM. Some say that it will do Edify but I have yet to see that is 100% true. Can I install CWM 3.0 on the SD and run it from within my current CWM?

Thanks

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
With MOST of the Comm themes now Edify can you have both CWM versions on your phone. At present I have the CWM ALL 3-30 installed. I want to try the new TW4 theme but it says Edify so I am hesitant to do so with my version of CWM. Some say that it will do Edify but I have yet to see that is 100% true. Can I install CWM 3.0 on the SD and run it from within my current CWM?

Thanks

You need to odin 3.x cwm, yes 2.5x will flash TW4 correctly. I would make the switch. I switched prob 2 weeks ago and havent looked back. Hope that helps:)

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
There are zips for both cwm 3-30 and cwm 3.0. I know I flashed cwm 3-30 in an older cwm and it worked fine. Haven't tried it for 3.0 though.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There are zips for both cwm 3-30 and cwm 3.0. I know I flashed cwm 3-30 in an older cwm and it worked fine. Haven't tried it for 3.0 though.

Yeah, you can use an older CWM to flash the zip for 3.x, but in my experience, it always works better when I ODIN the tar file. May just be me, though...