Any brave souls try out UOT Theme Kitchen?

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Yup. I did that experiment back in December of 2010... only modded my battery. - Kinda cool but I like the whole package.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I gave it a full go just a bit ago, and got a mixed bag of bad results. First off, I went full bore and modded most everything. I let the kitchen cook it, and tried to flash it. When I went to flash it, I got a script error and that the install failed.

I figured no harm no foul right? nope not exactly. Not I have the force close vibrations going on constantly (more than 5 times an hour, even with nothing being used) but nothing ever pop's up to be closed.

I figured that since I have pooched it this far, I am gonna have to do a full install anyway I am gonna keep flashing things until it either needs to be odin'd or until one of the scripts at least run....

I guess I will take it one step at a time.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Could be that I am the only one thinking about this one, and that is cool, maybe it will come up later and help someone else.

I have been cooking and flashing for the better part of the last 6 hours and have had some really good results.

As it sorta stands, it is a trial and error thing. I have had great success with changing almost everything that can be changed this way. The one thing that is still beyond my grasp is the notification panel.

That bugger will not change for anything, kinda like my teenager.

So far I have only used amend scripts, not sure if it is going to make any kind of difference but I just switched to edify (CWM 3.0) and will see if that makes any kind of difference. I am pretty sure that will make it a bit less hit & miss on some things, but really have no idea.

So far no brick so at least I haven't screwed things up too bad.

These are the results of my last test with amend, panel by panel from the UOT:

THe battery changes I made all applied
Black status bar icons applied
Notification Power Buttons did not apply
Nothing in the status bar section of the kitchen applied
on second install, glowing did apply
windows animation did apply (fold)
font pack seems to have applied
Boot animation did apply

BTW: I am using the framework from kangbang 1.3

Last edited: