Lost 3G icon......

nici1970

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So I was messing around with my phone and stupidly went back to stock,via odin, coming from COMMROM 2.0 because of issues with my 3g. I just wanted to make sure that it had nothing to do with a compatible theme I had installed. Well....still no 3g icon, and no 3g service. My husband has a droid 2 and I checked his to make sure it wasnt a service issue. It wasnt. I called verizon and they are sending me a new phone tomorrow. My question is this, 3g will pop up, make a connection, then go 3g-d then whole icon disappears. On the screen it says your phone is not provisioned to receive data. With that beeing said, will they be able to tell that I rooted my phone although it has been odin'd back because of this message? Or is this just a message even an unrooted person would get with the issues of 3g? Thanks in advanced....And I cant wait to get COMMROM 2.0 on the new fascinate!! I know its the phone and not the wonderful work you all do!!!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So I was messing around with my phone and stupidly went back to stock,via odin, coming from COMMROM 2.0 because of issues with my 3g. I just wanted to make sure that it had nothing to do with a compatible theme I had installed. Well....still no 3g icon, and no 3g service. My husband has a droid 2 and I checked his to make sure it wasnt a service issue. It wasnt. I called verizon and they are sending me a new phone tomorrow. My question is this, 3g will pop up, make a connection, then go 3g-d then whole icon disappears. On the screen it says your phone is not provisioned to receive data. With that beeing said, will they be able to tell that I rooted my phone although it has been odin'd back because of this message? Or is this just a message even an unrooted person would get with the issues of 3g? Thanks in advanced....And I cant wait to get COMMROM 2.0 on the new fascinate!! I know its the phone and not the wonderful work you all do!!!

The 3G problems have been well documented in the forums as being a verizon problem. Once you flashed back to stock, they cannot tell you were ever rooted, so you are safe. A call to verizon tech support and an ESN swap by them would have likely restored your 3G service.

Reactions: nici1970

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

If you Odin'd back to stock there should be no superuser, custom ROM, kernel, or deleted stock apps.. they will never know..

Reactions: nici1970

nici1970

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
They did do the swap and then the phone was really loopy.....my status bars would be 1 one second then 4 the next second while the phone sat in the same position. Thats when they decided to go ahead and swap out my phone. I also left out that I switched to an old phone before calling them today fully deactivated the fascinate, ran the old phone for about 5 min then reactivated the fascinate...all ending with the same 3g icon coming and going.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
They did do the swap and then the phone was really loopy.....my status bars would be 1 one second then 4 the next second while the phone sat in the same position. Thats when they decided to go ahead and swap out my phone. I also left out that I switched to an old phone before calling them today fully deactivated the fascinate, ran the old phone for about 5 min then reactivated the fascinate...all ending with the same 3g icon coming and going.

oh, ok. well you will be fine on returning your old phone. Hope the new one works better for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463