Remnants of previous theme in new theme

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So I'm running SC 2.9.2 still on the EB01 froyo. I had nitro's Ultimate Honeycomb 3.1.2 which like themed everything and even some of apps (facebook, market, youtube, swype)

I recently went to the honeycomb to another theme that doesn't have anything to do with honeycomb, but there are still remnants left.

For example:
- Swype is still themed, even though the new theme has its own
- Facebook widget is still themed

Those are just a couple of the ones I found.

I was wondering why they're still here and how can I get rid of these remnants?

I've wiped both the cache partition as well as the dalvik cache (atleast twice each).

Any suggestions?

thebadben

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
If you reflash the ROM without wiping it will return your framework to stock. Then if you flash a new theme it should be just what's in that one.

Reactions: bawoo

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So I'm running SC 2.9.2 still on the EB01 froyo. I had nitro's Ultimate Honeycomb 3.1.2 which like themed everything and even some of apps (facebook, market, youtube, swype)

I recently went to the honeycomb to another theme that doesn't have anything to do with honeycomb, but there are still remnants left.

For example:
- Swype is still themed, even though the new theme has its own
- Facebook widget is still themed

Those are just a couple of the ones I found.

I was wondering why they're still here and how can I get rid of these remnants?

I've wiped both the cache partition as well as the dalvik cache (atleast twice each).

Any suggestions?

You will need to reflash the base rom, boot up, go back to recovery wipe cache's then flash the theme and boot up again.. That will be the only way to fix the problem you're encountering.

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
So I need to just reflash SC 2.9.2 via ODIN and then go back into CWM and flash the zip file with the theme?

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, before reflashing the rom go into cwm and wipe both caches.. then odin sc 2.9.2, boot up then reboot into recovery wipe caches again for good measure and flash the theme. That should fix it for you.

Edit: Landshark's suggestion is a good one, I actually prefer that way.

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
try putting the app/apk files from the SC29 zip file into a new zip file and install thru cwm. thats what im trying to do now before i start flashing themes. not all themes 'theme' the same files. some theme more than others but if you make a new zip file with all the original apks from the rom your using then you could install that zip thru cwm and be back to what the rom had.

copy a theme zip to your desktop (or where ever). open it and delete the system folder contained in it. (leave the meta-inf folder, not sure if its important but i leave it there)

make a system folder and pull the framework and apps folder outta the system folder in the sc29 zip and put them in a system folder.

then drag/drop this system folder into the zip and then install it thru cwm.

bawoo

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Really?! I did not know that you could flash from within cwm.

So, I can just place the .zip in my SDcard and flash like I would a theme? AWESOME!

Thanks a lot you guys. Could not do this without ya'll.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae