[ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stock package

brasmonkey3377

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ODIN][Released by p3droid] Leaked Gingerbread EC09 Full Stoc

I know you say to click the PDA button and "DONT CLICK THE PHONE BUTTON" on odin, but I got to this forum way too late and i made the mistake of flashing a file under the odin "PHONE" button.. Is there any way you can post a fix for this? Or at least a file I could flash to it? Any help would be much appreciated.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I know you say to click the PDA button and "DONT CLICK THE PHONE BUTTON" on odin, but I got to this forum way too late and i made the mistake of flashing a file under the odin "PHONE" button.. Is there any way you can post a fix for this? Or at least a file I could flash to it? Any help would be much appreciated.

I've never done it myself, but I've read that flashing something to your fascinate using the phone button in odin is one of the only ways to permanently brick it!

Is your phone bricked? If so, you may be out of luck, unless someone has figured out a way to recover from that mistake.

killahax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

So what is the deal with this update? i can not get odin to regonise my phone at all. and i have win7 64 bit. and i get a pop up saying drivers where not installed correctly and used the driver from samsung also etc. and then i tried with run as admin and still nothing. and also tried on my buddys windows xp and did the same and nothing as well.. will odin does not see my facsinate... what is the deal and what is going on? please help.. thanks.

i have EHO3 VERSION installed on phone
firmware 2.3.5

do i need to start from scratch from all the system updates?

Last edited:

JGOelfke

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't EH03 a more up-to-date version of Gingerbread? EC09 updates the firmware to 2.3.3...EH03 is 2.3.7.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't EH03 a more up-to-date version of Gingerbread? EC09 updates the firmware to 2.3.3...EH03 is 2.3.7.
Yes, you are correct. EH03 is the official, Verizon release of Gingerbread for the Fascinate. No need to even consider EC09 anymore. EH03 doesn't bork your sd card like EC09 can either!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

Yes, you are correct. EH03 is the official, Verizon release of Gingerbread for the Fascinate. No need to even consider EC09 anymore. EH03 doesn't bork your sd card like EC09 can either!

Actually he is "close", EH03 is 2.3.5 and not 2.3.7 (which is the latest from Google) and I am seconding the notion of "WTF is an EC09 thread?". Why is this thread still stickied? It should have been put out to pasture a long long LONG time ago, like, around the time that everyone who tried EC09 totally toasted their SDcards... This thread should be replaced with one line: "RIP EC09, don't even think about trying it or you will be sorry" and there ought to be a thread covering EC03.

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

...and I am seconding the notion of "WTF is an EC09 thread?". Why is this thread still stickied? It should have been put out to pasture a long long LONG time ago, like, around the time that everyone who tried EC09 totally toasted their SDcards... This thread should be replaced with one line: "RIP EC09, don't even think about trying it or you will be sorry" and there ought to be a thread covering EC03.

I third that notion! Not just because my SD card got toasted but this is so obsolete it no longer belongs as as sticky.

PLEASE TAKE THIS DOWN!!

mitchewr

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I just read through all 37 pages of this thread hoping to find a link or info regarding 2.3.5 (which is what i currently have installed) files so that I can try rooting my phone for the first time. Am I doomed to go back to Froyo just so that I can root? :/

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I installed the ROM properly and it worked fine for a couple weeks. A few days ago, I started having problems with the sd card not being read properly. A reboot would fix this. Yesterday, the card finally went kaput. I know that there was a possibility of it being fried upon installation of the ROM. So, I installed the ROM without it. Is my card being ruined a product of the new ROM or is this just a coincidence? If it is a ROM problem, is there a fix in the works? Just want to know so I can wait for a new ROM to buy an sd card. Don't want my new one getting fried.

bababooey

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I installed the ROM properly and it worked fine for a couple weeks. A few days ago, I started having problems with the sd card not being read properly. A reboot would fix this. Yesterday, the card finally went kaput. I know that there was a possibility of it being fried upon installation of the ROM. So, I installed the ROM without it. Is my card being ruined a product of the new ROM or is this just a coincidence? If it is a ROM problem, is there a fix in the works? Just want to know so I can wait for a new ROM to buy an sd card. Don't want my new one getting fried.

Nevermind! I just read the posts above mine. I am running EC09. Does this ROM no longer use EC09? If so, I'm reformatting right this instant. :)

94SupraT

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

Thanks so much for this. I bricked my fassy and was able to restore it to GB with this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC