Dropped Phone

JayHawk9292008

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone and am going to have to file insurance claim, what is the easiest way or is there a way to transfer my current settings and mods to the replacement phone?

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't a Clockwork backup work? Do a backup and try to hold onto your SD card in the replacement, otherwise backup the contents of the SD card.

When you get the new phone, put the SD card in (or copy files to the new one), flash CWM and the kernel you were using, restore backup and you should be good to go.

rbellis

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I dropped my phone and am going to have to file insurance claim, what is the easiest way or is there a way to transfer my current settings and mods to the replacement phone?
I had the same thing hapen to me, And I did exactly what Chris3D suggested. When you get your replacement phone, all you have to return is the phone. It will ship with the phone, battery, battery door and USB,charger. All you are required to ship back is the phone. I was able to keep the extra battery and charger.

Got a little off topic there. Sorry! So do a Clockwork back up and just restore. Easy as pie!