Undervolting kernel question.

ThePlasticBling

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
hi. I want to use the Peanut Butta Jelly Time voodoo -100 undervolted kernel. But i keep hearing about asop, edify, and imnuts. the one i downloaded is imnuts. will it work on the ed01 debloated and debinged rom? if it wont, im looking for a kernel that undervolted to at least -75 and has voodoo and will work with my rom. thank you.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Your talking about a whole bunch of different things there. AOSP is the Android Open Source Project, I am gonna say kinda the umbrella for the the whole android platform. Edify is a newer scripting language (amend being the older) for installation of themes, ROMs and the like. IMNUTS is the developer of PBJtime.

To answer your question, yes that kernel will work with the debloated/debinged ROM, and so will the others marked EC01, ED01 and EC10 from post 4 of this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/69962-how-links-themes-roms-kernels-boot-animations-combined-resource-5-15-11-a.html

I would tell you to read through that thread before you make a decision, and remember what DX says, nonvoodoo over voodoo = doodoo, in other words, do not flash a non voodoo kernel over a voodoo kernel or your asking for pain.

APeaceOfStrange

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
hey do u know how to test if the phone is undervolted and voodoo is on?

im not sure if you can check if you are undervolted unless you are on the otb kernel and undervolt it using voltage control.

there are a few ways to check if lagfix is enabled. You can get quadrant standard from the market and run a benchmark test and see what your scores are. If you are under 1000 then voodoo lagfix is not enabled. My voodoo kernel gives me a score in the 1500's.

You can also check in the voodoo menu in red CWM to see if lagfix is enabled, and I believe that the voodoo control app tells you if lagfix is enabled also.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
You can also , and i recommend, downloading the voodoo control from the market. It will tell you if it is enabled and give you quite a bit more useful settings for the kernel. In addition, for the voltage, you should get voltage control from the market as well. It allows you to set custom voltage settings for kernels that support it. There is a whole thread on voltage settings so check that out. Remember that some settings work for most, some for no one. It is very device dependent, I have been playing around with the voltage settings for about a week and havent come up with something that is stable enough to use outside of "stock", I think mine is weird though and just needs to be re-flashed

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ed01 debloated and debinged

You should be able to use OTB with that. Then you will need to download the Voltage Control app from the market. Start out low on the undervolting, -25 on everything from 1000Mhz down then work your way up. Yes, I know ComaVolt is -75 on everything, but different devs, different kernels. Better to start out slow and make sure the kernel works with that ROM and everything else in your set up, then work your way up to further undervolting.

Reactions: ThePlasticBling