Lag/delay issue on KB 2.0

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to see if anyone else was expirencing this...

Running KB 2.0 with the OTB kernel that was packaged. ED03 Radio.

When ever I long press on one of my home screens to add a widget, shortcut, etc... I tend to experience a long delay after making my selection. Especially when I choose shortcut > applications... sometime I have to wait a full 15 to 20 seconds before the application list populates. Sometimes, the screen goes black and I have to just homekey back to my home screen.

Is there a reason for this? Thanks in advance

Sent from my Fascinate via Tapatalk

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I have a delay of about 3 seconds before I get the App list.

I have not experienced this at all and I even had the release candidates for CommROM2.. Hmm..

Have you cleared the cache/data for the launcher to see if that may help?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My homescreens have been finicky on all the versions of CR. When I rotate the phone, it takes a while for the icons to return. And yeah, I've seen the lag from the long press to add widget, wallpaper, etc., but KB 2.0 fixed that for me. If I had to guess though, I'd say the delay is probably directly related to the number of apps you have installed and where.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
All of my apps are stored on my phone... and I did try the cache/data clear... no help. I am noticing it when ever I am doing anything involving my apps (short cuts to home screen, managing apps in sttings) it takes a really long time to populate the list, display the icons, etc... really not sure why at all

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I have had this "lag" ever since I started flashing roms. My phone does it with just the ROM, using any theme, or using Launcher Pro. It started back in the Super Clean stuff, but I have always had great battery life. It seems these ROM's are affecting every phone a little different

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone else add imput to this? It is becoming boarder line aggravating.... my screen time out, which is set to 30 seconds, is litliterally kicking in before my app list pops up when I try to add a short cut to my home screen.... very frustrated

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah im having the same issue waiting for the list to populate so i can choose a application shortcut to place on the homescreen. I believe it has to do with the amount of apps you have in which itll take longer for having more of them. Im running LP sense and ive always had this issue with LP so im pretty much used to it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay