[ROM][Repost][06/05/11] Comm ROM 2.1 (UKB) from TSM **Updated 06/20/11**

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I checked with nitsuj17 and he told me I was fine to repost the beginning of the Comm ROM thread over here at AC. I know some people here may not have an XDA account or have enough posts there yet to download or whatever. So here are the first six posts from the Comm ROM 2.0 thread that contain the changelog, installation and bug reporting instructions, patches, and current themes. I removed the quotes that show these were all originally posted by nitsuj17 so it looks better and is easier to read, but he is the original author of these posts:

Original content can be found here: [Rom]{6.5.11}[ED01] ComRom 2.0 (ukb) *added a few patches - xda-developers

**Update 06/15 - Check post #7 for upcoming changes and future plans**
**Update 06/20 - UKB 2.1 patch added to downloads section

SbrissenMod-Icon.jpg
Presents
Ultimate KangBang 2.1
A Community Rom​

***Welcome to ComRom 2.0! This is an extension of the previous thread here...which I think we can all agree become an unmanageable crapfest real quick :rolleyes:***

*The op consists of several posts, in my attempt to better manage the rom going forward.

***6.20.11: (probable) last release for froyo...version 2.1 is up...see posts below for changelog and download...its a patch to flash on top of 2.0...no need to wipe, just flash over...then on to gb!

-2.0 is by no means the "final" version of com rom...we already have several things in the works for 2.1+ (sbrissen is a "smali beast" as someone once said) :)

*So what is Com Rom/UKB then? Basically it was the next stage in adrynalyne's superclean roms which have been going since dl09 (and since dio1 through jt1134). Its a stripped down version of touchwiz (in this case ED01 froyo) with enhancements/mods/themes...basically more functionality.

Highlights:
*ED01
*3 versions (2 with voodoo kernels, 1 with no kernel)
*includes TSM Parts (multiple lockscreen options, status bar tweaks, spare parts)
*first froyo rom on sgs phone (i think) to have sgs2 lockscreen
*gingerbread themed (about as detouchwizzed as you can get)
*modded gb launcher2
*see changelogs for full list of functions/changes

Credits:
adrynalyne
sbrissen
gizmodroid
nemesis2all
imnuts
omj
andmer
psykdup
sunder74
thefunkbot
gunnermike
nitsuj17

Major Thanks To:
jt1134
chopperthedog
times_infinity (squash)
thatdudebutch
bendbowden
landshark
dtatchd
dmitt25 for the tsm picture
the3dman (for gb kb)
all the testers
everyone in #teamsbrissenmod

Personally I dont accept donations (im happy if you just hit the thanks button)...but if you feel so inclined to, adrynalyne and sbrissen are the real forces behind this rom :)

DONATE Adrynalyne

DONATE Sbrissen

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
FAQ
(will be updated as questions/issues arise as well)

Q: Who/What is TSM/TeamSbrissenMod
A: Short version: a few of from xda/irc who work on projects together and generally just hang out in irc a lot
A: Longer version: we started it as a joke (see the early @teamsbrissenmod tweets for an idea), but then bendbowden started making vanilla aosp mods and releasing under the TSM banner. In the lull between ec10 for the mez and EC01/ED01 Adrynalyne asked if a few of us wanted to team up for the next version of whatever rom he did post-superclean and TSM went from there. Its named after sbrissen, because hes ridiculously smart and talented...and deserves all the kudos you can give him. :)

Q: I'm on RCxx from testing...should I bother upgrading to 2.0 final? I don't want to wipe again!
A: Umm, I guess that depends on what version you are on. If you are on RC1...then I would say absolutetly! The fc bug from sgs2 lockscreen is present and I'd imagine you want to fix that. RC2 fixes that. RC3 fixes the empty space on the status bar where the clock should be after a data wipe. Final version fixes music in the car cradle.

Q: Which version of the rom do you recommend?
A: Again..it depends on what you want. If you are someone who has no interest in overclocking but likes to run some undervolt without having to tinker around, try the pbj variants (try -50 first, then -100...many can't run the latter). If you like overclocking or enjoy setting the steps/voltage then go with the OTB version. Or if you have other kernel preferences just flash the no kernel version and use one of jt1134's kernels, or times_infinity's comavolt!

Q: I don't like how you themed (insert app) or why did you use (insert app) instead of (insert app)!!!!!! WHY DID YOU DO THIS?!?!?!
A: Frankly you can't please everyone. Many of the theming decisions or using aosp apps instead of samsung or vice versa just came down to what we (or in theme case me) felt worked best with the rom. I doubt more than a handful of people would run the EXACT same setup (down to each individual apk) if they were given the choice. We try and accomodate people through patches as best we can.

Q: Swype expired, whats going on????
A: Sorry, someone took care of swype for us...so we werent tracking it...there are patches out there, I will link to one of them tomorrow when I have time to sift through.

Q: I hate ec09!!! Please tell me you will continue to be working on froyo versions!
A: Umm...well sorry :eek: ...at this time we are only planning on TW Gingerbread releases going forward...yes eco9 is buggy, but at least imo still good enough to be on (sdcard and usb debugging issues are a pita, i admit)

Q: How can I fix the fc on calendar notifications?
A: Go into calendar--settings--select default ringtone...and pick something other than the default one

Known Issues
*deskcradle will not work with rom
*when you first select MIUI lockscreen if you are plugged in, it will say "connect charger" just disconnect and reconnect and its fine
*MIUI lockscreen when plugged in will tend to run your processor at or near maximum mhz. (seems to do this on most phones)..you may choose not to use it when plugged in
*LP users, will have an initial issue with contacts..see chopper's fix here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=14474899&postcount=5
*build.prop is incorrect for version 2.1...it still says UKB 2.0 (my bad) *6.24
*swype version used in rom has expired, will post patch soon
*calendar fc on google cal apt ringtone notification (doesnt happen to everyone, see faq for fix)

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Changelog

6.4.11: fixed pbj 50 flash (script was off) and added -100 5/31 pbj version as well
6.6.11: added patches, updated faqs/known issues
6.8.11: added patch for theme miuimusic and compatible car cradle...wont delete sammy music for sgs2 lockscreen, but car cradle wont work with sammy music
6.20.11: version 2.1 is out! see below

[NOTE]2.1 Patch *6.20.11 (must flash on top of 2.0, no kernel included)
- Lockscreen Wallpapers
- MIUI 1.5.27 Lock (gingerbread version)
- Custom Carrier Text in expanded statusbar
- Custom Lockscreen Text (replaces carrier text)
- SGS2 Music Widget added to all Locks
- Custom Lockscreen timeout
- Enable/Disable Volume Wake
- No/disable Lockscreen option
- Fix Framework for TW3 launcher
- Updates to TSM Parts
- Custom TouchKey Backlight timeout
- fix alarm status bar icon bug
- latest maps
- latest google voice (1x4 widgets still)[/NOTE]

[NOTE](2.0) Full Rom 6.3.11
*3 versions: otb, pbj, no kernel (voltage control included with otb version)
*otb 1.5, pbj 5/31
*added sgs2 lockscreen
* tw mms for sgs2 lockscreen (themed)
* tw music for sgs2 lockscreen (themed)
*aosp versions of both available as patches (notifications wont work on sgs2 lock with those)
*modded google voice widgets to default to 1x4 instead of 1x3 (launcher2 cant stretch them like adw can)
*tsm protips added
*aosp filemanager built from source replaces my files
*miui lockscreen music controls next button fixed
*ic_menu icons for virtually all apks changed to lighter grey to look better with black menus/popups
*service.jar fixed to allow for default_wallpaper to work?this will get rid of the black/empty background on data wipes and allow themers to change wallpaper that flashes with theme
*latest google maps
*themed tsm android market (not version from 1.0, updated)
*revert to 1.2 swype gb theme, gunnermikes tsm version available as a patch
*stock aosp deskclock added
*removed Samsung clockpackage, info/news widget, thinkfreeoffice (available as patches)
*hide alarm from status bar added to tsm parts
*add time next to date on status bar added to tsm parts
*changed epic lockscreen image to lense image from cm and moved it down to look right...its not the lense lockscreen!
*revert to themed tw browser from modded cm one (too many issues currently)
*fix clock color in status on data/ wipe (previously just blank space)..defaults to white now[/NOTE]

Old: (pre 2.0)
Code:
(1.3) Full Rom 5.7.11
-------------
Updated frameworks to include newest sbrissen/tsm mods
Included modified cm6 browser from the epic 4g with 20+ tabs and built in user-agent [url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=976194][ROM]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.1.0 (Takiya) :: EC05/1.3ghz/NoCheckboarding :: 3/27 - xda-developers[/url]
Renamed gingerbread keyboard package name to remove issue for themers
Fixed duplicate gmail issue
Restored stock market theme (stop crying about it now)
Status bar color changer - For clock and other mods to show text color must be changed from black to another color in Statusbar Settings/Text color" in TSMparts (will not take effect until reboot)
MIUI shtuffs-- MIUI lockscreen, MIUI sms handle is now customzizable from tsm parts lockscreen app setting
OTB 1.4 kernel
Launcher now works with orientation sensor
Puzzle answer is now available as an option in tsm settings

(1.2) Patch
-------------
Updated car cradle theming.
Thinkfree office removed, google docs added in place of it.
Attempted calendar fix. Sorry folks, this is a tough one because we cannot reproduce it.
Added ad blocking.
New kernel from nemesis2all!
Includes all fixes from 1.1.

(1.1) Patch
-------------
Updated swype theme.
Google voice status bar icon fixed.
Added Samsung keypad.
Fixed Desk Cradle, now uses aosp music player and google voice search.
Removed shutdown audio.
Removed aosp Desk Cradle.
Add backed Samung alamr app (infoalarm).
Backup Assistant is back, which also enables Setup Wizard again.
Removed extraneous files from Samsung dialer.
Some build.prop tweaks.

(1.0) Initial Release
-------------
Voodoo only.
ED01 based.
Debinged entirely, debloated.
Edify compatible.
Awesome kernel from nemesis2all, including voltage control support included in Rom.
Supports accelerometer calibration.
Stay awake options enabled in Development settings.
Reboot options from power button.
Dial Up Networking mode enabled in Wireless settings.
GPS enhanced framework(requires data wipe initially).
Modified GPS.conf.
Volume keys wake phone.
Car cradle supports aosp music app.
Camera supports power button to snap and geotagging.
Lockscreen mods, including music controls.
Configurable top bar mods to hide battery, show DBM, and more!
Aosp music, Aosp mms app.
Working long press of search.
Gingerbread inspired theme.
Auto rotating Launcher.
Busybox 1.19.
Sqlite3.
Gingerbread keyboard.
Latest swype, themed.
Download Crutch enables downloads of all types.
Nexus shutdown animation, ringtones, etc.
rw, ro, bstats,fast_media, default_media and fxpms scripts.
Microbes live Wall from Nexus S.

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Instructions

Installing Com Rom
1. download rom version of your choice
2. move to your sdcard
3. boot into cwr (3.0 preferred..should work with 2.5 but edify scripts can be nasty with it sometimes..testers say it worked though)
4. wipe data/cache/davlik cache (if you dont, expect issues...and also dont bother bug reporting..we wont help you!)
5. select install from sdcard
6. select rom .zip
7. reboot
8. wait 5+ minutes for phone to boot up (it takes awhile)
9. profit (or not if it bootloops)

Also, great article on why wiping anything in cwr (data/cache/davlik) more than once is pointless: http://cvpcs.org/blog/2011-06-05/time_to_wipe_data/cache

(I would go further to say dont flash **** from people who tell you to wipe data 3X Times...but im a jerk)

***ADB!!!!

for those that don't have the Android SDK installed (or know what it is) Adrynalyne made an awesome tutorial <--- check it out!

For Reporting Issues:
(If you Do Not follow these instruction exactly, we will ignore your pleas for help!)

1) post your exact setup (version of com rom, kernel, voltage settings, any other mods you did flash)

2) did you wipe data/cache/davlik cache before flashing the rom

3) what rom/setup did you flash com rom over

4) what is your *specific* problem...not "omgz ma ****z be borked yo"...that helps no one and frankly is annoying to see...

5) ive said this 500 times already, but hey whats once more? POST AN ADB LOGCAT OF YOUR YOUR BOOTLOOP/FORCE CLOSE PROBLEMS/ETC...it aint hard

cd your adb folder

then

Code:
adb logcat > logcat.txt
-this creates a text file in your adb folder in the sdk (tools or platform-tools, w/e) post it in a pastebin and link the pastebin here or post it from dropbox or something

for the less sdk literate folks (and really im tempted to say if you dont have adb, dont flash stuff...but umm...i wont)

you can use terminal emulator on your phone to logcat (obviously not when booting to diagnose bootloops, but can help with force closes)

Code:
logcat > /sdcard/logfile.txt

-this creates a file on your sdcard...copy it to your computer and pastebin/dropbox it

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Downloads

***New*** 6.20.11

Com Rom (froyo) 2.1 (patch, must flash on top of 2.0, no need to wipe): http://www.multiupload.com/7Q8BWG8NWN
md5: 725f94fa1cad7e562a767cd61ecd590b

Full Roms w/ Kernels

*Fixed* UKB 2.0 with -50 PBJ Voodoo Kernel ***6.4.11 (script fixed)
md5: 1092A4F02F668521D633670A80BA127C

UKB 2.0 with -100 PBJ *6.4.11 (many phones cannot run this kernel)
md5: 369579739FF3CA10144300B78BFBCC9C

UKB 2.0 with OTB 1.5 Voodoo Kernel
md5: 5118f303b7b32c080c1a7331ca34b936

Full Roms (no kernel)

UKB 2.0
md5: 6e982ed5c98f25383fc80ce1fd48bc6d

Patches:
(flash in cwr)

gb themed and inverted miuimusic and compatible car cradle (wont delete samsung music): http://www.mediafire.com/?ls6p8dal8a9n6gs *6.8.11

samsung screen capture service: http://www.multiupload.com/V45065Z5OA

non accurate battery version (no batt %) (flash after rom!): http://www.multiupload.com/O1RFG508FF

***updated***tw clock package, my files, and info alarm (deletes aosp deskclock as well): http://www.multiupload.com/Y1IRKTC9PG *6.6.11

aosp music and compatible carcradle (wont work with sgs2 lockscreen!): http://www.multiupload.com/QU38KQMC83

rotating dialer and phone.apk (phone only works in car dock): http://www.multiupload.com/S95MEW048A

rotate-1-1.png

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Themes:

***We will be highlighting a compatible 2.0 theme every few days***

6.9.11 STEELBLUE_v3.0 from GrainOsand

aefc55ed-4e35-bb3d.jpg
aefc4037-08e6-4e90.jpg

Thefunkbot Themes for UKB 2.0:

Touchwiz4 Theme:

TouchWiz4 v3.0 for comm rom 2.1 with Touchwiz status bar: http://www.mediafire.com/?g1tbgwtoruaoqfb

TouchWiz4 v3.0 for comm rom 2.1 with Black status bar: http://www.mediafire.com/?150ls75qs6ei1cd

Crysis Revolution:

Crysis for Community Rom 2.1 w/ Normal battery v4.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?tc662jp9l2b2j97

Crysis for Community Rom 2.1 w/ Circle battery v4.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?oo5so0guacvw740

Gunnermike Themes:

Black Alien Version 4.1 - Comm ROM 2.1

Blue Midnight Version 3.0

Red Volt Version 3.0

White Chrome Version 3.0

Fascinate Detox 2.2 - Comm ROM 2.1

Grainosand Themes:

Blue Steel 3.0

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Info about upcoming releases 6.15.11

Thought I would change things up a bit here after highlighting some themes for awhile. Since people are always pm-ing us (i know i get several) here or in irc....I will be updating things that will most likely (no guarantees) make it into future com rom versions:

*Anticipated Additions/Changes in 2.1* (thanks sbrissen!)

- Lockscreen Wallpapers
- MIUI 1.5.27 Lock (gingerbread version)
- Custom Carrier Text in expanded statusbar
- Custom Lockscreen Text (replaces carrier text)
- SGS2 Music Widget added to all Locks
- Custom Lockscreen timeout
- Enable/Disable Volume Wake
- No/disable Lockscreen option
- Fix Framework for TW3 launcher
- Updates to TSM Parts
- Custom TouchKey Backlight timeout
- switch to OTB 1.6 for OTB version of rom

*Long term Plans* (ukb 2.2+)
(may or may not happen for various reasons)

-scrollable widget support in launcher2?
-multiple theme support (3?) from tsm parts (basically rom would have 2-3 extra frameworks and some apps that flash to the sdcard or /system and then can be selected from within settings)?

Last edited:

MHB1638

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Been using this for 24 hours now and it seems like descent ROM to use, can't really complain, haven't gotten much time with it to see how it responds. One problem I've noticed is Weatherbug FC on me. Done it nonstop. IDK. It's the only app that's doing it.

I'd like to point out that the TW4 above theme FC on the camera, so to me its not a useable theme at all. I really liked it but not having a camera sucks. I went back to the standard 2.0 Rom theme and camera works fine. Hopefully they will get that fixed soon.

EDIT: I'm hoping this version has a stable Bluetooth to it. My phone & my wife's phone, using 1.3 ROM, would intermittently drop off the grid using bluetooth in our vehicles. Start vehicle, there it was. Then it was gone. But phone still showed it connected. And at times I'd get a FC from it saying Pandora caused it. So, IDK if that got fixed or not.

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Any chance that this will be able to be flashed over CommRom 1.3 in the future or is the full data wipe always going to be a prerequisite? Our second child is due any day now and I can't be spending time horsing around with my phone... my wife would literally kill me.

adamklo

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Any chance that this will be able to be flashed over CommRom 1.3 in the future or is the full data wipe always going to be a prerequisite? Our second child is due any day now and I can't be spending time horsing around with my phone... my wife would literally kill me.

I flashed 2.0 right over 1.3 without a data wipe. No ill-effects have surfaced thus far (2 days in). Make sure you wipe cache and dalvik, though.

My phone talks to computers.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
As far as kernel vs no kernal... I'm either not smart enough or don't have enough experience to do any of the undervolting or overclocking. So in that case do I just do the one with no kernel? And I can just flash it over 1.3?

Reactions: mgsfoxhound2

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
As far as kernel vs no kernal... I'm either not smart enough or don't have enough experience to do any of the undervolting or overclocking. So in that case do I just do the one with no kernel? And I can just flash it over 1.3?

You can either do the no kernel one to keep the kernel you have now, or flash one of the PBJ versions ( I would recommend the -50mv one as not many phones can handle the -100mv UV), and you can flash it straight over 1.3. Just pay attention to the instructions when it comes to wiping.

Reactions: jampot and Snareman

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
But Sharky, the wipe instructions call for a data wipe. Are you saying that a dalvik and cache wipe are sufficient if coming from V1.3 or not?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You can either do the no kernel one to keep the kernel you have now, or flash one of the PBJ versions ( I would recommend the -50mv one as not many phones can handle the -100mv UV), and you can flash it straight over 1.3. Just pay attention to the instructions when it comes to wiping.

Thanks. I'll try it tomorrow night when I get home from work.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
But Sharky, the wipe instructions call for a data wipe. Are you saying that a dalvik and cache wipe are sufficient if coming from V1.3 or not?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

I would say a wipe of all three is necessary. I wiped all three before AND after flashing the ROM and have had no troubles. The ROM developers are recommending a full wipe when flashing 2.0. I do the full wipe before because I like to load the ROM on a clean slate. I wiped data after the flash due to the instructions from Adrynalyne for the previous builds that I figured carried over to the subsequent builds and that was a data wipe after flashing the ROM to enable the GPS enhanced framework. A dalvik wipe after is to help load the kernel plus I used the ext4 formatter and the dalvik wipe after using that supposedly helps that formatting. And as long as I was wiping the other two after I may as well wipe cache to make sure I was completely clean before booting. I wiped before and after during testing in flashing all three versions (the pbj -100 version was not out at testing time), and when i did the install of the final version and I had zero problems and I came from 1.3. So the recommendation is full wipe.

ETA - You are still flashing over 1.3. From reading your earlier post I'm not sure if you fully understand what a data wipe actually wipes. A data wipe clears all personal data from the phone (contacts, sms and mms messages, call logs, and any apps that did not come pre-loaded on the phone. You can be on CR 1.3, do a data/cache/dalvik wipe, reboot the phone and you will still be on CR 1.3 with the same kernel and modem you had before the wipe, you just won't have any of the personal data I listed above. And none of these wipes touches the sd card either, so whatever is on your sd card does not get touched during any of these three wipes.

Last edited:

hillview

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same FC's with Weatherbug and I also have an alarm notification in the status bar even if no alarm is set? Any fix for either of these yet?