teach me

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
ok i have a rooted fascinate via oneclick root 2.2.1 firmware and 2.6.32.9 kernel build number is SCH-I500.ed01. I would like to know someones exact method theyve done so i can get use to flashing roms and kernels. I've tried several times and messed it up, flashed back to d101 firmware using odin and pretty much put my phone back to normal. I would like to give it another try but i need someone to give me a direct walkthrough on how to get a voodoo kernel and anything you have done id like to try pls pls pls help me through this. give me links to get roms/kernels and i think i have cwmr and is flashable i can do that also but im stuck from there on i always end up messing up and back to square 1:-\!

Reactions: tomc99999

nici1970

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hello

Hi and Welcome to the Fascinate Forum. If you take a look at the first sticky under Fascinate rooting, roms, and hacks, you will see a very detailed walk through. I had alot of questions when I first rooted my phone and all the answers were found in the stickies and throughout the forum. Everyone here is very helpful and always eager to help.
Just remember, follow the instructions exactly and when in doubt check out the forums topics because the answers usually can be found there. And dont be afraid to ask for help. Goodluck and enjoy.

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
yea i,ve spent all day yesterday trying to figure everything out but i kept messing up all i want to do is have a voodoo kernel and superdark rom but i thought i did everything right but i guess not since im posting on here and have no clue what im doing wrong haha. thank you for welcoming me i dont feel so stupid now lol

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
yea i,ve spent all day yesterday trying to figure everything out but i kept messing up all i want to do is have a voodoo kernel and superdark rom but i thought i did everything right but i guess not since im posting on here and have no clue what im doing wrong haha. thank you for welcoming me i dont feel so stupid now lol

The reason you're messing up is that super dark doesn't exist for 2.2 to the best of my knowledge. You're flash a 2.1 rom over an incompatible 2.2 kernel. My signature has a link that will explain all of the little things like that. For how to flash things via CWM, go ahead and read my stick on first time rooting, and follow the instructions for flashing via CWM, only sub the compatible kernel/rom of your choice in place of the ones I point you to. The community rom also comes with both rom and kernel, and would be a good place for you to start.

Bfascinated

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Might be best to wait on the voodoo until you are completely comfortable flashing, and not having any problems with that. Once you can flash using odin or clockwork without any problems, then I would say go ahead and go voodoo. That's just my opinion, but welcome to the forums!!:)

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site

Hard to tell exactly what you've done so far so lets get you to a standard starting point. http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...l-froyo-ed01-packaged-custom-roms-w-root.html

Use the wipe data version and follow the steps exactly. When you boot back up read through this http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...11-kernel-built-source-sound-undervolted.html before trying to flash voodoo.

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
well i am comfortable flashing its not that bad just read i needed red cwm to flash a voodoo kernel wich i was on the blue and then the newest cwm wich is orange but no that i got the red cwm im very interested in running voodoo just need to know what rom handles voodoo or if there is a rom with voodoo kernal already packaged that someone could let me know of and what firmware i need to do so i could flash the package and my problems could be solved haha i flashed the gt 9000 voodoo kernel before and thought it would work but i was stuck at boot load gt9000 screen but i did hear the girl droid haha

Sheepdog Elite

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
well i am comfortable flashing its not that bad just read i needed red cwm to flash a voodoo kernel wich i was on the blue and then the newest cwm wich is orange but no that i got the red cwm im very interested in running voodoo just need to know what rom handles voodoo or if there is a rom with voodoo kernal already packaged that someone could let me know of and what firmware i need to do so i could flash the package and my problems could be solved haha i flashed the gt 9000 voodoo kernel before and thought it would work but i was stuck at boot load gt9000 screen but i did hear the girl droid haha

Voodoo is a function of the kernel and how it handles your internal storage. There is no such thing as a voodoo Rom. If a rom says voodoo then it includes a voodoo kernel. With a voodoo kernel you'll just want to remember that you can't flash a non-voodoo kernel over the top of it. You'll have to disable voodoo before flashing a non-voodoo kernel. It's all ridiculously easy, so just follow the instructions. If you have any more trouble feel free to come on back and hit us up. We're here to help :D

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
thanks for everyones help im probably gonna give it another try on friday when im off work so i can have all day to mess with it ill keep you guys posted on how things go. thanks again i shouldve post on here a long time ago haha

gregchard2

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Thank you all very much for the assistance to let everyone one know I flashed my first rom evil fascination and I love it if only I can get lock gestures to work any help with that? Thank everyone again and thanks for forums:D

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12