[REQ][ODIN] ED01 Radio

wyllic

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
But it's newer! Therefore it MUST be better right? LoL Hey if your phone works why break it right? Unless like me you get bored so you break it just to fix it again. =)

jjcasillas15

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm using EC01 radio and havent had any problems with it. Give it a try. Worse that can happen is you dont like it and flash another.

big_limits

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Went back to dI01, got all ota's and got ed01 radio, odined cw recovery, flashed com rom, then the patches, then whatev other addons I had before wipe all within an hour and a half. Easy peasy. If u want ed01 radio, get it.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Adrynalyne's method worked for me. Load the DL09 tar, then flash EA28 add then do the ED01 upgrade. Have to wipe but might be a good idea anyway. Phone has been great so far for me.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I have the ED01 radio and I'm not sure that it's any better. However since I went through all the trouble of getting it on my phone I like to pretend that it is :p

Sta11i0n

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I went through the whole process to go back to DL09 and update through EA28 then to ED01 to get the radio on my phone, but just flashed EC01 on my girlfriends. Both are running KangBang v1.2 and both perform exactly the same. If you want to go through the steps to get it, go for it. But you won't see any change other than a 1 letter difference in your baseband version.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
The EC01 radio causes my phone to hang on some applications. I ran the speedtest.net app and got negligible results comparing the ED01 and EC01 radios.

For now I am staying bone stock. I think the ED01 radio performs much better. For example in Wordsmith with EC01, every time I would play a word it would cause the app to hang when it was trying to play. This doesn't happen with ED01 radio.

Reactions: alope441

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have seen FCs with the debinged ED01 and trying to use the EC01 radio. It kept acting up for about 5 days and I finally got fed up and got the ED01 modem.

It was shockingly easy if you are familiar with odin and CWM. Just run a backup, flash the DJ05 rom via odin, then boot the phone up and wait for it to star harping on you to update. The EA28 update is fast, the ED01 update is slow (its 100mb). Once the ED01 update is finished, just restore your backed up rom and you are back to normal with the ED01 radio.

I found that it cleared up my FC issues (unless it was the habitual cache clear i did after reloading the backup) but battery life is still pretty dismal.

alope441

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have seen FCs with the debinged ED01 and trying to use the EC01 radio. It kept acting up for about 5 days and I finally got fed up and got the ED01 modem.

It was shockingly easy if you are familiar with odin and CWM. Just run a backup, flash the DJ05 rom via odin, then boot the phone up and wait for it to star harping on you to update. The EA28 update is fast, the ED01 update is slow (its 100mb). Once the ED01 update is finished, just restore your backed up rom and you are back to normal with the ED01 radio.

I found that it cleared up my FC issues (unless it was the habitual cache clear i did after reloading the backup) but battery life is still pretty dismal.

I have seen mixed results on the radios, I guess I'll just do the ED01 route and see what happens.. thanks for the info

Reactions: TedLWJR

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance