Which clockwork to use?

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the 3-30 fixed cw. Can I install the OTB 1.6 kernel? The pbj undervolted settings have frozen my phone a few times already. Mainly just the camera, but I'd like the ability to be able to adjust the voltages myself. Thanks in advance.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the 3-30 fixed cw. Can I install the OTB 1.6 kernel? The pbj undervolted settings have frozen my phone a few times already. Mainly just the camera, but I'd like the ability to be able to adjust the voltages myself. Thanks in advance.

CWM3 will replace your current one

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site

If you install 1.6 in 2.x, 1.6 OTB comes with is own CWM which is 3.x something OTB. So yes you then would be on 3.x.

Brettdacosta

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
So if I'm willing to make the switch, then just flashing the kermel in cw3-30fix automatically changes in over and applies the kernel? Thanks guys, and what does this mean for me in the future? Sorry. Not really up on the differences and what will happen if I try to flash something with the wrong one. Thanks again.

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
The most up to date CWM is located here -> link..

times_infinity has updated all of his versions to 3.x.. you can use the older versions but some of the mount functions do not work properly.. the drawbacks for using 3.x are - older zips (append scripted) will not flash... Almost everyone is now using the newer script language (edify).. when packaging there install scripts. Chances are that if you desire some app, ROM or kernel it is now packaged with edify scripts and will install using 3.x.. I made the switch months ago and have not run into a problem.

Do not use the version of Clockwork in ROM Manager - it will not work correctly with the Fascinate...

You can switch between the CWM versions by using Odin to flash over the version you prefer..

I flashed that CWM (which is voodoo) then the UKB 2.0 (CommROM). I had to flash the 1.6 kernal individually. I had no issues doing this but make sure you BACK UP! Then wipe data, and both cashes.

Final13

May 28, 2011
Visit site
as far as flashing kernels go, thats all well and good as long as you dont flash nonvoodoo over top of voodoo. you can do this ONLY if you disable the lagfix before doing so. which is CWM under voodoo.

Mangojoyride

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
while were on the subject, anyone have the update.zip thats supposed to go along with 3.x CWM?

it never seems to want to mount my sdcard in clockwork orange for some reason

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You don't use update.zip with CWM 2.5 or 3.x. Both of these flash directly to the recovery partition

Sent from the shark tank using Tapatalk

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
while were on the subject, anyone have the update.zip thats supposed to go along with 3.x CWM?

it never seems to want to mount my sdcard in clockwork orange for some reason

If you have clockwork orange you have the wrong clockwork. The only way to get clockwork orange is through rom manager. Rom manager does not work for the fascinate, so get rid of it and flash times_infinity's cwm

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If you have clockwork orange you have the wrong clockwork. The only way to get clockwork orange is through rom manager. Rom manager does not work for the fascinate, so get rid of it and flash times_infinity's cwm

I have been all over trying to find it, is there only a link on XDA?

I can't find one here.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12