Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Just bought a phone...
Received the ED03 OTA...
Rooted the phone...
played around a bit...
renamed all the bloatware to .old

now I am looking to be able to tweak the performance so things like comrom or maybe just a voodoo kernel is appealing...

now, where do I go from here? clockworkmod? which one works? I have read the stickies and while there is some great info...it seems to fall off after the ED01 OTA. (which makes sense since its new) ROM manager seems easy, and my device is in there, but it apparently wont work with froyo. (edify vs. whatever the other language is that I cant remember off hand)

I have had the phone about a week and I am confusing myself I think...someone shed some light or point me in the right direction please, THANKS!

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
ED03 and ED01 are basically the same.. ROM..

The most up to date CWM is located here -> link..

times_infinity has updated all of his versions to 3.x.. you can use the older versions but some of the mount functions do not work properly.. the drawbacks for using 3.x are - older zips (append scripted) will not flash... Almost everyone is now using the newer script language (edify).. when packaging there install scripts. Chances are that if you desire some app, ROM or kernel it is now packaged with edify scripts and will install using 3.x.. I made the switch months ago and have not run into a problem.

Do not use the version of Clockwork in ROM Manager - it will not work correctly with the Fascinate...

You can switch between the CWM versions by using Odin to flash over the version you prefer..

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the help...bouncing between here, xda, and any number of whatever forum I have found with information have me turned around.

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
so im trying to get the right files in the right place...im not sure what flashing the cockworkmod recovery will do since im pretty sure that folder came from ROM manager. do i need to rename the clockworkmod recovery zip to the root of the phone, or hunt down the correct CWM recovery file for froyo and replace that way and then flash the voodoo file after getting into cwm?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
so im trying to get the right files in the right place...im not sure what flashing the cockworkmod recovery will do since im pretty sure that folder came from ROM manager. do i need to rename the clockworkmod recovery zip to the root of the phone, or hunt down the correct CWM recovery file for froyo and replace that way and then flash the voodoo file after getting into cwm?

Just follow the instructions in this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

But in post #3, step 12 use this file instead:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36791/CWM3_Voodoo.tar.md5

This will load the latest CWM 3.0 on your phone and teach you how to use and flash with both ODIN and CWM

Reactions: Final13

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Got the CWM going...wiped the cache and davik...flashed the CommROM 1.3...enabled voodoo...officially freaked my wife out with the talking voodoo lady...and everything seems to be working just fine :)

However, the only issue I did run into was the nandroid backup seemed to not work. Even after wiping the SD card and trying again it failed to load the boot image.

Im not sure what to do about that?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Your have to have battery greater than 95% for the Nandroid Backup to generate the md5 sum. Charge your battery to full, then try it again.

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I ended up flashing CommROM 2.0/OTB 1.5...nandroid worked fine then. I dont recall the battery being that high but it might have been. So far so good, everything seems to be fine with no hiccups so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech