[ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stock package

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I probably shouldn't talk too soon but the battery life with the new rom+radio seems to be a HUGE improvement. I am still over 80% for the day (unplugged 6.5 hrs ago) and normally, with CommRom I would be lucky to have 50% left by this time of day. If this keeps up I might actually make it to bedtime without needing a boost. Amazing! Just amazing!

Edit: 3 hours later and the battery meter has only dropped a few percent. Any other day of the week, 3 hours is at least 20% of my battery life when I'm at my desk. There is definitely something GREAT about this rom...

Last edited:

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I probably shouldn't talk too soon but the battery life with the new rom+radio seems to be a HUGE improvement. I am still over 80% for the day (unplugged 6.5 hrs ago) and normally, with CommRom I would be lucky to have 50% left by this time of day. If this keeps up I might actually make it to bedtime without needing a boost. Amazing! Just amazing!

Edit: 3 hours later and the battery meter has only dropped a few percent. Any other day of the week, 3 hours is at least 20% of my battery life when I'm at my desk. There is definitely something GREAT about this rom...

Yeah i think its a tad bit to early to talk about battery life, even though im agreeing with you so far. Unplugged my phone at 730, my battery is at 88%. BAM!

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have the built in email app working with Exchange? Is it a lot of apps that don't show in the market or a select few?

I want to give it a try but this is my phone for work so I need certain things to work like Email, Calendar, Navigation with Google Maps, etc.

Should I hold off? I see the Nameless ROM is having quite a few issues. ARe they present in the stock ROM also?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Great question! I also would like to know how please...

Sideloading is easy. All you have to do is download an apk (like Netflix) to your SD card and select it in my files. It will pop up the same install dialog you get when you're installing something from the Amazon Market. Install and you're good to go! Just make sure the apks you're downloading are legit.

Reactions: taglish123

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have the built in email app working with Exchange? Is it a lot of apps that don't show in the market or a select few?

I want to give it a try but this is my phone for work so I need certain things to work like Email, Calendar, Navigation with Google Maps, etc.

Should I hold off? I see the Nameless ROM is having quite a few issues. ARe they present in the stock ROM also?

Exchange works great with the default email client. There is one feature it doesn't have that I would like and that is to go back to the inbox after deleting a message as opposed to going to the next message.

EDIT: I did notice that when forwarding messages from my Gmail account on the stock email client, it comes over as text into my PC's Outlook inbox.

Last edited:

Phattmatt68

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Sideloading is easy. All you have to do is download an apk (like Netflix) to your SD card and select it in my files. It will pop up the same install dialog you get when you're installing something from the Amazon Market. Install and you're good to go! Just make sure the apks you're downloading are legit.
Didn't think of doing it that way, I downloaded it to my computer and just used AC SWM to put it on my phone. Installed and is working flawlessly! :D

park_timmy

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I am really thinking of flashing to GB. With the stock Odin package does it matter if you are currently running VooDoo? I am thinking it will format and flash over everything.

also anyway to link to the netflix on XDA?

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I am really thinking of flashing to GB. With the stock Odin package does it matter if you are currently running VooDoo? I am thinking it will format and flash over everything.

Flashing the stock GB with Odin will wipe everything. It includes it's own modem and kernel.

Last edited:

Phattmatt68

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I just did a google search for Netflix Android, and found one there. Then I downloaded the top .apk, installed with Sideload Wonder Machine and it is running fine. The other .apk's are for auto-rotation, haven't messed with them yet.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Yeah, ODINing the EC09 leak will overwrite everything, voodoo or not, so you're ok with that. As for the netflix link, I don't remember seeing it here, so I'm hoping this is okay...

[APP][Updated 6/21/11] Official Netflix - xda-developers

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Here are just some of my findings:

Sounds do not work on notifications. I have tried this on Notifications volume same as incoming calls and with out that option.

When I forward an email (HTML) it is sent as text.

Neither of these are deal breakers for me (yet) as I do find the improved signal the best feature and for that alone it is worth keeping this leak.

So what you are saying its that none of the notifications work? text, email,? Does the phone ring?

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i think its a tad bit to early to talk about battery life, even though im agreeing with you so far. Unplugged my phone at 730, my battery is at 88%. BAM!

It was just SO agonizing with every new froyo build seeming to be worse on battery life than the last. Switching to GB has been an absolutely night and day difference for me, I actually left my office with about 75% left. On any other day with froyo, no matter what, I would be getting low-battery popups (20% or less) by the time I left work. I hope today wasn't a fluke and this rom is even close to as good as it seems to be...

So what you are saying its that none of the notifications work? text, email,? Does the phone ring?

I noticed on occasion the notification noise got truncated when it was supposed to be doing an email or SMS beep. It almost sounded like it didnt play at all a few times. I think there are some minor audio issues with this rom, but nothing too bad (at least for me).

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

I would make sure you disable voodoo before flashing a non-voodoo kernel, just to be safe.

Reactions: park_timmy

anon268366

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well it doesn't have touchwiz stuff (i feel your pain) but there is a rom that's basically this, deodexed, rooted, minus bing, bloat, and touchwiz...

[ROM][6.20.2011]NAMELESS v4 - based on EC09 Gingerbread Leak - xda-developers
I am trying to flash the Rom in the link. I have GB installed and can ODIN the recovery in the link but then I am at a lose at how to flash a ROM. I have searched the forums and Google but am just getting confused as how to flash a ROM, can anyone help me out or post a link with directions?

bigjobber69

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to flash the Rom in the link. I have GB installed and can ODIN the recovery in the link but then I am at a lose at how to flash a ROM. I have searched the forums and Google but am just getting confused as how to flash a ROM, can anyone help me out or post a link with directions?

Link to flashing via CWM....Read carefully and thoroughly http://forum.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/66202-how-install-use-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html

Reactions: anon268366

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

You flash the ROM through clockworkmod recovery (CWM) You need to use the CWM linked int the OP of the ROM thread. Just click the link in my signature below for instructions on how to flash ROMs through CWM.

Reactions: anon268366

park_timmy

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
ok, just flashed from ComRom 2.1, I already remember why I never liked the look of the original SMS/MMS app from samsung. Is there a way to flash the sms app from 2.1 on to this?

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed Gingerbread, Rooted, and pulled all my apps with Titanium BU.

Having Netflix is pretty awesome. Now I won't have to spend several hours converting movies with Handbrake.:cool:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay