Themed Components?

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I Really liked a keyboard I found in a theme, but didn't want the whole theme. After playing around for a while I figured out that I could remove the app folder from one zip and replace it with the desired one, then flash (probably old news but new to me). My question is... Is there an easier way to get the themed component or is this the best/only way.

***edit*** I stumbled upon a similar post and read this can be done thru root explorer. If so could someone elaborate?

Last edited:

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
You can extract the .zip of the theme using Root Explorer (long-press on file, select extract). This will unzip and move to a folder on your SD card called "Extracted". From there you can go into the /system/app folder of that theme and pull out the .apk you are looking for, and move it into your /system/app folder.

Last edited:

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Taken from the ComRom2.2 thread:
There seems to be some confusion on how to get the stock Android keyboard back. There are 2 files required for it, which you can extract from any deodexed ROM's zip such as SC:

/system/app/LatinIME.apk
/system/lib/libjni_latinime.so

Next, you need to remove ime-mtm-stock-gingerbread.apk from /system/app on your phone, as it also uses the libjni_latinime.so file.

Then, copy or adb push the 2 files you pulled from your deodexed ROM's zip to there proper folders and reboot. Before you try to use it after you boot up, go to Settings > Language & Keyboard and configure it as wished.

Finally, go to any text input field (text message) and long press to choose the input method and select Android keyboard.

Enjoy.

Hope this helps. Any SuperClean zip can be unzipped and the files necessary extracted. Copy them to your SD and, from there, copy them to the same pathway address (example: /system/app)