06-24-2011 03:25 PM
28 12
tools
    I loaded Navenedrob's Nameless v4.1 last and things are running smooth. Batt. life seems really good so far (but it's only been half a day). What say ya'll? Anyone else out there being a Guinea Pig?

I don't want to get into trouble for linking to things so you can just find the link in the combined resource list in the stickies if you want to give it a try!
    06-22-2011 01:44 PM
    I've been using it. I can't change the permissions in the system folder though and the browser force closes on downloads.
    06-22-2011 02:11 PM
    Yup been runnin it since it came out.I like the GB and all, but voodoo is deeply missed. You don't really realize the difference it makes till it's gone. I starting to like the go launcher thats packaged with it . Been a launcher pro user over all the other launchers, but this go launcher is very similar
    06-22-2011 02:50 PM
    I flashed it last night. There's a few issues that he's aware of and presumable working on, but no deal breakers like other 2.3 roms (lack of camera, sensors, mms, ets.).
    06-22-2011 02:54 PM
    but voodoo is deeply missed. You don't really realize the difference it makes till it's gone.
    It's funny, I spent months going back and forth between Voodoo and RFS, trying each one for a few weeks at a time, and I honestly could not tell the difference. Came to the conclusion that, for the way I use my phone at least, it really doesn't do anything useful for me.
    bigjobber69 and DrkGhst87 like this.
    06-22-2011 02:57 PM
    i am using nameless 4.1 and I like it a lot. I had some issues with the restore of apps via titanium pro, but I figured that out.

Overall, I really like it. Battery is good and signal is much, much better than Froyo.
    06-22-2011 09:46 PM
    Same here with the GO Launcher I've used LP since I got my phone but I'm kind of liking it.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    06-22-2011 10:32 PM
    I've been using it for a couple days now, I like it so far. It has its issues, but what new rom doesnt?
    06-23-2011 09:03 AM
    i got rid of that crap. that rom sucks!! not navendrops fault, you can only make crap look so pretty.
    06-23-2011 09:08 AM
    I am waiting for the TW add-on he promised us, personally I like the stock look/feel enough to keep it. I tried Nameless 4.0 and it crashed a fair bit (the stock rom only crashes slightly less) but that's where I am for now.
    06-23-2011 09:19 AM
    I flashed it last night. There's a few issues that he's aware of and presumable working on, but no deal breakers like other 2.3 roms (lack of camera, sensors, mms, ets.).
    hows this for a deal breaker. sbrissen lost his sd card. i dont mean he lost everything on it (which happened to me twice) his is TOAST. and he isnt the only one.
    06-23-2011 09:24 AM
    hows this for a deal breaker. sbrissen lost his sd card. i dont mean he lost everything on it (which happened to me twice) his is TOAST. and he isnt the only one.
    Ouch... Did this happen while flashing it or after? I've had no issues but I'll have take extra in explaining the risks of installing it.
    06-23-2011 09:41 AM
    Got butter? Ive got toast too
    Im back to ukb... kept the radio tho. Not too sure bout that either. I think it has to go too
    06-23-2011 12:35 PM
    I've read about the sd card getting formatted with the nameless version but in my case my sd card got formatted with the first leaked version so i decided that using nameless i got nothing to loose anymore lol. hoping this wont toast my sd card though.

go launcher is almost the same as LP but laggy on my phone went back to LP again. been using nameless for 20 hours and battery seems decent enough compared to froyo.
    06-23-2011 01:06 PM
    I feel like everyone is always in a rush to flash the "newest best thing" out there... (especially all the newbies who haven't put the time and effort into doing RESEARCH on anything yet)

I say instead of jumping into these brand new ROMs right away, take a deep breath, relax, be content with the AWESOME work that TSM has provided.... and if/when they get their hands on GB and do something with it... then I say go for it. Otherwise, I feel like these "Is anyone else having issues with so-and-so ROM too???" threads will continue to pour out
    06-23-2011 01:15 PM
    I feel like everyone is always in a rush to flash the "newest best thing" out there... (especially all the newbies who haven't put the time and effort into doing RESEARCH on anything yet)

I say instead of jumping into these brand new ROMs right away, take a deep breath, relax, be content with the AWESOME work that TSM has provided.... and if/when they get their hands on GB and do something with it... then I say go for it. Otherwise, I feel like these "Is anyone else having issues with so-and-so ROM too???" threads will continue to pour out
    Yeah that sounds like fun. Its just a phone. How do u learn anything that way. You are right on one hand... there are some that shouldn't be flashing anything

***EDIT***
    I would like to apologize 4 playing into the previousdude's thread hijack
    06-23-2011 02:19 PM
    well actually time was put in before installing or flashing new roms. when someone post a new release even if its the creator a somebody found a leak somewhere. there are reason why would they post it on forums like here, either they have tried it and liked it or somebody they know who can say it's a good version tried it.

then bugs comes out ... even the most stable version of kernel and roms have bugs in them. it is just unfortunate that worst happens to other users and others get lucky avoiding those bugs.
    06-23-2011 03:10 PM
    Just fried my SD card. Don't say you weren't warned. Mine happened on a reboot
    06-23-2011 03:47 PM
    thank you to the last 3 posts for proving my point
    06-23-2011 04:41 PM
    FWIW, I was able to go to my local Verizon store and get it replaced under warranty. I did put my phone back to stock so that I wouldn't run into issues with the employees. They never even looked at my phone. The replacement card was Sandisk, not Samsung. It's all good in the hood. Back to Froyo ComRom for me. I'll sit out and watch for now
    JOrtenzi likes this.
    06-23-2011 05:04 PM
    Earlier I had my wife pull her card before it was damaged. I just put her back to stock and re-installed the card. When I went to mount the card it asked to check the card for errors. It did find errors and was able to correct them from what I can tell. It seems to be working at this point. This tells me that if you card hasn't completely fried yet, it's probably just a matter of time.
    06-23-2011 05:46 PM
    Hmm, followed Navenedrob's instructions to the "T" and havn't had to many issues other than a few programs fc'ing and usb debuging keeps resetting after each reboot and other issues that have been stated already, but other than that not enough problems to effect what I use and do on my phone. I have out of precaution changed out my 16gb micro SD for a extra 4gb that I had laying around just in case. (*knocks on wood*)

As far as performance goes, it is a tad bit slower but for obvious reasons (from ext4 voodoo to rfs ...) but with the things that I do on my phone it hasn't bothered me at all and I know that quadrant scores dont mean much but I've hit over 1000 multiple times and can't wait to see the speeds once we get to voodoo for GB on our phones. Also, I've noticed faster start up times and shutdown times than before. Meaning the time it takes from when it says "Samsung" to the UI popping up and when the phone shuts off. As for battery, I've had v4.1 installed since day one and I can say that it has been the best battery life I've had even with using UV kernels on other roms and this is stock (again each phone is different and this is just in my case).

So all in all for a quick ROM release of GB with only a few minor fixes to the many problems it has, this has been a pretty good experience for me, but everyones phone is different. I'll probably keep running NAMELESS v4.1 till then next update comes.
    06-23-2011 07:15 PM

To be far I didn't create the thread to see if people were having problems, I created to see how people liked the first and maybe rushed clean version GB. I may be reverting just to be safe but I have really enjoyed it so far.
    06-23-2011 08:53 PM
    Yea, that is a deal breaker. I didn't have any problems with my SD card, but reading the increasing reports of fried cards got me scared and I reverted back to ED01.

After about 2 days with it, the rom isn't really worth flashing. It's pretty rough, in many respects. Lots of problems with videos - YouTube wouldn't play anything, Netflix wouldn't stream anything, local video files had problems, browser wouldn't download, disabling auto-rotation wasn't respected and other little nagging issues. Like you said, none of this is Navenedrob's fault, but without at least Netflix working, beside the screen-off animations, the rom offers absolutely nothing over 2.2.

The only reason I tried it is because I have CM7 running on a Barnes and Noble Nook Color, and it's awesome. Was hoping this would be close to that, but it's just not... Hopefully the leak will help get an official, fully working, CM7 out for our phones.
    06-23-2011 09:09 PM
    Another victim of the sd card problem. Gonna attempt some file recovery. Was going to switch to comrom but power was out at my place yesterday when the crash happened. Enjoyed the brief look at gb, but need my phone a little more functional. I too had followed the install identically. Did get high quadrant scores, highest nonvoodoo I had seen. This was all done on a factory fresh refurb too, running edo4 to start.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    06-24-2011 09:02 AM
28 12