What is the newest, official release for Fascinate?

Red913

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I don't even remember what I was running on my phone before. Some custom rom that was rooted. I had a few issues, not a lot...but enough to make me want to go back to a non-rooted factory rom. I found a thread that put me back to DI01. Verizon says that's the most recent version they have and I will not receive an OTA update. I thought they officially released a 2.2 Froyo? So either way, which is the newest update for my phone and does anyone have a link to a thread that will let me download the .tar file to flash with Odin as I'm not using any mods on my phone right now to install a rom any other way?

papa54

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I don't even remember what I was running on my phone before. Some custom rom that was rooted. I had a few issues, not a lot...but enough to make me want to go back to a non-rooted factory rom. I found a thread that put me back to DI01. Verizon says that's the most recent version they have and I will not receive an OTA update. I thought they officially released a 2.2 Froyo? So either way, which is the newest update for my phone and does anyone have a link to a thread that will let me download the .tar file to flash with Odin as I'm not using any mods on my phone right now to install a rom any other way?

search the forums for the easy way to go back to stock..usually found on first page of the new roms etc and DroidX has the files to odin or get a zip and flash it.. ED01 is what yer looking for.. odin it and you will have stock version, then you could either flash from ED01 to ED03 or 4these are official updates....

Red913

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
search the forums for the easy way to go back to stock..usually found on first page of the new roms etc and DroidX has the files to odin or get a zip and flash it.. ED01 is what yer looking for.. odin it and you will have stock version, then you could either flash from ED01 to ED03 or 4these are official updates....

I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear. I went back to stock. DI01.

Red913

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
So far for ED01 I can't find anything that allows me to get the radio for it. Was there one released that can be flashed with odin?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Going back to stock DI01 doesn't seem to be working for people to receive the latest official OTA which is now ED04. You need to ODIN back to DL09 in order to receive the OTA update. Flash this file in the PDA section of ODIN:

http://adrynalyne.us/files/stuff/CI500_VZW_DL09_ECLAIR.tar.md5

There is no stand alone ODIN flashable radio for ED01 or ED04. There are modem delta zip files that can get you to either modem, but if you flash the DL09 file above in ODIN you should have no problem getting the OTA to ED04 and will have that modem.

tw105188

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
is there an odin file to bring phone to stock froyo without OTA? Something has happened to my radio and I can't get any data connection. So I want to make sure I am on the stock OTA if I have to call Verizon..

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
is there an odin file to bring phone to stock froyo without OTA? Something has happened to my radio and I can't get any data connection. So I want to make sure I am on the stock OTA if I have to call Verizon..

There is no ODIN file for ED04. There is an ODIN file for ED01, but that doesn't include the modem. Best thing would be to flash to DL09 and just let them know you were having some kind of problem and never received the official Froyo OTA.

aerichards1977

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

You could also Odin DL09, then put the updates on your SD card, rename them to update.zip by following these guidelines here. I do this all the time as it is much easier than waiting for the updates. Basically:

1. Odin DL09
2. Boot, put the first EA28 updated on your SD card and rename to update.zip. Shut down.
3. Reboot into recovery (up, down, power) and go to run update.zip. Execute
4. Restart and load the new ED01 file onto your SD card and now name this one update.zip. (the other one can be deleted)
Shut down, boot to recovery, run update.zip again.

You will now be on ED01, takes about 15 minutes total to odin through ED01. Like I said, I used to do this all the time.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I get to EA28 fine, but I get an error message when I try the ED01 update.zip. do you do it the same way as the EA28?

Yes, do it the same way as EA28, but make sure you delete the EA28 update.zip file before trying to flash the ED01 zip file.

Red913

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Going back to stock DI01 doesn't seem to be working for people to receive the latest official OTA which is now ED04. You need to ODIN back to DL09 in order to receive the OTA update. Flash this file in the PDA section of ODIN:

http://adrynalyne.us/files/stuff/CI500_VZW_DL09_ECLAIR.tar.md5

There is no stand alone ODIN flashable radio for ED01 or ED04. There are modem delta zip files that can get you to either modem, but if you flash the DL09 file above in ODIN you should have no problem getting the OTA to ED04 and will have that modem.

Thanks, installed it via Odin and I still keep getting the same error. Also, another weird thing is that many apps I want aren't available on the market right now. Even Google apps! For instance Google Maps isn't there.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, installed it via Odin and I still keep getting the same error. Also, another weird thing is that many apps I want aren't available on the market right now. Even Google apps! For instance Google Maps isn't there.

That's really odd. I know you just ODIN'd to DL09 but can you do me a favor and go menu=>settings=>about phone and tell me what it says for the following:

Firmware version
Baseband version
Kernel version
Build number

Also may seem like a stupid question, but I want to make sure to cover all the bases. When you are trying to get the OTA update is your wifi turned off?

Red913

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
That's really odd. I know you just ODIN'd to DL09 but can you do me a favor and go menu=>settings=>about phone and tell me what it says for the following:

Firmware version
Baseband version
Kernel version
Build number

Also may seem like a stupid question, but I want to make sure to cover all the bases. When you are trying to get the OTA update is your wifi turned off?

Firm:2.1-update1
Base:s:i500.04 V.DL09
Ker:2.6.29
Build:SCH-I500.DL09

And yes, no wifi.( Wifi was off during the attempt at updating)

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Firm:2.1-update1
Base:s:i500.04 V.DL09
Ker:2.6.29
Build:SCH-I500.DL09

And yes, no wifi.( Wifi was off during the attempt at updating)

Damn, this is confusing and frustrating. Everything is reading correct and you are doing everything correctly. Can't understand why you are not getting the update. Must have something to do with your 3G connection. Have you every updated your PRL by dialing *228? If you haven't try that. Dial *228 from your phone and choose option 2. Phone will reboot after. Hopefully give you a better connection to towers.

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to have any clockwork stuff or root it, or anything like that.

It's completely stock, nothing custom required. The update.zips only work in the stock recovery, so all you have to do is put them on the root of your SD card (one at a time) and reboot into stock recovery. apply the update.zip and it will update your phone the same way an OTA does. Anytime I have to go back to stock, that's the method I use to speed up the process of updating to ED01.

Red913

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Damn, this is confusing and frustrating. Everything is reading correct and you are doing everything correctly. Can't understand why you are not getting the update. Must have something to do with your 3G connection. Have you every updated your PRL by dialing *228? If you haven't try that. Dial *228 from your phone and choose option 2. Phone will reboot after. Hopefully give you a better connection to towers.
ya tried that this morning and tried to get the update in full signal strength and still nothing. I wouldn't care anymore but my market isn't listing all the apps it should. I wonder if I should try reinstalling this? Oh yeah, and my facebook pics aren't updating my contact pics.

nici1970

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I had issues when I tried to odin to stock.Could not until several tries and over 2 hours get the over the air updates, then once I did get back to ed04 I had issues with the market and several other things. This occured after my 2nd refurbished phone that came with ed04 on it already. My solution was to odin back, then do a factory reset..Once my phone came up it had ED04 without doing over the air, was able to sign into google mail and the market was fine. While this worked for me, Im not sure it will work for everyones phone since most didnt come refurbed with ed04 but as I said odining and letting it boot up and then doing a factory reset worked perfect. I just found it odd that when I did odin back, did facory reset, it booted up with ED04 already there.....without ota updates.

Last edited:

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had issues when I tried to odin to stock.Could not until several tries and over 2 hours get the over the air updates, then once I did get back to ed04 I had issues with the market and several other things. This occured after my 2nd refurbished phone that came with ed04 on it already. My solution was to odin back, then do a factory reset..Once my phone came up it had ED04 without doing over the air, was able to sign into google mail and the market was fine. While this worked for me, Im not sure it will work for everyones phone since most didnt come refurbed with ed04 but as I said odining and letting it boot up and then doing a factory reset worked perfect. I just found it odd that when I did odin back, did facory reset, it booted up with ED04 already there.....without ota updates.

If your phone came with ED04 preinstalled, you would keep that when you did a Factory Restore, same as when you OTA, the restore just resets the current build and gets rid of anything you've done with it. If you ODINed to a different build, it should have overwritten that. Regardless, glad to hear your phone is working well now!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995