[ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stock package

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stoc

There have been so many problems with the EC09 leak, you might be better off using ODIN to go to stock EB01 first and use the atlas 2.2 pit file with it to repartition, then flash the CR 2.0 ODIN, then you can even flash the EC09 modem on top of that.

I Odined the EB01 when I went back to ComRom but didn't install the 2.2 pit file. What have I missed by not doing that?

mm247

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the help Shark, I got it working and loaded the EC09 modem, so far so good. Although I went to recovery from the shut down menu and got red lettering that was extremely small and hard to read with larger yellow text that was incomplete on the right side that seemed to try to imply FAIL and also what looked like the green Android figure in the back ground, weird. I rebooted again and got back to blue recovery and then to red recovery and didn't see those images again. I looked at my SD Card through file manager and can still see some strange symbols next to files the won't open but my apps are still there and seem to work, although I lost some pictures. Thanks again for the help, it got a little scary there for a while.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

I looked at my SD Card through file manager and can still see some strange symbols next to files the won't open but my apps are still there and seem to work, although I lost some pictures. Thanks again for the help, it got a little scary there for a while.

I had a strange incident like that after a FC-reboot (these seem to happen about every 2 days.) I opened My Files to see if my SD card was toast, and there were like 1000 files with crazy character names. I went to Storage control, unmounted, remounted, then went back in to My Files and all the crazy character files were gone and things were back to normal.

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I threw in an old 2GB SD card and reinstalled the GB leak. (I flashed it without the SD card installed and when I put the card in I immediately formatted it.)

I am off tomorrow so I am going to play around a bit and see how it does.

I have not rooted it and have downloaded a few of my everyday use apps.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I Odined the EB01 when I went back to ComRom but didn't install the 2.2 pit file. What have I missed by not doing that?

The pit file realigns your partitions. Think of your phone as a pair of cargo pants with multiple pockets. The linings or dividers between those pockets are the partitions. Sometimes after a lot of flashing the partitions get skewed and files or parts of files don't end up in the right place. Using the pit file when doing a clean wipe with a stock build like DL09 or EB01 realigns the partitions to where they need to be so everything ends up where it should be and you usually end up with fewer FC's and wonky files.

sfobrien

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

The pit file realigns your partitions. Think of your phone as a pair of cargo pants with multiple pockets. The linings or dividers between those pockets are the partitions. Sometimes after a lot of flashing the partitions get skewed and files or parts of files don't end up in the right place. Using the pit file when doing a clean wipe with a stock build like DL09 or EB01 realigns the partitions to where they need to be so everything ends up where it should be and you usually end up with fewer FC's and wonky files.

Thanks Shark, I have again learned something new!

cartman311

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site

Can the 2.2 pit file be used any time you ODIN files. For example would it be beneficial to use the 2.2 pit file when you load the 2.0 COM ROM ODIN files from landshark. The reason I’m asking is because I have some force closures that happen and I’m still on superclean 2.9.2 ODIN package from droidX and I wanted to upgrade to COM ROM 2.0. Would this help stop the force closures?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Can the 2.2 pit file be used any time you ODIN files. For example would it be beneficial to use the 2.2 pit file when you load the 2.0 COM ROM ODIN files from landshark. The reason I?m asking is because I have some force closures that happen and I?m still on superclean 2.9.2 ODIN package from droidX and I wanted to upgrade to COM ROM 2.0. Would this help stop the force closures?

No, you should only use the pit file in combination with a fully stock ODIN package such as DI01, DL09, or EB01. If you are having force close issues and move on to Comm ROM it is recommended you do a full wipe of data, cache, and dalvik and the full wipe may take care of the force close issues. If it doesn't, then I would recommend fixing permissions. That script is included in Superclean 2.9.2 and Comm ROM. Download Android terminal emulator from the market. Open it up and you will see a blue screen with a $ prompt in the upper left corner and a keyboard. Type su next to the $ and hit the enter key. Terminal emulator will be granted superuser status and the keyboard will disappear. Hit the menu soft key and choose toggle keyboard and the keyboard will reappear. You will see a # next to su. Next to the # type fxpms and hit enter on the keyboard. You should see a scrolling text on the blue screen. This will take a few minutes and when it is done you will see another # sign. Back out of terminal emulator and that should take care of the force close issues.

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

ok, so i ask again, has anyone tried this with success??

also wondering if saving sd to computer first, format card, pull card, install leak, do quoted fix, install card and replace card contents from tether to computer would prevent card nuke... any thoughts??

Personally backed up card to pc, kept it out of the phone and updated from CR 2 to this leak. Let it boot to desktop and install and reboot. Shut down and placed memory card back in phone. Never lost any data, after nearly two weeks now, but have to deal with overy other day FC reboot. I can deal with that, as it typically happens when running Netflix, Pandroa or Plants v Zombies for a long period of time. Removing the card seems to be the big life saver.

SuD

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

SuD! SuD! SuD! SuD! :p:D

Yeah, I'm still in and out these days. Still working on those two huge deals at work... multi-million dollar deals are hard to pull away from. Though I get no $$$ from the deals, I get a ton of job security. Additionally, the company is releasing a new product and I'm the Support Mgr, so I have to write the service manuals, training, etc. Super Secret Squirrel stuff, but again... if it keeps me employed, I got to keep my focus there.

One of the two deals the company was working on was approved, so now they're scrambling to see how they can pull of the commitment. The other is still being sown. To be honest, I've got so much work that if you see me post during the day, I hope that no one here knows me IRL, as I'm likely to get canned for dinking around instead of focusing on these deals. I guess that my company's 6 Billion gross annual earnings isn't enough.

Oh well, either way I'm still around. Wife just killed her Eris so maybe I'll get her a Fascinate since it's all kinds of sexy now with GB. And when I say Sexy, it's that kind of sexy when you're a Sailor and drunk in Thailand and you're at a place called the Bunny Bar and... wait, this is a pg rated forum right? Nevermind.

I'm still around, so feel free to drop me a line once and a while. I still pm folks that are having issues and help them when I can. You seem to have picked up a tonne of support since I had to drop out. Kudos to you and what you've become. I do this for a living for my company, and can get worn out. Helping out here was a great way to forget about work. I wish that I could spend more time here, but I have to keep the priorities where the income is until the stress cools off. Maybe November, but it'll pick back up really quick because I have two more products to release first and second quarter of next year.

I wonder if S Mart is hiring. Shop smart. Shop S Mart!!

SuD

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Hey, just great to see you around SuD. Pop in whenever you can even if it just to drop a quick Hi.

Sounds great that those two projects are going well for you. Job security is definitely a big thing in this economy. After all, everyone's main focus is the same - taking care of our loved ones.

Yeah, definitely continuing with the great crew here. It keeps expanding and rolling along. Everyone keeps saying we are all enjoying interacting with each other and getting to know each other we all want to try and move to the same phone after this to keep everyone together. Seems most of us are focused on the SGS 2 with the superamoled + display. Hoping it will be a 4G LTE phone. I'm not eligible for a discounted upgrade until 05/12, so I'll just have to hang out in that forum for a while without having the phone.

Anyway, take care. Best of luck with the rest of the deals. And we'll look forward to your next visit.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

No, you should only use the pit file in combination with a fully stock ODIN package such as DI01, DL09, or EB01. If you are having force close issues and move on to Comm ROM it is recommended you do a full wipe of data, cache, and dalvik and the full wipe may take care of the force close issues. If it doesn't, then I would recommend fixing permissions. That script is included in Superclean 2.9.2 and Comm ROM. Download Android terminal emulator from the market. Open it up and you will see a blue screen with a $ prompt in the upper left corner and a keyboard. Type su next to the $ and hit the enter key. Terminal emulator will be granted superuser status and the keyboard will disappear. Hit the menu soft key and choose toggle keyboard and the keyboard will reappear. You will see a # next to su. Next to the # type fxpms and hit enter on the keyboard. You should see a scrolling text on the blue screen. This will take a few minutes and when it is done you will see another # sign. Back out of terminal emulator and that should take care of the force close issues.

I followed all those steps to fix permissions but I get an error saying applet not found and broken pipe. Any clue on what I need to do?

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

Additionally, the company is releasing a new product and I'm the Support Mgr, so I have to write the service manuals, training, etc.

Oh well, either way I'm still around. Wife just killed her Eris so maybe I'll get her a Fascinate since it's all kinds of sexy now with GB.

Support manager from Ohio with a GB fascinate and a wife with an eris? Creepy... What way does your desk face? If you say north-east...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I followed all those steps to fix permissions but I get an error saying applet not found and broken pipe. Any clue on what I need to do?

That's odd, because I just unzipped superclean 2.9.2 and UKB 2.0 and both contain the fix permissions script. Which ROM are you running? I will unzip it and make sure it has the fix permissions script.

ehernandez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site

That's odd, because I just unzipped superclean 2.9.2 and UKB 2.0 and both contain the fix permissions script. Which ROM are you running? I will unzip it and make sure it has the fix permissions script.

im using the ukb 2.0 pbj 50 and also installed the patch. I looked through my sd card and see a fxpms.zip in there. Do i need to flash that with cwm? I had no problems fixing permissions when i was on superclean 2.9.2.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

im using the ukb 2.0 pbj 50 and also installed the patch. I looked through my sd card and see a fxpms.zip in there. Do i need to flash that with cwm? I had no problems fixing permissions when i was on superclean 2.9.2.

I saw a post or two I believe over at xda saying for some reason, the fix permissions and wipe batt stats scripts were not working with the PBJ kernel for some reason. They are definitely working with OTB and ComaVolt as I have done the fix permissions and batt stats with both kernels on CR 2.0. Sorrry, completely forgot about those posts about the PBJ kernel.

ExpertZero

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

been running this leak for about 12 hrs now... so far so good, only issue i've had so far is my bluetooth isn't working right, like the controls on the headset don't communicate with the phone. the headset works but i can't hang it up using the headset, or answer .. it's just like using a corded headset. sometimes when i turn bluetooth off on the phone and try to turn it back on i have to restart the phone for it to come back on