[ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stock package

jalin725

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stoc

new to the forum but have been watching and have seen all the great work being done by the devs. My hat goes off to them all. My experience has been pretty good with all the releases so far until now. i removed my SD card and installed this leak and after the install I added the SD card back to my fascinate and became damaged.(good thing I had an extra one). But all in all things are running smoothly. i wish there was a way to retrieve what I lost on the old SD card but oh well..

thanks to all!!!

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
new to the forum but have been watching and have seen all the great work being done by the devs. My hat goes off to them all. My experience has been pretty good with all the releases so far until now. i removed my SD card and installed this leak and after the install I added the SD card back to my fascinate and became damaged.(good thing I had an extra one). But all in all things are running smoothly. i wish there was a way to retrieve what I lost on the old SD card but oh well..

thanks to all!!!

By damaged do you mean formatted or non usable? some people have had success in recovering their files after a format.
The gingerbread leak appeared to have wiped my sd card but I unmounted and rebooted my phone and everything was still there.

jalin725

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site

By damaged do you mean formatted or non usable? some people have had success in recovering their files after a format.
The gingerbread leak appeared to have wiped my sd card but I unmounted and rebooted my phone and everything was still there.
the message I got on my phone was damaged and needed to format. But everytime I put it in my phone it wouldn't read it.

Funny thing though, I redid the install and tried to read the SD card that was damaged and it read it, but did not have anything on the sd card.

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Series of interesting events... for those that care to read about someone else's events.

Flashed CR 1.3/2.0 over the course of a couple of weeks. I did not like the performance of the battery, as I was having to charge it twice a day and saw someone state that GB was giving better performance, so I pulled the trigger. I was also having an issue where the battery seemed to be getting a bit too hot. Even though I knew that it wasn't a VZ issue, I called VZ and they told me to go into a local store and have them check the battery.

Backed up my MicroSD card because I knew about the cards getting corrupted or wiped with the flash of the Gingerbread leak.

Removed the card and then flashed the leak, and all was well. Re-inserted the card and went about my day. Saw that the battery was where I liked too... Topped off at the beginning of my day and didn't need to be charged until I got home from work... so I opted to put Netflix on the phone, and all was better since now I could manage my queue AND stream movies. What else could someone want?

Then I saw something odd... a couple of apps that I stored to my memory card where I used widgets were missing from my phone's home page. I thought nothing of it, fixed it, and moved on... until it happened more and more, as well as my phone telling me that it couldn't operate my camera because I didn't have a memory card, and then the big whammy... the phone showed me a message that my memory card was damaged... failure was near absolute.

I put the card into my read for my pc and saw that the size of the card itself incresed by 1 gb, and the card itself was overheating. Card sizes don't change, so I tried to do another backup and failed. I couldn't even format the card. It was finally dead. The controller must have failed. 99% of what I read is that if Windows can detect it but can't format it, the controller is likely fried... multiple pc's, same result. Oh well, I have a backup I can get to when I get back to work on Wednesday, so no real biggie. Time to prep the phone since I want to go to the VZ store. Phone preppe'd, and I get there:

I go to the VZ store after EB01 wipe from GB.

1 - They check the battery by placing it on the counter to see if it will spin. This is their hi-tech way of seeing if the cells in the pack are bad. If they're swollen, and make the pack spin like a top, then the pack is bad. WTF?

2 - They took the phone in the back to see if they could read the card. They could not, so they replaced the card.

3 - They're replacing the phone too. Apparently my phone gave the message that the USB was enumerating or connected when no cable was connected, so they're replacing it. I'll get it in the mail on Thursday because most all stores have to ship replacement phones these days.

I left the store partially satisfied. The unhappy part called 611 and is now having a new battery shipped to me. I also had them clarifiy their "lemon law" rules on phone replacements.

In short, if you have your 3rd phone and call in with a need to replace the phone again, they'll work with you on replacing the phone with a new make and model. I don't hope to have the problem with the phone, but after having to hear that this phone has the same problem my first one did (USB Enumeration when no USB was connected), I believe that something is fishy between the Fascinate and the software on the phone.

So, there's a small part of my Saturday afternoon. Getting a replacement phone and battery, got my card replaced because the controller went bad, and preparing to get a new make and model because I fully expect this phone to have the same USB enumeration issue within a short time. First time it happened, it showed that it fully charged my batter from dead to full in 3 minutes. Ahh, the good ole days.

BTW, I tried various data recovery utilites that have worked in the past, and they failed. I would have tried PhotoRec if I would have remembered that someone posted it here, but with a card getting hot like it was, the card was literally fried.

Happy Saturday y'all. Have a safe and great 4th if you're in the States. If you're in England:

Last edited:

anon(40232)

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site

Amazing guide! Installed like a champ. Many thanks!

Time for some Robotech from Netflix. :D

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Stand up dad, did you use the original leak or one of the modified versions? Did you root it?

Used the one from the OP, rooted it, and was very happy with it. Why do you ask?

I can't say that GB caused my controller/card to fail, as that is a hard one for me to swallow... the card was not recoverable by any means. I have recovered thousands of images over the years for friends and family from bad cards, deleted files, formatted cards, etc. When I can't do it for myself, I just take it that it's dead, Jim.

But the issues with the battery getting hot like the cpu was at 100% for long periods of time, I can believe. When I went to GB, the hot battery issues stopped, FC's stopped, etc. I run 90+% of my stuff off of the phone and not SD, and typically don't have an issue. When I do, I contact folks like Adrynalyne and others, and it gets fixed.

The card was a hard failure, which could have been caused by the battery and phone getting too hot, but I'm okay with it. Stuff happens. I going to to GB the replacement phone when I get it because I've gotten too used to Netflix at lunchtime. If I get the USB enumeration issue again, well... let's just say that I'm shopping for a new phone and don't know what to get. I thought that I would get a new make and model phone when I could prove that VZ's settings for hotmail wouldn't work for me, but I agreed to take the phone home and contact Microsoft for that issue... dammit, it was a Microsoft issue, they tweaked my account, and then I could use the native email app in the phone for my hotmail account. They wouldn't tell me what it was, but they told me that they had to make changes to the hotmail account to make it work with the Android phones.

standupdad

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Amazing guide! Installed like a champ. Many thanks!

Time for some Robotech from Netflix. :D

DroidX has some seriously specific steps to do it the right way, the first time, and everytime. He's always spot on!!

Robotech? I heard someone at work telling me that there were some new ones that were just getting released. Don't know if he meant on Netflix or just in general.

Now if you said Starblazers!!! I'd be oooooooffff to outer space, to saaaaaave the human race!!

STLRampage1

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have been running the original leak (Note: I have NOT rooted.) since the 27th and have had no SD card issues. (No wipes or fried cards.) I backed up my SD card, removed my SD card when installing the leaked GB, formatted the SD card as soon as the leaked GB booted up, then copied all my files back to the sd. (my first attempt at GB was with the card in three phone the whole time and it wiped my card.

Mangojoyride

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

i've been holding off on this. is there even going to be a debloated "superclean"ish version of this coming soon or should i just go ahead and put this on

nuker2guy

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

I did this, and fried my 16gb sdcard :( I couldn't get a titanium backup from it, so I'm using one I stored on my computer from earlier. I only have a 4gb sdcard, and was wondering if I could take the 16gb sdcard to verizon and claim an update broke it. I went back to stock froyo, GB was freezing my phone up. Any thoughts? Thanks

rnfkrha88

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

little question!! Im in South Korea for my summer school, so i suspended my fascinate.... in that case, what happen if i install this rom?? can i restore my contactlist by wifi?

Robc1880

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I put this ROM on my phone about 18 hours ago and so far so good. It looks like the battery life is better than 2.2 so far. As far as my SD card, I removed it upon flash and then reinstalled for first boot up. My card did not get fried or wiped, it is actually working fine with previous data on it.

genchildren65

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

ran the leak through odin, couldn't care less about the sd card issue, i have another and i think you can buy them for scraps on ebay. only issue i have is that i can't send or recieve texts. not sure, maybe i read something earlier about this but stayed up til 5 a.m. reading 28 pages of posts to see if i want to chance it and can't recall all of the info i crammed! didn't root on GB. it's almost 12 hours installed here as well and haven't had any problems with sd card. formatted my card after install as a previous poster did. previous version was basically stock with root, never upped to froyo. very nice battery life and seems to be a fast rom, i'm impressed. just wish i could text.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci