I have Kaoscinate V6 working

Status
Not open for further replies.

skategeezer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
SU still broken...................
Go ED01 quickly. For ED01 radio
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...70-howto-get-ed01-official-froyo-quickly.html

Flash Voodoo
xda-developers - View Single Post - [KERNEL] [4/15] For TouchWiz and AOSP/CM6/MIUI ROMs - Voodoo Sound+BLN+UV+Misc tweaks
TW_kernel-0415-voodoo.zip

Thanks Droidxcon common sense always wins.
Download this ROM file. (you will not need to flash this)
[ROM] CyanogenMod 6.2.0 BETA - 4/18/11 - xda-developers
Copy pppd_runner to a safe place
The file can be located here.
system\bin\pppd_runner

With Winrar Winzip or whatever you use add the file into the kaosinate-v6.zip file

Flash ROM Kaosinate v6 CM7
[ROM] [CM7] [GINGERBREAD] Kaoscinate V6 - xda-developers

Flash Apps NOTE: Mount system first in CWM
http://android.d3xt3r01.tk/cyanogen/gapps/gapps-gb-20110307-signed.zip

Flash Kernel
OTB-Reloaded Kernel for CM7 This fixes USB to computer mount issue.
[KERNEL][4.28.11][CM7] OTB-Reloaded Kernel - xda-developers

Enjoy

I tried copying superuser.apk and su from zip to zip but it is still broken. We may get a new build tonight anyway depending.........

Last edited:

skategeezer

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry typo. It copies the pppd_runner file missing in Kaoscinate V6 CM7. This fixes the 3G data issue. Saw it on XDA. Works well. Thanks CGriffiths86 for this one.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Sorry typo. It copies the pppd_runner file missing in Kaoscinate V6 CM7. This fixes the 3G data issue. Saw it on XDA. Works well. Thanks CGriffiths86 for this one.

Why dont we just copy the file and add it into Kaoscinate and repackage it so people do not have to flash 2 builds

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Why dont we just copy the file and add it into Kaoscinate and repackage it so people do not have to flash 2 builds

Yeah that would definitely make things easier for folks, especially to avoid confusion and hopefully minimize issues with flashing. I know there are quite a few people interested in this tho, so thank you!

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
hey I will flash anything, but seriously do not want to flash 2 different builds.

Puts it higher up on the radar though. The only thing i really like CM over what we have here is the 10 Billion themes out there for the ROM

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
@skate do you know if Kaoscinate will run with non voodoo kernels?

EDIT: Got it running in one flash , data seems to work fine :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
OTB-Reloaded Kernel for CM7 This fixes USB mount issue.
[KERNEL][4.28.11][CM7] OTB-Reloaded Kernel - xda-developers

3G data fix. Thanks go to CGriffiths86 @ XDA
ADB cp /sdcard/pppd_runner /system/bin/

NOTE: SU broken need to pull then push superuser.apk and su.
Enjoy.

So that kernel mounts the sdcard but it does not work with the adb drivers
I dont want to release this untill know both mounting and adb work. did you check for adb drivers working?

i can also take care of the su and superuser app thing also

FearTheGhost13

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
So that kernel mounts the sdcard but it does not work with the adb drivers
I dont want to release this untill know both mounting and adb work. did you check for adb drivers working?

i can also take care of the su and superuser app thing also

Nice! Working hard I take it? Wish I could offer some assistance, but I definitely don't know enough about this build to help :(

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys.... This sounds like we are getting REAL close to having GB on our Fascinates! Thanks for all the hard work...

My only question (so far) is, what will this give us over Comm Rom 1.3? Are there any real benfits??

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Im pretty sure Kaos and JT got it working as well, people over at XDA were following there tweets and pretty sure they got it back up. They were working toegther im pretty sure. Just havent posted it yet. I for one am waiting for it to be 100% stable all the way.

zombiebot

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've heard about how popular Kaoscinate is, but the local devs (Adryn, DXC, gunnermike just to name a few) make a top notch product. I don't want to detract from your troubleshooting, but besides from personal preference, does this ROM have anything over the current ComROM build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech