[ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stock package

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
This is not a Debloated/Debinged version. This is a custom ROM already from navenrob. I think a lot of us are looking for a packaged Debloated/Deodexed/Debinged, without any customization and especially NON VOODOO! I hope someone can get this out. I would jump on it in a heartbeat!

This is all I want too. I just want the stock ROM with the crap removed. I like all the TouchWiz stuff.

Reactions: willenium_1217

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Well said I was going to wait but curosity got me( I know it kills cats). Odined it, rooted with the latest superuser program then used TB for all my apps and freezing the bloat.

It's actually running pretty good. First thing I noticed was my 3G signal is alot better than Froyo. Also noticed it is not as "snappy" as UKB 2 but nothing to really to complain about (yet).

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Well said I was going to wait but curosity got me( I know it kills cats). Odined it, rooted with the latest superuser program then used TB for all my apps and freezing the bloat.

It's actually running pretty good. First thing I noticed was my 3G signal is alot better than Froyo. Also noticed it is not as "snappy" as UKB 2 but nothing to really to complain about (yet).

I am running it stock and full bloat... haven't decided to root it yet. I too thought I noticed the signal was stronger so I am glad someone else mentioned something.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I would love to do this but I am more of a One Click Root kind of guy and as far as I am aware, there is no such thing yet for GB.

Gingerbreak requires literally one command from the command line, and then a few clicks on the phone to get it to run. Really easy stuff.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Gingerbreak requires literally one command from the command line, and then a few clicks on the phone to get it to run. Really easy stuff.

Please let me know where I can find that info. The only thing I have seen is this;

ROOTING GINGERBREAD

To root your phone is a very simple process and those of us around long enough will recognize this.

you will need adb
and download the following file: Download

1) unpack the contents of the above zip into c:/android-sdk/tools/
2) open a command terminal and go to c:/android-sdk/tools
3) type - adb push su /data/local
4) type - adb push Superuser.apk /data/local
5) type - adb shell
6) type - mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/stl19 /system
7) type - cat /data/local/su > /system/xbin/su
8) type - chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
9) type - cat /data/local/Superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk
10) type chmod 755 /system/app/Superuser.apk
11) reboot

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Please let me know where I can find that info. The only thing I have seen is this;

ROOTING GINGERBREAD

To root your phone is a very simple process and those of us around long enough will recognize this.

you will need adb
and download the following file: Download

1) unpack the contents of the above zip into c:/android-sdk/tools/
2) open a command terminal and go to c:/android-sdk/tools
3) type - adb push su /data/local
4) type - adb push Superuser.apk /data/local
5) type - adb shell
6) type - mount -o remount,rw -t rfs /dev/block/stl19 /system
7) type - cat /data/local/su > /system/xbin/su
8) type - chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
9) type - cat /data/local/Superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk
10) type chmod 755 /system/app/Superuser.apk
11) reboot

I guess I oversimplified a tiny bit... If you have adb installed (plus the samsung drivers) which themselves are one-click operations, then the rooting with gingerbreak is the following command:

adb push c:\wherever\gingerbreak.apk /sdcard/gingerbreak.apk

Then go to the phone, enable "unknown apps", open up the file browser and click on gingerbreak to install it. Once that's done, run gingerbreak, and it will give you a button to "root". THEN it's a one-click kind of operation. Good luck ;-)

Oh, almost forgot. Note to all: be super careful when using ADB and mounted SDcard partitions. I did a simple write to the (pc-unmounted) sd card using an adb command, followed shortly by going to the phone and telling it to pc-mount the sdcard (so i could pull the file i just created) and it nuked my sdcard. Good thing I made a backup!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000