My phone wont reboot out of recovery

supermack

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
My fascinate will not reboot out of recovery it keeps looping back to stock recovery. This happened after i installed cwm recovery using odin v1.3. I have tried over and over again to reboot by pressing home over the highlighted section. I have already ordered a replacement but verizons going to ask for this one and they will charge me if they know i rooted it.

Please help.:'-(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My fascinate will not reboot out of recovery it keeps looping back to stock recovery. This happened after i installed cwm recovery using odin v1.3. I have tried over and over again to reboot by pressing home over the highlighted section. I have already ordered a replacement but verizons going to ask for this one and they will charge me if they know i rooted it.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-please-read-post-1-before-posting-forum.html

Post 11 or 12

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

If you are in red cwm and trying to choose reboot phone now, you have to use the power button to make your selection. You use the home button to make a selection in stock blue recovery, but you use the power button to make a selection in red recovery.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That doesnt help please help im 13

Why doesnt it help? you knew enough to try CWM using odin, its the same process just with a stock file provided instead of cwm, it will fix your problem..... But if you are really having trouble i could screen share with you later and do it all for you but im at work so you will have to wait awhile till i have time.

Reactions: supermack

supermack

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I do not Have another recovery i tried downloading roms but the clockwork recovery image wouldnt work so i couldnt install any roms and wen i tried odin i bricked it

supermack

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
i tried to use odin to flash to stock but it wouldnt work im screwed my phone is completely bricked so thank you for your time and sorry for wasting it bye :'(

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i tried to use odin to flash to stock but it wouldnt work im screwed my phone is completely bricked so thank you for your time and sorry for wasting it bye :'(

Your phone is probably not completely bricked. As long as you are getting something on the screen we should be able to get you back.

dark96

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
i sorta had an issue, not of it rebooting out of cwm, but everytime i started up my phone it would go to the samsung logo, and then pop up a phone and a computer icon.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm also going to jump in here because I too tried to flash CWM through Odin just now and it didn't work. I have blue text and when I try to reboot, it goes back to the manual mode screen. I've tried the data reset also and nothing.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I've flashed ROMs before, etc. This has never happened to me before. I am done rooting after this - once I return it to stock and update to Gingerbread I am DONE. But please help. :(

Edit: I am out of recovery. I just flashed the DI01 file. How do I know if I'm unrooted? And how will I get the Gingerbread update now? When I went to About Phone to check for a new update, nothing came up.

Last edited:

Jmac9

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm also going to jump in here because I too tried to flash CWM through Odin just now and it didn't work. I have blue text and when I try to reboot, it goes back to the manual mode screen. I've tried the data reset also and nothing.

Edit: I am out of recovery. I just flashed the DI01 file. How do I know if I'm unrooted? And how will I get the Gingerbread update now? When I went to About Phone to check for a new update, nothing came up

How did you get to DI01? I used DXCs version here a few weeks ago "to start over" and was able to get the EA28 update and then Froyo when it came out.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...acks/64607-how-return-stock-froyo-update.html

This will get you to unroot for sure.

(As far as how will you get Gingerbread......pixie dust and magic potion #9 usually works:D.)

Reactions: Landshark

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante